Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By akavbb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bb bridge with z10 and playbook won't work for me

I used to have a torch 9800 bridged with my playbook. Now I have a z10 and I followed the procedure to bridge the z10 with the playbook but when I scan the bar code on playbook screen with. Z10, it won't connect and on the z10 it says to update playbook to latest software. Things is, my playbook has the latest update on it. Anyone else having this issue and know how to figure it out? All bluetooth settings are on, on the z10 and playbook. Can't figure this out. Need some help from fellow crackberry members. Thx

Doggy
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

The only suggestion I have is to restart both devices. It sounds like you are doing everything correct.

I had some odd headphones issues in my Z10 where the audio would only play through one ear and a restart by holding the power button for 10 seconds fixed it so you never know.
    CrackBerry User

Same issue here with 9810, restarting now...
    hooked on bb!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Did you get it working

I am having the same problem I think. It appears to be linking successfully but I can't access emails, texts, bbms or bridge browser
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

I seem to recall there being an issue that BB has acknowledged regarding gaps in functionality between Bridge on OS7 and Bridge on BB10. See BlackBerry Bridge on BlackBerry 10 - Dumbed down and not as useful | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

It sounds like many of the features I loved about my playbook will not be available when bridged to my z10. If that is the case I think the z10 will be going back.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomersbook View Post
    It sounds like many of the features I loved about my playbook will not be available when bridged to my z10. If that is the case I think the z10 will be going back.
    I'm pretty confident that they will be addressing this issue and sooner rather than later. If it's really a critical need, I can understand but otherwise a little patience might be in order.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine bridged last night the first time I tried. Weird that it's not working for some other members.
    Wolfpacal
    CrackBerry Newbie

My Z10 had no problem pairing with my PlayBook however the only thing that works is the remote. On my PlayBook in the bridge folder all I have is a useless readme file. It worked perfectly with my touch but not with my Z10. I must be missing a step somewhere but I can't figure out where. Help!
    CrackBerry Master

Worked no problem for me. I was able to control the mouse and swipe gestures on it. One problem I did find was swiping from the left bezel wasn't as sensitive as I hoped. I would say swipe 10 times and would probably only get it once to switch application by fluke. Please have this issue addressed in the next update

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bridge

I to ocan only use the remote. I'm wondering if the problem stems from having a previous handset bridged. otherwise it's odd that some people can and others cant. Just hope it gets fixed soon.
    CrackBerry Genius

Only thing right now that you can do with the Z10 and bridge is using your cell data, and using the remote functions. Everything else has been removed on the Z10 bridge app. I do believe BBerry is working on getting most, if not all the functions back in bridge.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default REALLY?

I suppose it is shame on me for not doing my homework completely (aside from multiple reviews and device comparisons) but the bridge functions were a MAJOR factor in my not abandoning BB after over 10 years for an iPhone 5 today when my 9810 packed it in. With all of the delays you would think this would have been addressed by now. I have 14 days to decide if the Z10 goes back. Hope it's fixed by then or the Estate of Steve Jobs will likely make another convert as the constant half measures and slow fixes are getting a little tiresome.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

I’m in the process of evaluating what I want to replace my 9900 with, and borrowed a co-workers Z10 today to test out bridge functionality. I found the set-up and bridging worked flawlessly. Perhaps I just got lucky, but the process was smooth.

Unfortunately, it was also pointless. Once bridged, I got to see how they’ve crippled the Bridge functionality altogether. I’ve got two Playbooks…lack of a useful bridge is a big strike against BB10 for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I too want the full Bridge functionality restored but the additional functionality of the Z10 has made up for it to some degree. Internet access at LTE speeds helps the Bridge browsing experience. Just have to work around the other issues until it is fixed

Posted via CB10
    Life is not a gamble. There may be risk involved, but you don't have to live by chance.

.....CLICK!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by I am JT View Post
    I too want the full Bridge functionality restored but the additional functionality of the Z10 has made up for it to some degree. Internet access at LTE speeds helps the Bridge browsing experience. Just have to work around the other issues until it is fixed

Posted via CB10
    Me 3.
    how could they even neglect it?????
    There are 10 types of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't...
    dee. likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Bridging

Mine connected when I first got my Z10 with such limited functionality it was depressing. Now the update to the newest version it will no longer connect. Tells me the scan doesn't appear to be a valid bb bridge scan. When I do auto and the numbers match it says there is an error linking
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm very disappointed with the z10 it is an awesome phone but I love my playbook for the bigger screen. When I use my playbook it was always nice to text and BBM when I need to answer them now I need both and that really sucks