Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot about this BB Balance stuff and it looks cool. I use my BB for both work and personal but its not with any BES server through the office.

Can I get Balance without being connected to any BES Server? I'd like to just be able to manage my work contacts/emails/bbms on one side, and personal stuff on the other.

help!
    02-11-13 10:48 PM
    No you cannot. You need to be on a BES.
    02-11-13 10:49 PM
    Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot about this BB Balance stuff and it looks cool. I use my BB for both work and personal but its not with any BES server through the office.

Can I get Balance without being connected to any BES Server? I'd like to just be able to manage my work contacts/emails/bbms on one side, and personal stuff on the other.

help!
    This has been asked many times. Blackberry has said that if you want Blackberry balance, you need to have BES. There is no other way to use Blackberry Balance without BES
    02-11-13 10:54 PM
    This has been asked many times. Blackberry has said that if you want Blackberry balance, you need to have BES. There is no other way to use Blackberry Balance without BES
    On BlackBerry 10 devices.
    02-11-13 10:56 PM
    On BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Exactly. Forgot to add that part!.
    02-11-13 11:11 PM
    Exactly. Forgot to add that part!.
    Let me clarify why I added that. BlackBerry Balance is available on:
    - BlackBerry 10 devices integrated with BES 10 wherein the IT Administrator has allowed or required Balance
    - BlackBerry legacy Handheld OS 6.x-7.x devices integrated with BES 5.x wherein the IT Administrator has allowed or required Balance
    - BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.x tablets integrated with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or BES 10
    Dimitri.69 likes this.
    02-11-13 11:16 PM
    Let me clarify why I added that. BlackBerry Balance is available on:
    - BlackBerry 10 devices integrated with BES 10 wherein the IT Administrator has allowed or required Balance
    - BlackBerry legacy Handheld OS 6.x-7.x devices integrated with BES 5.x wherein the IT Administrator has allowed or required Balance
    - BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.x tablets integrated with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or BES 10
    Thank you for the clarification!.
    02-11-13 11:19 PM
    I wish this could be different, I can see a multitude of uses for Balance outside of it being a partition to be dictated to by an IT person in a huge corporation.

Maybe Blackberry will release a version of free/cheaper BES that works for only few devices.in the not too distance future.
    02-11-13 11:54 PM
    I wish this could be different, I can see a multitude of uses for Balance outside of it being a partition to be dictated to by an IT person in a huge corporation.

Maybe Blackberry will release a version of free/cheaper BES that works for only few devices.in the not too distance future.
    BlackBerry has lowered pricing on BES already. Server licenses of BES 10 cost $0. You have to pay for device licensing which works out to $99/device/year (or less depending on the size of your account).
    02-12-13 12:19 AM
    I picked up my Classic from Vodafone UK a few days ago, like it but the idea of being able to have a personal side and business side is very attractive. I am self employed and have a business account with Vodafone with 1 device, is there any way of getting BES10 or something to get this blackberry balance feature?? But I'm not sure I see the point (of BES (not sure what it does!)) for my business situation??

PS Classic will take a bit of getting used too but I will soon love it like my bold 9900 I'm sure..

Thanks,

Rossi
    01-11-15 05:10 PM
    BlackBerry has a cloud BES solution that I've tried. I had my Z10 configured on it for a while and never used Balance.

Remember the purpose of Balance is to provide a personal partition on corporate liable devices that is segregated from and the corporate network and protected from corporate IT; or on personal liable devices to provide a work partition that is controlled by corporate IT not the device owner. If the device owner and user is "corporate IT" it isn't all that useful.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    01-11-15 05:53 PM