So via TMo today, I was able to speak with BB Tier2 support regarding the reboots I have been experiencing.

I started formally collecting reboot data on 5/19, and as of this writing, I am on reboot # 13. there may be a few that I didn't catch,
    but it is consistently 2-3 per day.

I called Tmo on a land line and they punched it thru to BB. While I was on the phone with BB, the Z10 rebooted (thank god, I suppose).
    They had me go into the help icon, and with an e-mail and incident number forward a log to them right after it happened.
    They received the log while I was on the phone with them, and said that it did indeed "show what we have been consistently seeing with
    this issue". I asked that they could tell that from the log I just sent? They said "Yes", "without doubt."

I asked if they thought this was a carrier issue, or truly a phone OS issue. They said it's is not carrier specific, but within the OS/software.

They were very polite and forthcoming, which was somewhat refreshing.

They indicated that the developer team is working it, and they indicated to me that it IS a software issue. I'm not smart, or knowledgeable,
    enough with this device to know that, or not. No estimated fix time --- which I knew they would say.

So, given that a few select folks here claim that this is all "fake", BB does not agree with you.
    They openly acknowledged to me that this is a real problem, and they are working it. That may seem obvious to many of us,
    and myself, but, it is the first time I got that point blank from BB---the horse's mouth.

On a side note, the lady at TMo (Z10 support) said that everyone on their (Z10) team is experiencing the same thing, virtually without exception. Why do I bring this up? Those, such as myself, waiting for TMo 10.1, may be waiting a while. TMo is wanting to release 10.1 when the rebooting is fixed. My gut says that this will take BB to fix it first, THEN roll the fix to TMo, who will then carrier test it. How long is that? Dunno, but I don't see that being the case anytime in the very near future, as BB indicates THEY are still working the problem themselves on their end. I did ask if the Z10 TMo team is running 10.0.0.85, or the new 10.1. She indicated that a few are running the 10.1, she still had 10.0.0.85. now, couple that with the comment that the whole team is getting reboots, and let your mind do the walking.

This last paragraph is part conjecture on my part and I hope I am dead wrong.

Sorry if I am rehashing, or boring some, but this was all new to me---just thought I would share.
    gjcavana, niss63, h20work and 2 others like this.
    05-24-13 10:32 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I think this is the information alot of people were waiting to hear. And I also think if people are in fact getting reboots, they need to ALL contact support and report it. If BB dev receives thousands of tickets for reboots, fixes will come out quicker then if they only receive a few hundred reports of it. I have worked in software development/support for many years, and this is what happens. People may complain that it happens, but if they dont' report it, it won't be treated as a priority. Everyone needs to report this stuff so that they can see how severe this problem is. Luckily for me, I have not had any reboots, but if I do, I will definitely submitting a ticket with BB, regardless of knowing that they are already working on it. BB needs to know the severity of this issue, and how widespread it is. Don't assume that BB automatically knows how bad and widespread it is, just because you report it in a thread. Call BB, report the reboots.
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-24-13 10:41 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:20 PM
    I believe it is not nearly as widespread as it appears by looking at CrackBerry.
    05-24-13 12:25 PM
    Maybe not....but there are, certainly groups that are experiencing it fairly severely, as I heard this am

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:34 PM
    I believe it is not nearly as widespread as it appears by looking at CrackBerry.
    I believe it is much more widespread than it appears by looking at Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:34 PM
    Are you sure you were speaking with a blackberry representative, or was it Tmobiles tech support that deals with BlackBerry phones? Because there's a difference. I know that when you speak with rogers tier 2, it is a rogers employee that is trained to support blackberry, it is not a blackberry employee.

And if it was a software issue, wouldn't everyone with that software have the same issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:46 PM
    Mine just reboots while on the charger but still annoying. Good to hear they're trying to fix it at least. If it's not a hardware or carrier thing than it will be fixed.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-24-13 12:52 PM
    Not necessarly. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I work in the software dev/support industry, and I have worked for multiple companies, and just because 1 user is seeing a bug, doesn't mean all will. There are alot of factors that could cause this. Apps loaded, config settings, usage, carrier software...and alot of times, it's a combination of certain things that will cause it. If you don't have the same things on your device, you may not get the reboots. If it was every user....the issue would never have existed, as it would have been found during QA at BB.
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-24-13 01:06 PM
    Please read the results from the following Poll that Kevin did: CrackBerry Asks: Have you experienced random reboots on your BlackBerry Z10? | CrackBerry.com

3365 people replied to the poll. 2069 of the 3365 have indicated that they had reboots. That's over 61% of people reported reboots. That's a HUGE number. I know this is not a scientific poll, but when you have a percentage that high that has had reboots, I say that's a huge problem. And of the people who say it's only happened once or twice, they may not know that it is occuring at night time. The people who mentioned it happened at night have apps that tell them this. So for all they know, it's happening alot more at night time, but they've only witnessed it a couple times during the day. I'm one of the lucky ones who has not seen a reboot on my Z10 at all since getting it on Feb 5th. I honestly think if this many people are having the issues, then everyone needs to report this to BB, so they can see how widespread it is, and we'll get a fix for it sooner rather then later.
    05-24-13 01:17 PM

And if it was a software issue, wouldn't everyone with that software have the same issue?

Posted via CB10
    No, though I understand why you would think that way. A phone lives in a very complex environment (the carrier's wireless network) where things happen asynchronously at unpredictable times. Phones running the same software, booted at exactly the same time will start out running in the same state, but as soon as they connect to the cell network their states will begin to diverge. This would also explain the clustering in certain networks.

I'm speculating here: the length of time it is taking to get a fix is also an indication that it may be in the radio processor software or in the radio interface layer, which may require information exchange with the chip set producer.
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-24-13 01:19 PM
    It's always been advised to keep diagnostics turned off to save battery. I am wondering if it would be better to sacrifice some battery time in order to send this information to BlackBerry. Would turning diagnostics back on help in any way?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:38 PM
    And, would this count against my data plan or is this considered free?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:39 PM
    They received the log while I was on the phone with them, and said that it did indeed "show what we have been consistently seeing with
    this issue". I asked that they could tell that from the log I just sent? They said "Yes", "without doubt."

I asked if they thought this was a carrier issue, or truly a phone OS issue. They said it's is not carrier specific, but within the OS/software. [...]

They indicated that the developer team is working it, and they indicated to me that it IS a software issue. I'm not smart, or knowledgeable,
    enough with this device to know that, or not. No estimated fix time --- which I knew they would say.

So, given that a few select folks here claim that this is all "fake", BB does not agree with you.
    They openly acknowledged to me that this is a real problem, and they are working it. That may seem obvious to many of us,
    and myself, but, it is the first time I got that point blank from BB---the horse's mouth.

Yet when someone like me points this out, whether that's because I am sharing the fact that other people got exactly the same information from Blackberry, over 2 weeks ago, or because overwhelming evidence from other posters here and my own discussions with Blackberry support this, or based on quotes from your own conversation with T-Mobile over 1 week ago, we get vilified as "not being helpful" or for "grandstanding". (See quotes in post below)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/
    05-24-13 06:09 PM
    My Z10 has been good since 10.1. it would take more then a reboot for me to give up on BB.
    05-24-13 06:19 PM
    Are you sure you were speaking with a blackberry representative, or was it Tmobiles tech support that deals with BlackBerry phones? Because there's a difference. I know that when you speak with rogers tier 2, it is a rogers employee that is trained to support blackberry, it is not a blackberry employee.

Posted via CB10
    both... had to get to Tmo Z10 support, who opened the ticket and forwarded me to BB.
    05-25-13 08:51 AM