View Poll Results: Should there Phone Model Specific OS Update Page Irrespective of the carrier/Operator?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

1 9.09%
  • Maybe

1 9.09%
  • Dunno

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hello all,

This is my first post. Can it be possible to make a BB10 OS update page based on Model Number of BB10. For Example The OS updates for the current BB10 Phone can be for
    BB Z10 STL100-1
    BB Z10 STL100-2
    BB Z10 STL100-3
    BB Z10 STL100-4

It would make it very easy for consumers to get an update with any model of the the phone in any part of the world. I am sure many would be using un-locked phones bought from other regions and using it in their native hometown the above models and not the ones dished out by their operators.

This will even help customers travelling extensively. For example a person from USA can get their phone specific update even if he is travelling to India or vice versa...!!

Can Blackberry or Crackberry put such phone specific updates page ONLINE...!!

Thanks...!!! Sorry I am not a Techy but Just a Thought to clear a lot of confusion on updates...!! Will appreciate response to this.
    03-17-13 06:36 PM
    I agree with this! I still can't retrieve the update, no matter which method I try. None have worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:37 PM
    I agree with this! I still can't retrieve the update, no matter which method I try. None have worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Ya that's because ur carrier hasn't pushed the update yet. Which if u ask me is bs not sure y BlackBerry pull an apple and update everyone's at the same time. Maybe they didn't have the "Stopping power " that Apple does who knows.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:40 PM
    Well many times a good phone improvement by the release of a nice update made by the very hard working techies out there in RIM, gets stalled by the operator since its too lazy to update it. This kind of reflects badly on the phone itself and in many cases drives away the customers. I think Blackberry should take it up on itself to launch a Worldwide OS update Page and let all phones update irrespective of the carrier. It can simply detect the phone model online and get the latest update for it online. OTA can be the same way....!!!

Can Crackberry Guys do this ????
    03-17-13 06:47 PM