I currently own a 9810 and a 9900 which are my fifth and sixth RIM devices as well as the PB. I always thought that my loyalty to RIM devices could never be shaken until now. Having seen review videos, I am so tempted to try Android. Please talk me down.
    05-17-12 10:08 AM
    do what you please
    i tried android, its not all it seems to be

we do not know enough of BB10 to make a good statement.
    05-17-12 10:12 AM
    Come down off the ledge or you'll die.

Did that help? If you want to try it nothing wrong with that. Who knows you may love it or hate it and come back.
    Griffin2012 and lucky--lad like this.
    05-17-12 10:12 AM
    With no experience with Android devices, I am a little concerned with the pain of transition as the user interfaces appear so different. As anyone who has posted CB long enough, I have been a very loyal RIM advocate.
    05-17-12 10:19 AM
    do what you please
    i tried android, its not all it seems to be

we do not know enough of BB10 to make a good statement.
    What specifically turned you off Android devices?
    05-17-12 10:21 AM
    Android is very complicated it feels like a chinese make...hahahaha battery runs down very quick.where as bb any1 can use it age 6 or 66 dm.
    lucky--lad likes this.
    05-17-12 10:24 AM
    And quadcore processor will tend to do that. The UI does look a bit intimidating but the speed and flexibility based upon my limited experience is appealing.
    05-17-12 10:31 AM
    If you don't already have one, this is a question for a dominatrix
    olliegrl likes this.
    05-17-12 11:48 AM
    All I can say is watch the session videos

and app will always have lag on android because they are java
    05-17-12 12:35 PM
    Apps don't lag...they crash.

My suggestion is to get the sgs3. It will be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ng time before the london comes out...assuming it does come out.
    05-17-12 05:24 PM
    Depends on who you ask, and the person's ability/need to change. I tried out Android and haven't returned, but still recommend BBs to this day. Depends on your needs.

I needed a work tool that doubled as a networking machine with cloud services. Android fit the bill at the type. I was able to overcome my disdain for virtual keyboards long enough to try typing using an atypical keyboard, and as soon as I figured that out, I was pretty much set.

Give it a try. It's reilient OS, and the ecosystem is pretty nice. If you don't like it, come back. Choice is good.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-17-12 05:31 PM
    Personally I wouldn't make this kind of decision until October.

I needed a new phone, so I grabbed a 9860 (at a remarkable deal) just to get use to not having physical keys which is my BIGGEST gripe with phones today.

Once the S III, iPhone 5 and 'London' are on the market, I will sit down and revisit.
    05-18-12 08:16 AM
    It would appear that we have time until the S3 or i5 drop. My other concern is the ability to use my PB if I no longer have my 9810, specifically the native email. Is everything tied to my BlackBerry account? Can I keep it even though I would no longer be using my 9810?
    05-18-12 10:30 AM
    Sure you can use the native email. Just not the @bb account.
    05-18-12 11:27 AM
  15. Master_of_Karate_and_Friendship's Avatar
    I currently own a 9810 and a 9900 which are my fifth and sixth RIM devices as well as the PB. I always thought that my loyalty to RIM devices could never be shaken until now. Having seen review videos, I am so tempted to try Android. Please talk me down.
    I'd say try Android for now. Just make sure it is one of the top notch ones. I had a Motorola Razr for 1 week and despite all of the hype around it, kept going back to my 9900(which I treated to a new housing for cheating on it). But at the end of it all, it is all about what fits your needs, so try the SGIII but MAKE SURE YOU TRY THE BB10 PHONES too.
    05-18-12 11:34 AM
    Can I still update and buy apps and games from BB Apple World?
    05-18-12 02:48 PM
    Sure lots of people have one and no bb.
    05-18-12 02:55 PM
    I tried the galaxy s 2 for about a month last year. At first it was great! Big large beautiful screen, great web browser, and a camera leagues ahead of my 9930. The draw back was the battery died halfway through the day with wimax on. And barely would make a work day with it off. Also if I turned it to its side to type it would sometime hang for a few seconds before it would rotate. Many apps would also hang only after a month. So android in my opinion is still in the beta that they were when they were launched. Buggy, slow, and terrible battery life.

Just my. 02
    05-23-12 05:35 AM
    I am going to grab the London. I have never owned a fullscreen touch but that new keyboard looks amazing
    05-23-12 09:46 PM
    Let me try...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFkKmMtfpDQ&feature=related[/YT]

Seriously though, buy what you want. If you want to try a new OS, don't let a bunch of folks on the internet tell you what to do. Worst case is you don't like it and then you'd have to switch back to your BlackBerry. And even in worst case, you TRIED and may even learn something new! There's no harm in that

Best case, you may find a device/OS that suits you better than you thought - Who knows?
    05-23-12 10:20 PM
    I am kind of in the same boat. I'm still using a torch 9800 that I bought the day it was released. I am now eligible for an upgrade and not sure what to do. I'm thinking very hard about a galaxy s3 or i5. Or possibly a new bb but I feel like they have gotten so far behind that I want to try something else. I have had an android tablet with honeycomb and it was very buggy. So that somewhat turned me off android. But now ics is coming out so I'm leaning that way. I really like my new iPad though.... What to do...
    05-28-12 09:21 PM
    The more that I watch SG3 review and comparison videos on phonearena and the review video on Android authority, the more attractive the SG3. Android allows more device customization than my bb and multi-tasks very well. The large screen eliminates my issue with virtual keyboard. Not certain about the messaging side which contributes to my indecisiveness. The build quality of my bb is another issue that makes me think about staying with RIM.
    CygnusX-1 likes this.
    05-29-12 03:33 PM
    If you can handle being Google's product, get the SIII. I'll be eligible for an upgrade at about the time the new phones come out, so... But one thing I can't stomach is being a product. I've enjoyed my time with RIM, so I'll probably stick with it.
    05-30-12 08:09 PM
    just get the sg3.

But be warned. Keyboards suck and typing is a nightmare for me compared to my experiences on my bold. U can download keyboards...but they could potentially steal your passwords. For this reason, using my sg2 is a headache.
    06-03-12 05:05 PM
    Sorry, this may have been answered somewhere else, but do we have any idea when the London is being released? Specifically for Verizon? Thanks.
    06-06-12 07:39 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD