^maybe that is why I can not get mine to work. We are using 2010
    02-11-13 05:50 PM
    I have been reading these posts helping to read a magic fix for connecting the new z10 to my exchange server. Hours with no luck. I can connect my wife's galaxy 3 perfectly but not this bb!!! Our school board obviously has the active sync up and running as Iphones and androids are connecting fine. I get the same error saying this service isn't available, etc.

The it dept really doesn't have much to say as I am the only one asking about so far. This phone isn't much use without email. :-(
    02-11-13 07:27 PM
    I have been reading these posts helping to read a magic fix for connecting the new z10 to my exchange server. Hours with no luck. I can connect my wife's galaxy 3 perfectly but not this bb!!! Our school board obviously has the active sync up and running as Iphones and androids are connecting fine. I get the same error saying this service isn't available, etc.

The it dept really doesn't have much to say as I am the only one asking about so far. This phone isn't much use without email. :-(
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Congrats on your BlackBerry Z10 device.

It's possible the settings they have on the server end are such that they would either block unknown devices or specifically block BlackBerry devices. If iPhones work on your system through Exchange ActiveSync, BlackBerry 10 devices will as well. Please work with your IT department to make sure you have the right setting and give them a chance to verify that they have everything setup properly.

If you want to share more details about what's failing and how, feel free to post more and people here will try to help you troubleshoot.
    02-11-13 08:11 PM
    I'm having an issue as I have a Hosted Exchange email plan that when I respond to an email on my BB10, the email will still appear as unread and not responded to on my Desktop Outlook.

I set up the email under advanced setup and used MS Exchange ActiveSync. Anyone having the same issue?

It had no problem pulling the emails from the server.....
    02-13-13 02:08 AM
    I'm having an issue as I have a Hosted Exchange email plan that when I respond to an email on my BB10, the email will still appear as unread and not responded to on my Desktop Outlook.

I set up the email under advanced setup and used MS Exchange ActiveSync. Anyone having the same issue?

It had no problem pulling the emails from the server.....
    Does the "sent" message appear in the sent folder in your Exchange mailbox? Does it get sent at all? Can you try sending a test message to verify? Thanks so much.
    02-13-13 02:31 AM
    Does the "sent" message appear in the sent folder in your Exchange mailbox? Does it get sent at all? Can you try sending a test message to verify? Thanks so much.
    Yup, the sent message does appear in my Outlook sent box.
    02-13-13 07:03 AM
    Yesterday I connected my Z10 to Exchange here in my office. At first it wouldn't work so I took it over to the Exchange engineer (who happens to be a good friend). He checked my settings and found no problem. He then tried his account and it worked fine. He took a look at the Exchange server and could see an error showing my account could not authenticate to ActiveSync because of a rights problem with my Active Directory account. He fixed the rights and my account worked. As soon as my Z10 attempted to sync, an email popped up on his administrator account asking for my device to be registered as a valid access device. He allowed it and within minutes email was flowing.

This morning I got 2 emails on my Z10 but not in Outlook--which is open on my desktop. I went back to what I was doing and about 1 minute later saw them in Outlook. In this case, the Z10 got those messages faster than Outlook.
    02-13-13 07:17 AM
    Exactly. BES 10 is useful for enforcing MDM (Mobile Device Management) policies, but if all you want to do is sync PIM data, then ActiveSync's all that's needed.
    I think it has one more thing that Activesync doesn't, which may be the ability to sync e-mails and calendar appts past 30 days old, even though it uses Activesync. I have BES5 and BES10. I used BES10 for a week and then removed myself off the BES and went Activesync only, last night. I noticed that e-mail and calendar appts over 30 days old don't sync. I believe it did with BES10, but there are many things about BES10 that annoyed me.

@ the OP...if it worked on iPHONE, it works on BB. It means that Activesync was setup and is working. In your case, it's simply a credentials issue. For some reason, I noticed that in the "Domain name" field...it would not work with the .ca Domain extension in our enterprise. Once I truncated that, it started working right away. Are you getting a logon /credentials message when it tries to contact the server to authenticate?
    02-13-13 07:33 AM
    ^maybe that is why I can not get mine to work. We are using 2010
    Nope, we are on 2010 SP1...Z10 works fine with it.

To anyone trying - it's tricky getting the Z10 to work with Exchange Activesync, but it does work. It is all about the setup on the Z10

Be careful with the "Domain name" field. You may have to exclude the domain extension from the name. If you're using SSL on port 443, makes sure you set SSL to on. Our Z10's work fine with 2010 either with or without Bes10. Tested and all working here.
    02-13-13 07:39 AM
    I made it worked for now

We are running two exchange servers in parallel. One is server 2007 and the other is 2010. We are going to de-commissioned the server 2007. When connecting to the 2010 server, playbook works but not the Z10. However, when connecting to the server 2007, Z10 works as well.

So not sure whether Z10 is not compatible with server 2010 or not, or there is something else. But at least it is now working!
    OK, it was not because of Exchange 2010, it is because we are in the middle of 2007 to 2010 transition, the user mailbox was still in server 2007 and she connected to 2010 which is fine for ipad and playbook because we set proxy from 2010 to 2007 server. So I guess the new Z10 won't allow proxy with added security or something like that. So after moving the user mailbox to the server 2010, it has been working ever since.

One more thing people will be happy to note is Blackberry must have installed third party software so that Z10 can sync Notes/Memos through Z10 Exchange Active Sync setup although MS Active Sync won't be able to do that !
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 01:18 PM
    OK, it was not because of Exchange 2010, it is because we are in the middle of 2007 to 2010 transition, the user mailbox was still in server 2007 and she connected to 2010 which is fine for ipad and playbook because we set proxy from 2010 to 2007 server. So I guess the new Z10 won't allow proxy with added security or something like that. So after moving the user mailbox to the server 2010, it has been working ever since.

One more thing people will be happy to note is Blackberry must have installed third party software so that Z10 can sync Notes/Memos through Z10 Exchange Active Sync setup although MS Active Sync won't be able to do that !
    Good to hear! I'm syncing to my own Exchange 2010 server w/o any issues and you're right....all contacts, tasks, notes, calendar and (or course) emails sync securely with ActiveSync. It's a great protocol and I'm glad BlackBerry is going this way!
    02-13-13 07:53 PM
    Hmm, we are also in the middle of a migration from Exchange 2007 to 2010 with mailboxes on both. Only the IT mailboxes are on the Exchange 2010 servers so far but I have been able to successfully set up 2 Z10's, one on each. On our 2007 server I only needed the email address and password. For mine I needed to go into advanced settings and specify the domain and server address.

Also I have a Live @EDU address which is using Exchange. The set up for this account required me to remove some previous mobile devices since they had a limit for the number of these devices that are allowed to be connected. This may be what some people are running into.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 06:01 PM
    Just purchased the BB Z10- and having trouble connecting Z10 to my work server and not able to get any message via email. Is this a common problem?
    thanks,
    04-09-13 09:50 PM
    Hi all,
    my z10 cannot connect to my exchange emails,contacts and calender. After activation with (BES10 server) work space ask password and dont accept my active directory password i was try all paswords but cannot receive anything.When try to change my password with active directory notting change.

we are using exchange 2007.
    In my company also 5 "z10" work normally only i have problem with password.
    Last edited by Nsszrr; 04-15-13 at 03:26 AM.
    04-15-13 03:09 AM
    Hi all,my z10 cannot connect to my exchange emails,contacts and calender. After activation with (BES10 server) work space ask password and dont accept my active directory password i was try all paswords but cannot receive anything.When try to change my password with active directory notting change.we are using exchange 2007.In my company also 5 "z10" work normally only i have problem with password.
    Can you log into your email via OWA using the same username and password? Did you recently have your password changed? If so then your account may be set to change password on next login. If that is the case you will need to log in via OWA to change your password first. You should also check with your IT department to make sure that ActiveSync is enabled for your account.
    04-15-13 08:21 AM
    Hi,

I'm having problem with our Z10 connecting/sync to Exchange 2010. The device is not able to connect/sync IF wi-fi is enabled to connect to internal network using static IP Address, which is the same segment as Exchange Server's IP Address. But when we disable wi-fi, Z10 is able to connect/sync smoothly. All data sync well. It seems like Z10 can connect/sync only if accessing from external network. Connecting from external network with wi-fi enabled is also working fine.

We have created a new self-signed certificate that contains internal and external name of mail server, for example: internal.domain and external.domain. But still no luck. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by hendrie_susanto; 04-25-13 at 05:52 AM.
    04-25-13 05:15 AM
    Hi,

I'm having problem with our Z10 connecting/sync to Exchange 2010. The device is not able to connect/sync IF wi-fi is enabled to connect to internal network using static IP Address, which is the same segment as Exchange Server's IP Address. But when we disable wi-fi, Z10 is able to connect/sync smoothly. All data sync well. It seems like Z10 can connect/sync only if accessing from external network. Connecting from external network with wi-fi enabled is also working fine.

We have created a new self-signed certificate that contains internal and external name of mail server, for example: internal.domain and external.domain. But still no luck. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Problem solved. I replaced internal wi-fi using another one. Now, Z10 can sync smoothly using internal wi-fi.
    Thanks
    04-26-13 03:46 AM
67 123