I really wish they could have incorporated one of the useful and user friendly features of BB Desktop manager i.e. APPLICATIONS which was good for managing ones applications. I find the BB link a bit fancy and not very straightforward.
    04-01-13 01:02 PM
    I really wish they could have incorporated one of the useful and user friendly features of BB Desktop manager i.e. APPLICATIONS which was good for managing ones applications. I find the BB link a bit fancy and not very straightforward.
    I kinda agree. That being said, once I played with link a little bit, it works OK, just a little different. I'm OK with it. I am starting anther thread along the same lines... I do miss something in link---or maybe I haven't found it yet.
    04-01-13 01:21 PM
    I don't care who jumps on me(seen it a lot in other threads)...but IMO Link is the worst software I have ever seen developed by such a large company. I love my BlackBerry's and my Z10...but link is a joke. Two hours to back up my phone than three hours to restore it from a wipe? Come on...that's insane. it's is slow and lags like crazy. I know how childish this sounds but if I was Heins and seen this pos I'd fire the entire group that worked on it and hire some high schoolers or something.

I don't mean to make this sound like I'm a troll because I love BlackBerry...but this piece of software drives me crazy. And don't say just give them time...I already gave six hours on one phone wipe...that's too much of my time they have already. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:50 PM
    I actually like Link better myself. It's not as feature rich, but I find it much more staightforward to do certain things like adding and removing specific video files.
    04-01-13 01:53 PM
    . Two hours to back up my phone than three hours to restore it from a wipe? Come on...that's insane. it's is slow and lags like crazy. I know how childish this sounds but if I was Heins and seen this pos I'd fire the entire group that worked on it and hire some high schoolers or something.
    I wonder if the culprit is more how the phone connects to the computer? When I did anything involving backup with Desktop Manager and PlayBook, it had speed issues as well. But it's a lot different to back up a 64 GB device over microUSB than one with 768 MB of application memory like my old bold.

Leads me to believe they may need a "lightning" equivalent.

I don't mean to make this sound like I'm a troll because I love BlackBerry...but this piece of software drives me crazy. And don't say just give them time...I already gave six hours on one phone wipe...that's too much of my time they have already. ;-)

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    04-01-13 01:55 PM