If you are just after email then setting up using IMAP or POP3 would work if they allow that on your work servers.
    02-05-13 09:13 AM
    The it guy tried to set my phone up using IMAP, but again no success.

How come the iphone 3gs I had used for work up to now, was able to get connected? Does iphone need the ActiveSync too, or not?

Because if it does, then that would mean that ActiveSync is enabled... ???

Thanks
    02-06-13 07:27 AM
    If your iPhone sync'd your email, calendar and contacts with Exchange then yes, ActiveSync is more than likely enabled.

But it could also be provided by the like of Good Messaging if your IT guy said that ActiveSync is not enabled.
    02-06-13 07:32 AM
    No problems setting up Z10 with my Exchange via ActiveSync, even though I'm using a self-signed certificate.
    02-06-13 07:58 AM
    I am having a similar issue here. I have been able to connect my Playbook to my enterprise email via ActiveSync for quite a while now, but when doing it on my Z10 it gives me the message: "An administrative policy or server error is preventing your accont from being added". I asked my IT and they emailed me saying the company was not supporting BB10 at this time. I think they don't have BES10 installed yet, but I though the workaround would be using ActiveSync like I do in my Playbook.
    One other thing is that I kept my old plan with Telus that had an add-on of BES, so maybe that is the issue and I should change my plan to a more general one?
    02-06-13 08:42 AM
    You really cannot diagnose this kind of issue here.. Sounds like your IT guy isn't the mail guy .. Depending on platform setup etc there could be any number of things that will prevent it.. From unauthorised device, restricted ports, user enables, the list goes on.

If someone came our office and tried to connect it would fail because we want it to.. That's why BES is there to control and manage.

Frustrating for you but sounds like you are ahead of the game on your IT folks which isn't unusual
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-06-13 08:43 AM
    For those that were able to get it working properly can you give us step by step instructions?

I had it running on my 9900 and iphone but can't figure it out on the z10.
    02-06-13 09:30 AM
    For those that were able to get it working properly can you give us step by step instructions?

I had it running on my 9900 and iphone but can't figure it out on the z10.
    Adding an email account using advanced setup - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0

The manual has the information you need.
    02-06-13 09:36 AM
    I am having a similar issue here. I have been able to connect my Playbook to my enterprise email via ActiveSync for quite a while now, but when doing it on my Z10 it gives me the message: "An administrative policy or server error is preventing your accont from being added". I asked my IT and they emailed me saying the company was not supporting BB10 at this time. I think they don't have BES10 installed yet, but I though the workaround would be using ActiveSync like I do in my Playbook.
    One other thing is that I kept my old plan with Telus that had an add-on of BES, so maybe that is the issue and I should change my plan to a more general one?
    You also may be limited to only one activesync device at a time FYI
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-06-13 09:37 AM
    I dont know if this will help but remember when connecting to a mail server that you own ( ie is running exchange) use the /owa address or /exchange address without actually including anything after the first "/".

Then where it says Login and Domain -- this is your actual Active Directory domain.

So if you run an exchange server at https://mail.awesome.com/owa, the address would be https://mail.awesome.com. And at work to log on to the computer you use a Mike and it in Domain it says USERS, then in the device domain would equal USERS -- not awesome.com.

Let me know if it helps
    02-06-13 09:45 AM
    I'm trying to help out my co-worker with his new Z10 and our microsoft outlook email here at work. We are using exchange 2010. I have it working on my 9900 and when I log into my rogers BIS account. I have for the server setting https://mail.xxx.on.ca/owa/# , my user name and pass and this works fine. I understand that BB10 doesn't use BIS but you would think that just entering this information in the Z10 email setup that it would work. We have tried everything including the Activesync tap under email setup but we're doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Our IT guys here have no clue, in fact when they changed from exchange 2003 to 2010 I had to tell them how to get blackberry's working with the new server.
    02-06-13 09:46 AM
    Viper add me to BBM will be better so that I can get the actual info -- I hosted my own exchange server and its 2010 so I may provide some insight

PM sent with PIN
    zapbranagann likes this.
    02-06-13 09:56 AM
    From what our IT guy told me, we don't have BES... that's a different server add-on that we do not have, and since it's only another guy and I who are using BB, we are not going to add it.
    I got my VF micro-sim today with BIS on the package; card not activated yet - hope soon... let's see if I will be able to do anything via that... up to now we were trying via WiFi at the office...
    02-06-13 10:19 AM
    GUYS! I GOT CONNECTED!!!
    How did that happen? Simple... I turned off my iphone and turned it back to the admin, now that I have my BB fully working... well, when I turned my iphone off I got disconnected from the server, so it would allow me to get connected with my BB... I guess you cannot have 2 phones connected at the same time with the same username/email...

