I'm calling out all those who claim to still have battery after 12 hours of heavy use. I say Bullsh#t!

I grab my phone off the charger at 7:00am. Make a few phone calls about 10 minutes each in length. Receive about 12 emails, chat on bbm, text about 15 people, check out how crappy FB on the Z10 is and by 1:00pm battery is dead.

I by no means am a heavy user and this does not make sense as all I hear on these boards is how amazing the battery is after the new updates. I did notice a slight difference, but not what people are preaching. I even bought a spare battery to see if I had a defective one. Still the same outcome.

What I have I done to help with the battery:

1) Use the HSPA browser connection, NOT the LTE. NFC, Bluetooth and WIFI are all OFF.
    2) Brightness is at approx. 30%
    3) I have disabled any apps where they refresh automatically including crackberry app.

I personally would love to know what other tricks and tips people are doing to get battery life as I truly believe that these BB disciples are either hardly using their phone, or they are completely in denial and are drinking the Kool Aid.
    03-22-13 03:55 PM
    Good for you. I needed to be called out. Thanks for that. I feel better, hopefully you do too!

Oh, on hour 13 right now.. 3 push emails, FB/Twitter, non stop BBM, 2 hours on the phone, an hour of music over blue tooth. Sitting at 20%.

LTE off. NFC off. WiFi off. Screen 50%.

Will probably have to deploy battery number 2 within the next hour, but was able to make it past 12 hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:58 PM
    I'm calling out all those who claim to still have battery after 12 hours of heavy use. I say Bullsh#t!

I grab my phone off the charger at 7:00am. Make a few phone calls about 10 minutes each in length. Receive about 12 emails, chat on bbm, text about 15 people, check out how crappy FB on the Z10 is and by 1:00pm battery is dead.

I by no means am a heavy user and this does not make sense as all I hear on these boards is how amazing the battery is after the new updates. I did notice a slight difference, but not what people are preaching. I even bought a spare battery to see if I had a defective one. Still the same outcome.

1) Use the HSPA browser connection, NOT the LTE. NFC, Bluetooth and WIFI are all OFF.
    3) I have disabled any apps where they refresh automatically including crackberry app.

I personally would love to know what other tricks and tips people are doing to get battery life as I truly believe that these BB disciples are either hardly using their phone, or they are completely in denial and are drinking the Kool Aid.
    Well, I can describe my usage to you when my battery life was good, until about 2 nights ago...

I would take the device off of the charger at 7am. I would receive anywhere between 30-40 emails on average per day, two email accounts both with push. LinkedIn feed as well. CB constantly running notifications, and Battery Guru constantly on logging the battery. About 1-2 phone-calls per day on average. Text messaging varies heavily but if I have to average it out I would say 5 texts per day, some days as much as 15-20 and others almost 0. About 2 hours per day spent browsing actively.

With the type of usage specified above, I was getting anywhere between 14-16 hours per day. However, that all changed two nights ago. All of a sudden 1/2 of that usage gets me only 4 hours of battery life. The phone is unusually hot, even with a spare battery, with Battery Guru reporting 33C+ temperature (I've seen 35C personally at least a couple of times in the last two days). The phone is running awful battery wise. Having said all that, my 14-16 hours was for about 1.5 months now. My new 4h battery life is for the last 2 days. Even after the factory reset the problem is still there. In all, I'd say that if you have such bad battery life, I think that you may be in the same boat as me now. I think we both may have defective devices.

PS: I also did a continuous high-definition playback test here about 1 month ago and the results were very good for the battery. Continuous playback of high-def content for 9.5 hours without any hiccups. That is pretty good battery life, and that was even before 10.0.10.85. However, what I am getting now is abysmal.
    03-22-13 04:04 PM
    I am in same boat as op. Had terrible battery life when new but then settled in to easy twelve hours. Last week or so though been lucky to get 5 hours. I have two batteries and need to have one charging all the time. My phone now runs hot all the time even in standby. How can I find out what app is the issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:09 PM
    How long have you been using the z10 for it will take a few charges to see improvement. Are a lot of your applications refreshing every 5 minutes or using data?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-22-13 04:09 PM
    Go search on crackberry about battery threads there was one poster who listed about 100 tweaks you can make.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-22-13 04:11 PM
    Funny you mentioned that. My frustrations have been over the course over the last week where I notice the battery to be worse each day and I have had this for over a month now.

I have been downloading apps, but I make sure that there is no constant refreshing going on. Not sure what's causing this....maybe Facebook as its the only app I have where you cannot regulate how often it refreshes.
    hubeschan likes this.
    03-22-13 04:11 PM

I'm up to 2 days between charges now. Checked with a couple people in my office who have the Z10 too and they are between 1.5 and 2 days between charges. Moderate business use. lots of emails being synced, some AG Star Wars and a couple of hours on the phone. Rest of the time, it is in my holster.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-22-13 04:12 PM
    I know that a lot of people are reporting that battery life worsened after installing whats app. If anyone has that it might be the problemo.

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-22-13 04:13 PM
    off charger at 5am, 11pm at 60%. 1 issue I noticed was sending/replying to messages on facebook, or that it didnt. I think it kept trying and trying and it killed my battery quickly. I don't use the for messaging. anymore
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    03-22-13 04:36 PM
    I know that a lot of people are reporting that battery life worsened after installing whats app. If anyone has that it might be the problemo.

