Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB London coming out March in France?

My girlfriend has a friend on Facebook who works for some telco company in France and one of his feeds popped with an Instagram pic with a London in his hand with a tag #March. I dont know if that is meant to be secret or not but he definitely made it public on Instagram.

BB London coming out March in France?-capture-d-e-cran-2012-12-17-10.15.02-pm.jpg
    CrackBerry Addict

If he works for a French telco, why is he writing in English ?

Si.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Re: BB London coming out March in France?

Actually I should correct the title. He is French but he works in Jordan
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 11pts View Post
    My girlfriend has a friend on Facebook who works for some telco company in France and one of his feeds popped with an Instagram pic with a London in his hand with a tag #March. I dont know if that is meant to be secret or not but he definitely made it public on Instagram.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2012-12-17 à 10.15.02 PM.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	128547
    Something odd about that pic. Blow up the image and look at the top of the screen on the phone, black tall block letters , can anybody read that???
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,901 Global Posts

^ How can Anybody read that with all those fingerprints?
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry User

Well since the guy doesn't really hide his name in his instagram profile, I googled him, looks like he works for Orange (French carrier) in Jordan, so it seems legit.
    Even if as far as I know, no french carriers have announced a release date for BB10 devices.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilfournier View Post
    Well since the guy doesn't really hide his name in his instagram profile, I googled him, looks like he works for Orange (French carrier) in Jordan, so it seems legit.
    Even if as far as I know, no french carriers have announced a release date for BB10 devices.
    It is also very possible that Jordan would be a second or third wave in the launch.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

I don't think Jordan will be in the first wave of releases. First wave should be USA, Canda, UK, Brazil, Venezuela, China, India ... only the BIG markets...
    iPhone 5 32GB Black Verizon
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by atrpm View Post
    I don't think Jordan will be in the first wave of releases. First wave should be USA, Canda, UK, Brazil, Venezuela, China, India ... only the BIG markets...
    Out of those I think the USA will lag behind due to slack carriers, China always lags behind due to the additional certification and language issues to deal with, Latam countries often seem to lag a little bit due to carrier testing. Out of the asian carriers, we probably shouldn't overlook somewhere like Indonesia or Malaysia being pretty early as blackberry has a big presence there.

I think the first wave will be Canada and UK, both english speaking so no chance of localisation with reasonably quick carrier testing along with at least some of the ones getting a launch event like the UAE or South Africa and then potentially some other european countries like France or Germany.

Realistically, wave 1, 2 etc is probably going to be a very fluid situation anyway as they will want to ramp things up everywhere as quickly as possible as far as shipments allow.
    CrackBerry User

Well, I remember reading that they where working on a worldwide launch, and since they have scheduled a launch event in Paris, I hope France will be in the first wave, if there are waves. And since Canada is also french speaking, I guess it's realistic to hope for it to happen.
    CrackBerry User

Well, I remember reading that they where working on a worldwide launch, and since they have scheduled a launch event in Paris, I hope France will be in the first wave, if there are waves. And since Canada is also french speaking, I guess it's realistic to hope for it to happen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Do you know (anybody) when is going to be released on Mexico???
    My contract expires on January and I am going to renwe until BB10 is available
    White Z10 | STL 100-3 Official: 10.2.1.537 aka 10.2.1.1925 | Telcel
    Previous OS Leak:10.2.1.1055 aka 10.2.1.176
    64GB PlayBook BB Lover
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts

RIM has said both South Africa and Indonesia will be in the first wave of countries offering BB10. North America and UK for sure. I would guess Brazil given all the Jams they've had down there but who knows.