SO overall I really enjoy my Z10. But for some reason when driving using BB Maps, the phone reboots itself! Beyond frustrating when you are on a highway!!! This has happened twice (both times I have used it in the last month). Once the phone was charging and the other not.

I thought it was due to it charging (first reboot occurred while charging in the car) since when I turn off the phone at night to charge it in the wall with the stock wall charger, after 20 minutes or so, it turns itself on and continues to charge. My friend who has a Q10 with Rogers and the same software says the exact same thing happens to him.

I am on Rogers and using the latest version of 10.1.0.273

The phone works fine other than that and with the exception of one time when the phone froze while typing, and rebooted, it does not reboot randomly.

While I am here, does anyone else ever experience when they tap an unread email, instead of it opening the email, the screen looks like it will open it and instead the email suddenly is marked read? Happens occassionally and no I am not selecting the "mark as read" option.

Thanks.
    07-20-13 11:34 AM
    Hi and welcome to CraclBerrY!
    Is that the official OS from your carrier? Does that one stop the reboots? I thought the version number had to be higher?
    If you can, the BBMaps freezing part and reboot has to do with the OS. I have never experienced that with BBMaps at all. but I did used to get reboots twice a day...
    Can you load a higher version of 10.1...like 4543? I am on that and have no problems!!!
    07-21-13 07:06 AM
    SO overall I really enjoy my Z10. But for some reason when driving using BB Maps, the phone reboots itself! Beyond frustrating when you are on a highway!!! This has happened twice (both times I have used it in the last month). Once the phone was charging and the other not.

I thought it was due to it charging (first reboot occurred while charging in the car) since when I turn off the phone at night to charge it in the wall with the stock wall charger, after 20 minutes or so, it turns itself on and continues to charge. My friend who has a Q10 with Rogers and the same software says the exact same thing happens to him.

I am on Rogers and using the latest version of 10.1.0.273

The phone works fine other than that and with the exception of one time when the phone froze while typing, and rebooted, it does not reboot randomly.

While I am here, does anyone else ever experience when they tap an unread email, instead of it opening the email, the screen looks like it will open it and instead the email suddenly is marked read? Happens occassionally and no I am not selecting the "mark as read" option.

Thanks.
    10.1.0.273 doesn't fix reboots as I used that official OS from Telus since the original 10.0 when I bought my phone back in Feb. In June...Telus released their latest update to 10.1.0.2014 which completely FIXED random reboots on all our Z10s. Mine, my wife's and mother in law's.

And yes...10.1.0.273 also froze as you described when I was typing an email and some times while heavy surfing. When that happened, the phone rebooted.

You can either wait for Rogers to release their new update equal or higher than 10.1.0.2014 or...you can install a leaked OS. There are countless threads/post topics on how to install a leaked OS and how it eliminated the infamous Random Reboot Issue.

via CB10 (Z10 on Telusmobility)
    07-21-13 07:17 AM
    Yeah, I'm on Rogers just like you and on the same OS. BlackBerry Maps does the same thing every 10 minutes - twice on hwy 401. Thank goodness you posted this cause I thought it was hardware on my phone. I guess I'll have to wait on the OS update from Rogers. My phone has BlackBerry Balance since its a work phone and if I install the leak I'll have to wipe it; I don't think that IT will like that. Guess I'll just have to wait. On my wife's z10 and my buddy's, I installed the 2354 leak with the 1881 radio (recommended by CB members) and her phone is solid.
    Note that I've been using Mireo and love it. It doesn't reboot at all and love the off-line maps. It's a paid alternative but a great one.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-21-13 07:43 AM
    Thanks everyone. Good to hear that it is the version I am running. I did install a leaked version a while back( can't remember which version of 10.1) but the battery life became very poor. And I was missing apps from BlackBerry World.

2 questions:

1) If you install a leak and then Rogers comes up with a newer official version, how do you do the update and can you?

2) Any problems with the leaked version mentioned above i.e. battery life or anything life?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:53 PM