Hi All,

I just got BB z10 a couple days ago - I bought it from Amazon unlocked. There is a huge learning curve with this device and many bugs. One of the bugs I found like several other people was transfering of everything from my BB 9700 bold to the z10. Nothing of mine got transfered. Not my contacts. Not my apps that I had. Nothing. The only thing that got transfered was BBM and that too after I signed in and my email after I signed into my yahoo.

Finally I got around transfering of contacts by importing my contacts to a gmail account and then doing a sync with the bb z10 and Gmail to sync ONLY contacts. And that worked. So I have all my contacts in my CONTACT icon.

However, when I click my PHONE icon and go to the CONTACT icon there - NOTHING shows up. There are NO contacts at all for me to dial from. So all the 1036 contacts show when I click the CONTACT icon on my home page. But when I click the PHONE icon and from there click the CONTACT icon so I can just press the contact I want to ring - NOTHING appears there - its TOTALLY Blank.

Any ideas anyone on how I can make all my 1036 icons appear in my PHONE CONTACT icon so that I can just dial from there instead of having to memorize the number and use the dial pad to punch in the number?

Thanks,
    Mareena
    04-13-13 08:24 AM
    I am not an expert .......... I have clicked all over my phone trying to find something that might help ........ nothing.

I will say that others have reported problems sync'ing with Gmail ...... primarily creating duplicates, etc.

I found a BB Knowledge Base article ------- following the instructions on this to Sync your Gmail may prevent the duplicate issue from showing up .......... and could help with the problem you are seeing (not sure since I have not read where anyone is having your problem).

See my next post below for BB Knowledge base article
    04-13-13 09:03 AM
    Duplicate Gmail Contacts appear on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    Article ID: KB34047

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 04-10-2013

PrintEmail Document Bookmark
    Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry 10
    Z10

Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums Follow us on Twitter� @BlackBerryHelp Collapse all | Expand all Jump to: Environment | Overview | Cause | Workaround
    Environment

BlackBerry 10 OS
    DT 7037784
    PR 319057

Overview

In some cases users may experience duplicate Gmail Contacts when integrated via CardDAV on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Cause

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Workaround

To remove and re-add the Gmail Contacts on the smartphone, complete the following:

Remove Gmail Contacts:

Swipe down from the top bezel.
    Select Settings.
    Select Accounts.
    Select Gmail Contacts.
    Select Delete at the bottom.

Re-add Gmail Contacts:

Select Add Account at bottom of the Accounts screen
    Select Advanced.
    Scroll down and select CardDAV.
    Enter the Gmail email address as the Username.
    Type the Gmail email address as the Email Address.
    For Server Address type google.com
    Set the Sync Interval as needed.
    Tap Done.
    04-13-13 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD