BB Maps - odd route choice (in NW London)
When I use BB Maps it picks some really odd routes and takes me through the back streets rather than dual carriageways (freeways/highways - basically faster roads where the limit is 50-70mph). This is annoying -and means that 20 minute journeys take close to 45 mins.
For any of you that know the area, when I go from St Johns Wood to Wembley it takes me via Kilburn High St. rather than the A406...
Route preference is set to Fastest.
Is anyone else having this issue (in London or elsewhere)?
It did but this was a Sunday afternoon and the N Circular was fine. I even took it on the way back (overriding the sat nav) but it navigated me to come off at the next junction and went on the inside roads again.
And on traffic awareness, the ETA shown is always completely off how long it will tkae in reality - so not convinced that this works. Although it does colour roads in red/yellow/green...
- 03-17-13, 04:11 PM #4
I've tried it once of twice TBH as I have in built sat navigation in the car with the latest maps. I did however try it on a trip to Birmingham and had very good results. Both were running at the same time and came up with the same route.
What concerned me was the amount of data used.
Posted via CB10
- 03-17-13, 04:58 PM #6
A lot. I zapped through the my 2GB allowance in the first few days. As I normally use WiFi the only thing I could attribute it to was BlackBerry maps. I've now had to increase my allowance.
- By jxf11 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-26-09, 09:38 AM
- By Elk666 in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-09, 08:08 AM
- By Elk666 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-09, 06:12 PM
- By rightcoastsurf in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 14Last Post: 11-22-08, 07:24 AM
- By scywin in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-20-08, 03:41 PM