- CrackBerry Newbie
- 6 Posts
BB Balance with no BES?
Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot about this BB Balance stuff and it looks cool. I use my BB for both work and personal but its not with any BES server through the office.
Can I get Balance without being connected to any BES Server? I'd like to just be able to manage my work contacts/emails/bbms on one side, and personal stuff on the other.
- 02-12-13, 12:16 AM #6
- BlackBerry 10 devices integrated with BES 10 wherein the IT Administrator has allowed or required Balance
- BlackBerry legacy Handheld OS 6.x-7.x devices integrated with BES 5.x wherein the IT Administrator has allowed or required Balance
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.x tablets integrated with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or BES 10
- 02-12-13, 12:54 AM #8
I wish this could be different, I can see a multitude of uses for Balance outside of it being a partition to be dictated to by an IT person in a huge corporation.
Maybe Blackberry will release a version of free/cheaper BES that works for only few devices.in the not too distance future.
- CrackBerry User
01-11-15, 06:10 PM #10
- 10 Posts
I picked up my Classic from Vodafone UK a few days ago, like it but the idea of being able to have a personal side and business side is very attractive. I am self employed and have a business account with Vodafone with 1 device, is there any way of getting BES10 or something to get this blackberry balance feature?? But I'm not sure I see the point (of BES (not sure what it does!)) for my business situation??
PS Classic will take a bit of getting used too but I will soon love it like my bold 9900 I'm sure..
- CrackBerry Genius
01-11-15, 06:53 PM #11
- 3,352 Posts
BlackBerry has a cloud BES solution that I've tried. I had my Z10 configured on it for a while and never used Balance.
Remember the purpose of Balance is to provide a personal partition on corporate liable devices that is segregated from and the corporate network and protected from corporate IT; or on personal liable devices to provide a work partition that is controlled by corporate IT not the device owner. If the device owner and user is "corporate IT" it isn't all that useful.
- By IH8treo in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-09-10, 03:51 AM
- By paQ in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 12-08-09, 06:06 AM
- By Guarddog in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 26Last Post: 10-17-08, 06:12 PM
- By Din in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-07, 12:39 PM
- By rotoiti in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-01-07, 08:31 AM