Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Highbeta
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery and what's app

Guys
    Before the thread police tell me there's an answer to this if you search, well I have looked and can't find it.

I have found since the update and downloading WhatsApp battery has got worse rather then better. I have a spare battery as well.

For example today with little email traffic and one or two calls the battery is down to 20 per cent. Before the update and WhatsApp I would get at least another couple of hours before having to switch batteries.

Also anyone else having issues sending contacts or pictures via whatapp? Also annoying that WhatsApp isn't in the hub and more so that you isn't not on the share list either. Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else.

Oh and finally again I have tried this. Can anyone tell me how to cut and paste a number and drop it into the call log or so that you can call it? I simply can't find a way to do this?

People thoughts on any of the above would be great.

It's a great phone despite the minor issues!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

Try OpenWhatsApp, it works a lot better and I habe no battery issues.

I also hope that you conditioned both batteries with at least 20 charges before getting in to swapping them back and forth.

The phone will not show the percentile correct if you just jump into swapping on day 1, it is the way the phone learns the voltage of the battery at different times.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview

We don't BEND, WE BLEND #TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi Thanks. Didn't have a clue you had to condition the batteries. So you suggest charging and drianing them a few times I will try that. Tips on downloading the open version be great.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28A006EA

Open Whatsapp has no support for emoticons. A great downer for me as my friends (for some reason) LOVE to communicate using lots of emoticons.

Battery was horrendous when I first got my Z10. I'll be out of juice by noon, and that is even without 4G. However, after using the phone for 2 weeks now, I can say that the battery is conditioned and the charge is lasting longer for me. Can reach 5pm with about 30% left. I'm a heavy user with approximately 200 emails coming in per day and I whatsapp all day long.
    Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
    iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by otacon View Post
    Open Whatsapp has no support for emoticons. A great downer for me as my friends (for some reason) LOVE to communicate using lots of emoticons.

Battery was horrendous when I first got my Z10. I'll be out of juice by noon, and that is even without 4G. However, after using the phone for 2 weeks now, I can say that the battery is conditioned and the charge is lasting longer for me. Can reach 5pm with about 30% left. I'm a heavy user with approximately 200 emails coming in per day and I whatsapp all day long.
    200 emails a day? wow thats great battery life then. Turning off 4G and using 3G extends my battery life much so much longer. I don't see any battery draining issues with Whatsapp.
    CrackBerry User

I find I barely use the device and battery is dead by the end of the business day (8 hours). I am running whatsapp, i wonder if it's the culprit. This is a brand new device that has never not had whatsapp on it. i've searched quite a bit, with 10.0.10.85 should i be able to get a full day with moderate use, or is there something wrong with my device that i should return it?
    CrackBerry User

I was having the same issue. I deleted what's app and battery has been great. Battery was fine before. Don't know why it's occurs but it does. Rather have my battery last all day then have that app. When there is a fix ill re install it.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

There has been a new update for whatsapp released today. Version 2.9.3997.0

In app world. But it seems to show up then disappear in there so just keep searching for it

I have it. No battery drain. And it has fixed all issues with contacts, sharing stuff among others

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    I'm me on a Z30
    CrackBerry User

I deleted whatsapp after noticing decreased battery performance since installing it last week. Lost a couple of hours battery life per charge cycle and that is with minimal use of whatsapp.. disappointing for me.

Posted via CB10
    Zed10
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by singhavi View Post
    Hi Thanks. Didn't have a clue you had to condition the batteries. So you suggest charging and drianing them a few times I will try that.
    Umm... actually, the concept of "conditioning" does not apply to Lithium batteries. At most, if you find that your device shuts off before the % battery level indicator reaches 0%, or if it reaches 0% but then runs for a long time after that, draining it fully then recharging fully may nudge the recalibration routine into executing.

This doesn't affect the actual battery life, however, but merely the displayed value.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    PIN
    31003E1F

Well.. If you can live without whatsapp then I guess you can try removing it..

I just need that app! Lol

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Ive been using what's app for a day now and its killing battery. Which would you say is worse for battery? 200-300 messages of whatsapp or 200-300 messages of bbm? Does using bbm a lot drain battery vs using whatsapp? Or will using BBM instead of whats app significantly improve battery life?
    CrackBerry User

Intuitively there is no way that any 3rd party app is going to beat BBM in terms of battery life.

Come to think of it, BBM pretty much dominates in every area.. what a pity my BBM friends list has shrunk down to nothing compared to a few years ago!

Posted via CB10
    Zed10
    thecurryman likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Umm... actually, the concept of "conditioning" does not apply to Lithium batteries. At most, if you find that your device shuts off before the % battery level indicator reaches 0%, or if it reaches 0% but then runs for a long time after that, draining it fully then recharging fully may nudge the recalibration routine into executing.

This doesn't affect the actual battery life, however, but merely the displayed value.
    Yeah, batteries these days don't need "Calibration". There is no need to go from 100-0-100 all the time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highbeta View Post
    Intuitively there is no way that any 3rd party app is going to beat BBM in terms of battery life.

Come to think of it, BBM pretty much dominates in every area.. what a pity my BBM friends list has shrunk down to nothing compared to a few years ago!

Posted via CB10
    Oh I completely understand! Hopefully the people I what's app switch back to BlackBerry like I have done! Hopefully doing BBM will reduce battery life a lot

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Having same issue since update and adding whatsapp - at best in can get 6 hours of phone even in standby mode. Phone has been running really hot just like when j first got it.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Deleted this piglet of a battery hog and am pleased to report that my battery life appears to have returned to pre whatsapp levels of 12-16 hours per charge

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Zed10
    CrackBerry User

Very concerning, I love whatsapp and use it frequently through the day Mind you I'm sure it will be addressed, the W/A app probably needs to be optimized/tweaked in a future update.

You guys w/ issues so far should let the W/A team know.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by singhavi View Post
    Oh and finally again I have tried this. Can anyone tell me how to cut and paste a number and drop it into the call log or so that you can call it? I simply can't find a way to do this?
    If you can copy it to the clipboard or share the text from WhatsApp, you can use a little app I wrote to do it: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.