My Z10 started connecting fine with my car a Freelander 2 2011 and was making and receiving calls no problem, but after a short while it started to sync all normal, then connect than after 30 seconds on the dot, it drops the connection and wont reconnect until I do it manually then the same again, if I managed to make a call during the 30 seconds it would keep the contact but not anymore, then it will correct itself for a few days then revert back to disconnecting.

My previous BB 9860 Torch had similar issues with a different car

It wont even connect via Bluetooth to a BB Playbook a tablet made by the same company.

Why cant BB get what is a well established technology ie Bluetooth to work??, very dissapointing
    05-24-13 05:34 AM
    My immediate reaction is you have a hardware problem. I have two Z10s in my household. Both use Bluetooth extensively to connect with our cars, our PlayBooks and our headsets. Every connection is fast and solid. The point being, the the basic build of these devices and the OS--with respect to Bluetooth--is clearly fine. Your problem could be an issue with your Z10 or, high wattage radio interference in the 2.4 ghz band.
    05-24-13 05:45 AM
    Bluetooth software always seems to be a can of worms with many manufacturers failing to implement the standards correctly. I have seen several cases where software upgrade to one side or the other will make one setup work but it will also break another. On one occasion a software upgrade for a phone got a totally unresponsive handsfree to work perfectly, but the phone never made a BT connection to PC again.

What usually seems to happen is that one manufacturer (often in the auto industry) will test against a preferred mobile device, and add workarounds for bugs in the mobile implementation - but this causes other mobiles to fail. Otherwise the large automotive company has more muscle and tells the mobile device manufacturer to make the device work with the car's implementation of bluetooth, or be removed from preferred status. Either way a non-standard configuration arises. The other device manufacturers then responds by creating their own workarounds which break other client devices, so their manufacturers modify the software to adapt. And so on... in an endless chase of workarounds to correct workarounds.

The only thing I can suggest is to play different software combinations until you find one which works for all your equipment
    05-24-13 05:59 AM