if you wait for blackbbery 10 their is treat for you
    10-26-12 08:22 AM
    Andriod's fragmentation will be one of it's downfalls. I have a Atrix 4G and am stuck on gingerbread with no hope for an official update from Motorola. Really excited about bb10 quite certain that it will be my next phone.
    10-30-12 12:13 PM
    The S3 that we got is crap. A great phone, but having a dual core instead of a quad core is just a step behind. If the S3 Alpha was coming out right now I would think about it! I am getting tired of waiting on hopes and prayers for a new Blackberry to come out... and I am worried that they are going to stick a dual core in the phones. If they do, I am gone. Yes I might get roasted for it being an "experience" thing... but I have been on to many blind dates where I have been told the girl has a nice personality.

For Android, you have to stick to one of the major players or the Nexus line of phones. The S3 has enough people that they will continue to make improvements, but in the same way that we use hybrids here... there are some AMAZING builds in the Android market that are outside of the manufactures builds.

In the end do what you want... I think if you go with an S3 now, you are just buying a year old phone with new ones coming out. Even the LG that was just announced is a better phone.

Come on Blackberry.... my patience in waning.....
    10-30-12 01:38 PM
    This thread was from last May. The OP has already got the GS3. Show's over, folks.
    10-31-12 12:44 AM
    I Jumped! Seems it OK,.. I didn't die. LOL! But oh MY,.. its not a Blackberry. I only purchased the S3 because my 9850 went bad. I will be owning a BB10 as soon as they hit release. I can't beleive how limited Android and iOS are. Im one who tweaks and sets the device just how I like it and want it. Blackberry breaks all bouberies when it comes to conforming to what I need and want in a personal device and work device. S3 is nice, but not Blackberry by a longshot!!!
    11-01-12 08:51 AM
    I can't beleive how limited Android and iOS are. Im one who tweaks and sets the device just how I like it and want it.
    Proof that perception varies, and choice is good.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 11-16-12 at 01:56 PM.
    11-01-12 09:08 AM
    Just try it. I already taste many platforms, Android (still have it until now, both smartphone and tablet, from 1.7 to 4.1), IOS (iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4; iPod Touch 3rd and 4th; iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3), symbian (E50, 51, 71, 72, 90, 9300, 9300i), WinMo (Xperia 1, Xperia 2, Nokia 800), Blackberry (4.5, 5, 6, 7, BB10) and Playbook.

From those I've been mentioned above, I choose Blackberry as the first gadget in my pocket. I cannot left it even for a second. It's so personal, so intimate to me. Especially for BB10. This is the real smartphone ever exist. Fit with my daily activity needs. No matter how others say that S3 is great, iPhone 5 is excelent, but still Blackberry is suitable for me.
    11-02-12 12:11 AM
    The S3 that we got is crap. A great phone, but having a dual core instead of a quad core is just a step behind. If the S3 Alpha was coming out right now I would think about it! I am getting tired of waiting on hopes and prayers for a new Blackberry to come out... and I am worried that they are going to stick a dual core in the phones. If they do, I am gone. Yes I might get roasted for it being an "experience" thing... but I have been on to many blind dates where I have been told the girl has a nice personality.

For Android, you have to stick to one of the major players or the Nexus line of phones. The S3 has enough people that they will continue to make improvements, but in the same way that we use hybrids here... there are some AMAZING builds in the Android market that are outside of the manufactures builds.

In the end do what you want... I think if you go with an S3 now, you are just buying a year old phone with new ones coming out. Even the LG that was just announced is a better phone.

Come on Blackberry.... my patience in waning.....
    Though BB10 is stick at dual core (probably London EU is still), you can find that Dual Core is still suitable for BB10. If your needs can be fullfilled by Dual Core smartphone, why you should by a quad core? If Dual Core smartphone can match quad core smartphone, why shall we buy the highest price?

Some of us need higher spec to support their work and daily life, but many of us still can be compromised with the lower one.

I just expect that BB10 price is not so high and can be bought by many customers, including me. Truly, I'm so objected if BB10 will be sold around USD 700. But if RIM can release BB10, especially London within USD 500 - 600, then it's worth to buy ASAP.
    11-02-12 12:22 AM
    I'm currently using my wife's (old) HTC Desire HD - and am surprised to say that for the most part, I'm enjoying it. I'd only planned to use it for this month (wanted access to the Movember App), but I just may hang in there a little bit longer until BB10 gets here so I can make a proper comparison. The battery life is $#!thouse, but at the very least it's rekindled my interest in a full touchscreen device. I'll also be interested to see if there's an increase in data consumption without the BB compression at the end of the month. To the OP, I'd say give it a go if you're interested, and then you'll be able to make a decision based on your own experience with the OS/device combo. Don't get me wrong - I'm Blackberry all the way, and hope that BB10 blows everyone away, but I also think perspective is a good thing. Keeps this (admittedly low level) fanboy grounded...
    11-16-12 03:57 AM
    Some of us need higher spec to support their work and daily life, but many of us still can be compromised with the lower one.
    I honestly don't buy that anyone actually needs a quad core processor in their phone. There's a very few applications where a quad core shows improvement, but that's almost exclusively limited to benchmarks and really small-audience emulators, like Bochs and qEmu and thats definitely not anyone's daily activities. Practically no games and apps are built needing a quad core because that hideously limits their market. Multi-tasking is more dependent on RAM than CPU, graphics is more dependent on the graphics part of SoC. Just... there are no applications that you need all day every day that demand that kind of power.
    11-16-12 06:25 AM
    Android is nice, but fragmented. IF you were to get an android phone, get a NEXUS. Nexus phones get 100% pure android, for years and no waiting. The SIII has to have Samsung put out the os, and that is why the SIII is taking time to get Jellybean. I have a photon 4g through Craigslist, nice phone, but Motorola/Google screwed photon owners and now I have a locked boot loader and stuck on gingerbread 2.3.5. Its fine, but I went over to android from ios as I was sick of apple, but android is ok. It is a great os, but google won't lock their os down and make it standard, thus you get so many flavors.

Do this: go to Craigslist and get a nexus phone, somewhat cheap and try out jellybean. Run it for a bit and then you will not have to up your contract and then when BB 10 comes out, look at that. I do Craigslist all the time, drives my wife crazy, and I change phones constantly due to buying it second hand.
    11-16-12 01:52 PM
    If you want full customization, I would suggest rooting your phone and installing a custom AOSP based rom. Plenty of options that should satisfy your needs.

Hoping BB10 will be worth the wait. I've been saving my contract renewal for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    11-27-12 06:26 AM
    If you're the average consumer, the Galaxy will suffice.

Let's play devil's advocate here, and here are some reasons why I might not get the London:
    London will likely cost more-- carriers want to cash in on early adopters like they did with the PlayBook or with any device. Purely a conjecture: $199 with contract. We have seen from the PlayBook fiasco that RIM has little sympathy for early adopters.
    SGIII has been around for quite some time, and with promotions prices will always be around $0.00 to $159.99 in Canada at least

The London will likely have bugs.
    SGIII has been around for some time, so bugs will have been worked out.

We have no information about the camera, battery life span, etc.
    Some of the features like the "Work" and "Personal" option features will not appeal to the consumer, he/she will be indifferent to it unless they have IT people with the RIM business solutions implemented.

BlackBerry World has yet to prove/redeem itself after its rebranding and new direction.
    An ecosystem with more stuff on Android.
    12-02-12 06:05 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD