Hi Everyone,
    I still wish blackberry can be more aggressive with their marketing stratergies across all countries. They need to make people aware that security is foremost rather than just large HD screens and 8 core processors which r the main advertising points of competitiors. Samsung phones r sold on Televison sets even before they are put on the shelves of stores...... BB have to get under the thick but fragmented skins of Android devices and show to what extent these toys are lacking in security. I mean -u should get people thinking about how easily ur phones can be unlocked(accessed) using the secutiy flaws identified in the past few months by hackers. I personally think that this the appropriate time prior to the huge launch of S4.

I still love my BB. Awaiting my Z10 ..............

Please comment
    Last edited by divakar; 03-09-13 at 02:49 AM. Reason: unintentionally pressed enter key without finishing my views
    03-09-13 02:40 AM
    Not sure where you're u live.

If it's Canada I think you need to leave your house. Or turn on tv. Or go to a website with advertising. Or open a newspaper.....etc....
    03-09-13 02:44 AM
    I think thy are doing a very good job I haven't seen this many blackberry ads since their "Tools not Toys" campaign. This is definitely a much better effort for sure
    03-09-13 02:53 AM
    Hi . Thanks for your reply .

I live in Srilanka, where BB`s are not as popular as our beaches. I have been an extremist n loyalist of BB for the last 5 years. BB`s usually hit the local market very late in most cases when the prices drop ,however they are available from electronic stores mostly situated in the city " Colombo" Its only later that these phone are advertised by local carriers,even then they are very expensive. Due to this inconvenience,die hard fans like me, get our phones from overseas like- Dubai, Singapore and India through small retailers n people travelling abroad on business.
    Regret to say we in colombo dont have access to canadian media. Since i am a frequent traveler to India ,which by the way in a few years has the potential to over take the US market as the most no. of smartphone users , I have to say that hardly anyone is talking about the new phone or the launch. Needless to say that today the Managing Director of Blackberry India has resigned which couldnt have come at a worse time when the platform is trying to gain some traction in the market. All this so negative and unwanted publicity .
    03-09-13 03:06 AM
    Not sure where you're u live.

If it's Canada I think you need to leave your house. Or turn on tv. Or go to a website with advertising. Or open a newspaper.....etc....
    It's true. I just watched a movie, and there were three commercials or promos for the Z10. First was that gadget guy from the Source showing off the Z10, then it was a Bell commercial, then a Rogers commercial.
    divakar likes this.
    03-09-13 03:10 AM
    3 ads in the Globe and Mail yesterday from Rogers and BB plus, a featured article with Alicia Keys that also obviously mentioned BB.
    BB marketing not good enough-img_00000334.png
    BB marketing not good enough-img_00000335.png
    BB marketing not good enough-img_00000336.png
    BB marketing not good enough-img_00000337.png

Posted using the CrackBerry App on BlackBerry 10.
    divakar and walcolm like this.
    03-09-13 03:25 AM
    Thanks Blaze, it was quite overwhelming . Tools always rule over toys...... cheers
    03-09-13 03:40 AM
    I thought that I would chime in on this thread, as I do see Blackberry marketing the Z10 very effectively where I am in Toronto. First of all, there are a lot of radio adds, TV adds and I do see the Z10 banner in strategic locations in malls and store like Best Buy, Future Shop, etc.. I have also seen the famous Z10 van in the streets.

Just one day last week at my company, Blackberry actually had a Z10 display booth and some reps set up for a day. They had about 4 fully functional Z10 devices and had reps displaying them and showing off the new features to some of the employees at my company. The employees response was largely positive. I have heard from friends at other companies that they have had the Blackberry Z10 booth as well.

Another case was last night, I went to the movies. After it was over and I was leaving the cinema, in the main lobby I noticed a Blackberry Z10 display booth and 2 reps with working Z10 devices. Just as a test, I played dumb and pretended that I did not know anything about the Z10.

Both ladies there were quite enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about the phone. They showed me the main features, the hub, the peek and flow, and demonstrated a live BBM voice call between themselves. I had not yet used the timeshift feature on my Z10 camera, so I asked them about it, so one of them took a picture and showed me how it worked. They also knew about the predictive keyboard and demonstrated how fast the browser was.

My impression was that the booth reps that Blackberry have were well trained, had obviously been using the Z10 and were very knowledgeable, as they answered a lot of questions that people had. They were also aware of the big apps that were going to be available later on this month.