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    I thought so but I've since reloaded my entire OS twice, and I even started from scratch with only bare minimum apps installed, and the result was the same.
    03-22-13 04:44 PM
    apparently Blackberry Travel is killing batteries too

As others have said the battery life seems to get better as it calibrates over the course of a couple of weeks

I got myself a power bank thing on ebay, 6000 mah battery so will fully charge the z10 about 3 times, it's about the size of a packet of cigarettes and is very useful.

Fits the playbook too of course
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-22-13 04:58 PM
    I know something is running on phone as it's hot all the time. I did install whatsapp but battery life had went to **** before then. I need more then a tweak. Maybe delete every app and start adding them again one at a time.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:02 PM
    Guys
    The battery is crap end of story. We all know it but still everyone makes out they get 12 hours. If you do you probably only get around three msgs a day! My was dead by 2pm today. I rock a spare and I'm on that now. The phone is great but battery is rubbish end of.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:07 PM
    You all actually have to turn LTE off to get thru a day? WTF, is that normal on most new smartphones?
    03-22-13 05:16 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Since I received my BlackBerry at the NYC event that cane with a business card to BlackBerry support I will email them and see if I can get a new device. Keeping fingers closed.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    jegitoe and beamolite like this.
    03-22-13 05:19 PM
    My battery would get through the day (but no more) until I installed BlackBerry Travel. Awesome app, but it has meant my battery was done at 4 today.
    03-22-13 05:22 PM
    apparently Blackberry Travel is killing batteries too

As others have said the battery life seems to get better as it calibrates over the course of a couple of weeks

I got myself a power bank thing on ebay, 6000 mah battery so will fully charge the z10 about 3 times, it's about the size of a packet of cigarettes and is very useful.

Fits the playbook too of course
    Where did you hear this? That is one app that I have installed since yesterday...my battery life is tanking the last two days, since WhatsApp update...
    03-22-13 05:27 PM
    I don't know if my lte is on or not but on normal days I run on 2g unless in surfing the net outside. I run wifi almost every waking hour though and I can usually get through an entire day with 10% left after forgetting to charge the entire night so in total usually more than 24 hours.

Are you guys American users who just got their phones? It does take a few charges before the battery gets better I must say.

Though yeah whatsapp is quite bad for the battery I did find.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:30 PM
    Wifi on, bluetooth on, LTE off...connected to wifi most of the day. Since I took it off charger around 8am, 25+ emails, a few BBM, several Facebook messages, some BB world browsing. No bullsh***ing here. Sitting at 60+% as I type after more than 7.5 hours.

Battery use after 12 hours-img_00000062.png

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:31 PM
    Guys
    The battery is crap end of story. We all know it but still everyone makes out they get 12 hours. If you do you probably only get around three msgs a day! My was dead by 2pm today. I rock a spare and I'm on that now. The phone is great but battery is rubbish end of.

Posted via CB10
    I leave LTE on, WIFI on, BT on, I use BBM constantly, browsing and games when I blast a deuce. Crackberry reading with the CB10 app. I'd say I have at least MODERATE use, and I only charge it while I drive (which isn't very often, and I don't really go far) and at night. I haven't had any issues with battery life. It did get better after the big update, but I didn't really have a huge problem before. Sounds like you either have a defective battery, or you have your apps setup poorly, or you have a battery killing app updating the **** out of things every 30 seconds. I also live in a rural area, and LTE coverage is spotty. So I bounce between HSPA+ and LTE most of the day without issue. WIFI drops every time I go outside which isn't ideal but it is what it is. I'm at 25% right now but I have been listening to streaming radio for at least the last 3 hours with Songza.

Dont just bash the device because you got a crap battery, get up off the couch and go request a replacement battery. If your battery life isn't the same as everyone else is telling you it SHOULD be, obviously you have an issue. If you can't figure it out, that's what warranty's are for bud. Git on it!
    rai187, HabsSuck and elGuapoTorres like this.
    03-22-13 05:31 PM
    Where did you hear this? That is one app that I have installed since yesterday...my battery life is tanking the last two days, since WhatsApp update...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...travel-785393/
    slparry likes this.
    03-22-13 05:34 PM
    Singhavi:
    Don't be do arrogant,
    You can only speak for yourself, so don't say I am getting 24 hours battery because I'm only receiving 3 messages, that is not so,
    Moderate your tone and everything will be alright.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:35 PM
    To say that the battery life is rubbish, or worse, to say that we (those who say that we get 1 or 2 days usage) are deluded in believing something as basic as this (battery life was poor when I bought my phone on the 31st of January but pretty much doubled after the update) IS somehow an insult.
    I don't know what is wrong with your device, but that doesn't mean that that is the experience of everyone out there. Look for a solution or get a replacement, but don't coke here and make statements that just don't reflect the reality of the majority of us.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:43 PM
    You will see a lot of denial from a lot of people on here, just have to deal with it sadly.

I think another problem is what you define as heavy usage.
    Even email count isn't good enough, some people take 20 mins to respond to one email, some people take a few seconds.

All I'll say is the battery life is not spectacular.
    It's about on par with other devices I've used, so the whole QNX is more efficient and battery friendly thing, I'm not buying it.

I do think apps play a role as well, I'm convinced WhatsApp is a drain. But we have no alternative as BBM isn't cross platform.

Hopefully things will get better with updates, and the huge plus is the removable battery.
    03-22-13 05:44 PM
462 123 ...