A phone like the 9900 stood out in a sea of touch screen phones.
    But for the majority of smartphone buyers, it was just another blackberry with tons of buttons to

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-12-12 01:45 AM
    I'm getting the L, I'm getting one for my wife, I'll get the Aristo, give the L to my son...if I win the lottery I just might drive around with a pickup truck bed full of them and give 'em to all the downtrodden who use other platforms...put a loudspeaker on the roof, "Have you been saved?!? Let BlackBerry 10 into your heart!!!!!!!!!!"
    12-12-12 02:28 AM
    holy shiz...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-12-12 02:42 AM
    ***lights cigarette****

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-12-12 04:46 AM
    ***lights cigarette****

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    **calls taxi**
    Toodeurep and switcharoo like this.
    12-12-12 05:05 AM
    Look sexy...but I'd like to see the N version....I am eager to feel that keyboard...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-12-12 05:09 AM
    **calls taxi**
    Made me think of the end of this video...
    12-12-12 05:20 AM
    Elegant! I like.
    12-12-12 07:11 AM
    Overall the design language is good. However that front branding needs to be deleted and the screen should be extended into that section. That's a revision I would like to see on the 30th of January.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-12-12 07:13 AM
    Overall the design language is good. However that front branding needs to be deleted and the screen should be extended into that section. That's a revision I would like to see on the 30th of January.
    You can't. Need room to start the gestures off-screen. So they have to have that blank area at the bottom. While it's there, might as well stick the name down there.

What I'm wondering is, where is AT&T going to plaster their death star logo and name at on this thing? You know they'll do it somewhere. I know Apple was able to dictate otherwise, but RIM is generally less demanding.
    12-12-12 10:11 AM
    Zoom in on the black bezel something tells me it's not final with all those numbers etched on it.
    You should not mix up non-final with non-commercial, the hardware that went into carrier labs had to be final hardware as otherwise all the testing would have to be restarted when the final hardware turned up and that would ensure that Rim had managed to **** off those carriers majorly.

This stuff is almost certainly final hardware, but still includes the numbers due to it being intended for non-commercial use.
    12-12-12 10:19 AM
    Even if that area was not very useful for the gestures, there is zero chance of any company making major hardware changes like you suggest with mere weeks until release from both a technical perspective and from the point that it would basically invalidate all carrier testing that has already taken place.

I wish people would not try to be armchair engineers quite so often on this forum.
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    12-12-12 10:22 AM
    What I'm wondering is, where is AT&T going to plaster their death star logo and name at on this thing? You know they'll do it somewhere. I know Apple was able to dictate otherwise, but RIM is generally less demanding.
    The options would seem to be a custom part below the blackberry name that included the relevant carrier logo or maybe it will just go on the back above or below the bb logo.
    12-12-12 10:29 AM
    Even if that area was not very useful for the gestures, there is zero chance of any company making major hardware changes like you suggest with mere weeks until release from both a technical perspective and from the point that it would basically invalidate all carrier testing that has already taken place.

I wish people would not try to be armchair engineers quite so often on this forum.
    It is the consumers job to question and second guess the thought process that go into commercial products.

When companies start listening to only voices in a vacuum they go from leaders to losers very quickly.

That said, while the chunky lower bezel might serve a purpose, it's not really visually appealing. If the front was monolithic black it would help, but that massive branding is not only garish, it makes the chunky bezel a focal point, which in my opinion is a bad thing.
    12-12-12 11:36 AM
    Please no video review. Who the **** has a video review of a phone a month + before its announced? That doesn't help RIM. At all. In any way.
    That's exactly what makes me think "this is not the final hardware", this device must be the one handed to carriers, we will have our wow moment on jan 30 fo sure!
    12-12-12 12:12 PM
    i dont think they like the leaks coming out now. If we keep getting all these leaks then it really lessens the impact of Jan 30th.
    unless there's something else they're sitting on,,, it would be a VERY smart marketing move to let this stuff squeak out as it has been,,, Thornstein seems like the sneaky type,,,on the 30th they could pull out the WOW factor from up their sleeve,,, maybe it turns into some kinda little transformer or a native remote control app for all things electronic,,, now THAT would be abso-*'n-lutely badazz,,, think of THOSE possibilities,,, start your car, turn on the coffee pot, steer the Mars rover,etc...
    switcharoo likes this.
    12-12-12 12:21 PM
    Wow this looks amazing!!! No way anyone is holding out for the aristo now!
    i will,,, but this is tempting,,, i've admittedly been bashing the new design but these pics make me retract a bit,,, still not quite "it" for me but the quality of these pics give it a much better appeal to me than what we've seen so far...
    12-12-12 12:26 PM
    Haha that's what I just said, saw a post on another forum saying that this looked like the HTC driod phone, I'm like now this looks like BB10 alpha without the cover ... Lol
    Finally someone took the plastic protector off it!
    12-12-12 12:35 PM
    Good looking yea but none stood out like this one.

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    This is actually the first BB to really look similar to another device. I really like it, but the design doesn't stand out like the Bolds do IMO. The 9000 really stood out from the rest of the smartphone crowd.

switcharoo likes this.
    12-12-12 12:37 PM
    That is one smart device.
    12-12-12 01:04 PM
    This is actually the first BB to really look similar to another device. I really like it, but the design doesn't stand out like the Bolds do IMO. The 9000 really stood out from the rest of the smartphone crowd.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...m68/BB10L1.jpg
    I think that this first device's main job is to attract attention to itself but fall away so that the OS can really do its thing. The last thing RIM needs is for people to be so concentrated on the design of the phone that they kinda ignore the OS. When they have established the new platform, they can let the design freak out and sexy up the phones.
    12-12-12 01:45 PM
    I suggest the moderator to add and hands-on video to BB 10 L-series Leaked images.

Translated from Vietnanis to English:

Fortunately for the evening I had the opportunity to holding the handset has not been the launch of the BlackBerry , the L-Series. Machine design is quite nice due to no longer be placed in a plastic frame as the Dev Alpha A / B again.

In addition, the L-Series was almost complete, both hardware and software. Perfect good quality and full functionality of the BB10 OS we've ever known, not locked or limited to a certain function, including making phone calls or texting.configuration information almost no official due to the present time RIM has not yet been referred to us.

What we can see on the L-Series is lightweight, smaller size Dev Alpha B a little, just hand.

Screen quality is quite good, very smooth and nice font, 1280x768 resolution with Dev Alpha B.

The front of the glass cover almost the entire front and stretched out to take two edges of the screen makes us feel bigger. terms of ports and port location, it is just like the the current Dev Alpha, including micro HDMI and micro USB on the left side, a 3.5mm audio port on the top edge, the power button on the top edge and 2 volume control keys on the right side.

The keyboard is a bit difficult to press as it is slightly sunk compared to the side of the machine. Regarding the quality of finishing, I can say the L-Series held its already almost perfect, not longer a pure form , could this be the final test version of RIM before they introduce BlackBerry 10 to 30/01 next year.

Although made ​​of plastic, very solid body, no creaking joints and connectors on the camera body is made ​​very carefully. The back cover of the machine can be removed so you can change it easily (batteries LS1, like Dev Alpha B). The back cover of the machine is made ​​of plastic, similar to the body, it is quite flexible and the NFC chip affixed.

Adding a point to make the L-Series is more complete than the Dev Alpha is that it can normal calling and texting. This is a big difference compared to the previous Dev Alpha we have ever known.

I have tried to remove the SIM Viettel and called a SIM Mobi success, no trouble at all, the machine can also send and receive SMS messages, connect to BIS service, up Internet 3G delicious, in general it is not like a complete smartphone.

Even the software in the machine fully functional, not limited as before although the
    BB version 10 that the L-Series is running is still a beta version. However, the beta should react slightly slower and not touch sensitive, sometimes hanging a place to restart the machine, the new normal is, hope that this error will not appear in the version of BB 10 officially.

[Tr�n tay]
    12-12-12 02:49 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...m68/BB10L1.jpg
    The BB10-L looks refined and elegant compared to the motorola droid. Getting rid of those buttons has a significant visual impact.
    12-12-12 05:11 PM
    I suggest the moderator to add and hands-on video to BB 10 L-series Leaked images.

Translated from Vietnanis to English:

"The keyboard is a bit difficult to press as it is slightly sunk compared to the side of the machine. "
    I wonder about that statement. Does it make any sense?
    12-12-12 05:22 PM
    So it looks like it doesnt have the squared usb port like the playbook. So no usb OTG?
    12-12-12 05:30 PM
115 ... 2345