It has to be thus far the poorest design and weakest of the entire BB10 platform.

Like any other restore, I should have the ability (like we did in the previous DM) to restore ONLY what I want to, with the exception of certain things that should not be restored, like Activesync accounts.

Here's my gripe -

1) I wipe the device due to issues, and I have already had this happen.
    2) I now want to reload only select data, like Password Keeper, but can't, because the restore options only allow for 3 different options, with none of them allowing me to select ONLY what I want, which in my case, is Password Keeper. If I want that, I have to restore ALL the device data, which clearly, isn't what I want to do.

Any PC/ Server backup software allows selective restore down to the file...but no, they have to do it their way...

I'm not impressed.

Lastly, why does BB Link not do full device backup and restore via Bluetooth or WiFi? Apple has had this for years.

Instead, they give me some useless WiFi drive connectivity, which from time to time, won't allow the device to power off without pulling the battery...

BB Link is an epic failure in my opinion...a truly poor link in the product suite.
    02-23-13 05:55 PM
    BB Link is appalling. Failed to install correctly on a Windows 8 PC. Won't uninstall properly either. Worst piece of software I've seen in a long while and once the news gets around as to how bad it is it will put a lot of people off returning to BlackBerry or coming to BlackBerry as a first time user.

BB Link will open on my PC but that's it. I can't really do much with it. 118MB of garbage!
    02-23-13 06:55 PM
    BB Link is appalling. Failed to install correctly on a Windows 8 PC. Won't uninstall properly either. Worst piece of software I've seen in a long while and once the news gets around as to how bad it is it will put a lot of people off returning to BlackBerry or coming to BlackBerry as a first time user.

BB Link will open on my PC but that's it. I can't really do much with it. 118MB of garbage!
    in my PC BB Link is 132MB . .
    02-23-13 06:57 PM
    Yes, I completely forgot about that. I installed it...and set it for auto-load when Windows boots. When Windows (7) loads, it hangs on loading BB LInk sometimes....and it can hang with the BB Link logo showing until i blow it away with Task manager. Last night, my PC took 20 minutes to shutdown - because of BB Link. It usually takes a few seconds. My BB...when rebooted it while it was connected through WiFi to BB Junk...would NOT reboot. I had to resort to a battery pull. It's also a totally useless piece of sh!t. It does nothing for the user except take up space on the drive.
    02-23-13 07:00 PM
    After I rebuild my windows 8 laptop the software worked but it still does only partial of what I expect ut to do

Posted via CB10
    in my PC BB Link is 132MB . .
    First version was 117MB for me. An update a couple of days ago was 118MB and ruined whatever functionality I had before! In UK on O2 but not sure if that makes any difference.

I think the Z10 is a great device but BB Link is a disaster.
    BlackBerry Link of is a horrible piece of software. They focused heavily on media sync

However I think password keeper is integrated with blackberry id. It loaded all my passwords when I signed in

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:05 PM
    ?????????????????? Really??????????? Are you sure?????????
    02-23-13 07:07 PM
    The functionality of device backup and restore should have been incorporated into BlackBerry Protect including selective backup and selective restore. The stand alone application called BlackBerry Link never needed to see the light of day.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-23-13 10:36 PM
    Um I highly doubt that. Password Keeper is not a native app and doesn't use/require your BlackBerry ID. Not on Z10 anyway.
    02-27-13 09:38 PM
    Just discovered this thread... I echo my sentiments. Link is BAD!!!

With every OS upgrade (I've done two so far), I cannot use restore ... because "restore" does restore my full environment but with a flaw. It somehow enters some "registry setting" that corrupts an Android sideloaded application that I use.

The only way I've succeeded in bringing back Password Keeper is to use my old 9800 to upgrade ... and that's the only way it brings back my Restore without corrupting that Android app.

This is very annoying ... as I can't keep doing that.

BlackBerry .... please fix Link to selectively restore!
    04-22-13 04:09 PM