So in order for BB to connect, kill your iphone! hahah I DID IT WITH PLEASURE!!!

Hope that helps more people.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:38 AM
    you would think it would be something simple... especially if your email was working on OS6 and 7 already with BIS. Then you change to BB10 and it doesn't work. Even with the BIS settings that we had before. If this is such a big headache to get it working with Outlook Webmail I'll stick with my BB bold 9900 and BIS since it works with my work email.
    02-06-13 02:01 PM
    I have the same error "An administrative policy or server error is preventing your accont from being added" when connecting the Z10 to active sync. Then I used the same user account to setup an exchange activesync account on a BB Playbook and it works no problem using exactly the same information to connect. Any one has any clue on how to fix this on the Z10?

I called Rogers and after an hour or so on the phone they gave up and gave me BB phone number to call and I did. Then after talking to a guy he redirected my call to someone somewhere but that one has no one answered, just voice mail. So I left a voicemail and see if she calls back.
    Last edited by notclear; 02-06-13 at 03:31 PM.
    02-06-13 02:29 PM
    Well you would think if you had a good thing working before on BIS and then bring out a entirely new OS, that they would have made sure it would work with Outlook exchange just as easily as before. What's the point of having a Z10 for work if it's not going to work properly with your email, contacts, calendar etc. For me that would be a big turn off at buying a new phone unless they can make this work easily on BB10.
    02-06-13 02:38 PM
    Ok, will let him know that he has to do something about it.
    One question on that... I only want to receive emails and not sync contacts... do I get this option?
    You can choose in your account settings to sync any or all 3 email, contacts and calendar. ActiveSync can be disabled on the Exchange server either on a global basis or on an account by account basis. If ActiveSync is enabled on the Exchange server just have your IT guy check your account settings to make sure it is enabled.
    02-06-13 02:42 PM
    This shouldn't be necessary unless a policy has been created on the Exchange server to do this. They may be using the restrict or not allow unsupported mobile device option. I don't have access to our Exchange server at the moment to verify the exact setting or policy.
    02-06-13 02:46 PM
    meh I couldn't get it to work.

Those that are having problems you don't have to work for Loblaws do you? That is what I am trying to setup lol.
    02-06-13 03:23 PM
    I just checked my Exchange Active Sync Setting on the server. There are only three settings:

1. Non-provisionable device allowed - set to true

2. Device password required - set to false

3. Default - set to true
    02-06-13 03:29 PM
    Thanks in advance but would you explain how you accomplished this?
    02-06-13 05:01 PM
    I have been having a similar issue. For me the error is "Service for account ([email protected]) is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error Code: 403]"

Not sure if this is an upcoming feature or if I have the wrong setting.
    02-06-13 06:52 PM
    Thanks in advance but would you explain how you accomplished this?
    Like this:

1. In the console root of the Exchange Management Console, expand the Organization Configuration node.

2. In the result pane, click Client Access.

3. In the work pane, click the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy that you want to change.

4. In the action pane, click Properties.

5. In the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy properties window, configure the settings for the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy, and then click OK to accept your changes.
    02-07-13 08:14 AM
    I have the same error "An administrative policy or server error is preventing your accont from being added" when connecting the Z10 to active sync. Then I used the same user account to setup an exchange activesync account on a BB Playbook and it works no problem using exactly the same information to connect. Any one has any clue on how to fix this on the Z10?

I called Rogers and after an hour or so on the phone they gave up and gave me BB phone number to call and I did. Then after talking to a guy he redirected my call to someone somewhere but that one has no one answered, just voice mail. So I left a voicemail and see if she calls back.

I made it worked for now

We are running two exchange servers in parallel. One is server 2007 and the other is 2010. We are going to de-commissioned the server 2007. When connecting to the 2010 server, playbook works but not the Z10. However, when connecting to the server 2007, Z10 works as well.

So not sure whether Z10 is not compatible with server 2010 or not, or there is something else. But at least it is now working!
    02-07-13 08:49 AM
67 123