So for me, I do see the Blackberry Z10 marketing in play in Toronto where I am based. I can't really speak for other regions, but I do see it very effective where I am. I have had friends that are on IPhone and Samsung Galaxy 3 asking me about the new Z10, so I do think it is reaching those people as well.
    Last edited by web99; 03-10-13 at 12:41 PM.
    03-10-13 12:26 PM
    I agree with Divakar, that the BlackBerry ads could make mention of BlackBerry security. It wasn't beneath Samsung to tout their security in a recent ad, and isn't that a joke.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:48 PM
    To be honest the television advertisements by the wireless carriers in Canada have never mentioned technical aspects but focus on the social and lifestyle aspects of the people portrayed in them. The Bell ad is probably the best in terms of blending a technical feature (network coverage) and lifestyle (personal relationships).

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-10-13 01:12 PM
    If you start making adverts "We've got the best security, no one can hack Us" isn't that like a challenge to the hackers and they would start hacking blackberry just because they've been told they can't

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:14 PM
    I see lots of z10 ads in the US when I'm online browsing my 9900. Seen a few on my computer too.
    03-10-13 01:16 PM
    Here in the UK is also everywhere : bus stops, train stations, newspapers, etc

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:08 PM
    Blackberry is doing poor marketing in the states from what I can see. Because I don't see commercials, ads, nothing. They should start since the phone will be out in 2 weeks.
    03-10-13 03:16 PM
    I have a professional connection to the advertising world.

Aside from all the point of sale, billboard and newspaper ads we are seeing around the world the big time TV ads will come with the launch in the US.

Look for some exciting spots to come from BB's ad agency AMV-BBDO, same ad agency that created the Super Bowl ad. These creatives at BBDO are some of the best in the world.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:27 PM
    No ads nowhere. Even in Frankfurt, the banking capital of Germany, I have not seen a single ad although the Z10 is already available. It's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:29 PM
    Blackberry is doing poor marketing in the states from what I can see. Because I don't see commercials, ads, nothing. They should start since the phone will be out in 2 weeks.
    ErinnM, let's give BlackBerry's marketing team some credit, they pulled off a pretty sweet last minute Super Bowl ad, and don't be surprised to see a massive ad campaign to launch with the Z10 in the US.

I'm not the most tech savvy of members here at crackberry, but the one thing I do know well is who is planning big budget ad campaigns in Canada and the US.

I think those of us who are devoted BlackBerry users will be very proud.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-10-13 03:35 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I still wish blackberry can be more aggressive with their marketing stratergies across all countries. They need to make people aware that security is foremost rather than just large HD screens and 8 core processors which r the main advertising points of competitiors. Samsung phones r sold on Televison sets even before they are put on the shelves of stores...... BB have to get under the thick but fragmented skins of Android devices and show to what extent these toys are lacking in security. I mean -u should get people thinking about how easily ur phones can be unlocked(accessed) using the secutiy flaws identified in the past few months by hackers. I personally think that this the appropriate time prior to the huge launch of S4.

I still love my BB. Awaiting my Z10 ..............

Please comment
    Thanks Blaze, it was quite overwhelming . Tools always rule over toys...... cheers
    At least you were honest enough to describe yourself as an extremist rather than a realist.
    BBs security has been the best in the business for years, hasn't stopped mindshare and marketshare bleed.
    Pushing security now would be silly when security on BB10 for consumers is a step down from BB7.

BB are trying to focus on the BB10 experience being at least equal to competitors, that's what they need to do to start with, get people to give them a chance.

The tools not toys line means automatic fail and fanboy labelling machang, glad you're not doing the ads!
    03-10-13 03:42 PM
    BB is doing a very good job marketing. Nothing works better than getting a working device in peoples' hands (what Apple did with the Apple Stores and the iPhone 3G launch) and BB has been doing that very well. Almost every store or kiosk that sells mobiles that I've seen has a working Z10 demo model. They couldn't be doing anything better.

On top of that, because they launched at this time of year, and there are no other flagship devices, the vast majority of carrier advertising is going to the Z10. The only phone everyone is aware of right now is the Z10. That's very good marketing.

It's successful too. Every carrier that has weighed in is very happy with Z10 activations, and every store that has weighed in is selling more Z10s than any single other device, including the iPhone 5 and S3.

There's really nothing else BB could be doing short of getting people on the streets demoing the Z10, and with sales exceeding expectations, there isn't much reason for that.
    wilderr likes this.
    03-10-13 03:54 PM
    If you start making adverts "We've got the best security, no one can hack Us" isn't that like a challenge to the hackers and they would start hacking blackberry just because they've been told they can't

Posted via CB10
    Except BB is solidly locked down, and hadn't been hacked when it had more than 50% marketshare. They get security right.
    03-10-13 03:57 PM
    Except BB is solidly locked down, and hadn't been hacked when it had more than 50% marketshare. They get security right.
    Ah but this is BB10, not BB7. It's a new company, new OS, and all that jazz.
    03-10-13 04:29 PM