I noticed a while back when I did a battery pull that after the reboot I gained battery percentage.

I tried again today with battery at 31% and after reboot I ended up with 44% its like there's a battery fairy waiting to get out...

Normal reboot did not seem to do the same.

Try it and see what happens. I would suggest that it may be better gain the lower the battery but give it a whirl and let us know.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:34 PM
    P.S. I am using "BX battery info" to read my percentage. But it lines up with the Z10's own reading.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:46 PM
    You'll notice this when hard resetting a lot of smartphones. It's just the battery software recalibrating itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:12 PM
    Unless you actually believe that pulling out your battery somehow charges it....

This topic seems pointless.
    Acidwire likes this.
    03-03-13 11:13 PM
    Unless you actually believe that pulling out your battery somehow charges it....

Except for the part where the topic is real and actually happens. I'll bet a lot of people just learned about this.

Thanks though, for your opinion... means the world.
    03-04-13 12:07 AM
    I have no doubt it works... or at least appears that way. It happens on most electronics i know.

Still doesn't mean u charged your battery in any way or your getting any more battery life then you would before pulling it.

So this whole topic seems about as pointless as my first reply... but seemed appropriate given the topic. And for that reason lets just stop there
    Andrew4life likes this.
    03-04-13 12:22 AM
    Just pulled my battery, was at 41%, came back up with 54%. Goes to show there's some work to be done with regards to the Battery calibration in the OS.

I think this thread will show people, if anything, that their phone might not be getting as bad battery life as they think they are.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 12:28 AM
    Yeah there are definite issues with calibration. I have had 30-40 minutes of heavy usage before with battery at 0%. I have also seen this exact behavior at least once where my battery was showing say 30% and then after a battery pull it was back up to ~45%. There is definitely still work to be done around the battery calibration and function.
    03-04-13 12:37 AM
    Since BlackBerry monitors these threads I thought it would be good to mention this issue as its own thread instead of burying in another battery thread that doesn't get noticed.
    It is definitely a calibration issue and with my old bbos 7.1 9860 this never happened in fact I could lose ad much as 5% on a battery pull.

Anyways just trying to help others to realize that what the battery reads is not always what it truly is.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:25 AM
    It is just a software thing. Pulling the battery and having the device reboot can only drain the battery faster no matter what it indicates.
    03-04-13 07:28 AM
    With respect to the OP, they only stated that the battery percentage is higher after a pull... not charged when pulled And yeah, I noticed this too and hopefully it will get fixed in the next update.
    03-04-13 07:31 AM
    With the dev alpha device, I found a lot of inconsistencies in the battery monitoring, which was largely due to the device not having had enough 'experience' with the battery for it to give a reliable representation of how 'full' the battery actually was. What helped immensely was taking a full charge and allowing the device to run down until it powered itself off and then plugging in the charger and taking it back to 100%. After doing this two or three times I found that the battery percentage output was then much more reliable. Kudos actually goes to peter9477 for this (developer of Battery Guru) who has done a lot of study of PlayBook and BB10 battery habits.
    03-04-13 07:45 AM

LOL I vote for "Post of the Year"!!!
    sonicwheeler likes this.
    03-04-13 06:08 PM
    I see the same thing happening on my 9810 as well. Even with a new battery it does that same thing.
    03-04-13 06:19 PM
    After the phone does a full re-set, the processor has to interrogate the controller for the battery management and wait for the proper information. This can probably take a number of minutes. The battery level indicator is not a high priority for the phones processing. Pulling the battery and re-starting the phone does not put any charge back in to the battery.
    03-04-13 06:40 PM
    I don't think this is pointless thread and I highly doubt the op is saying the battery charges itself when pulled

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:47 PM
    You'll notice this when hard resetting a lot of smartphones. It's just the battery software recalibrating itself.

Posted via CB10
    yup. I think there is a bit of memory leak, or at least the phone has trouble re-using some of the memory already used.

A fresh boot starts at 1.4GB and after a normal day I can get as low as 0.9GB, so maybe the phone thinks that apps are running so it alots less time for the battery?

when I reboot from 0.9GB i usually get at least 5% more battery (which im thinking is just the battery phone realizing that now the battery will last 5% longer at current usage)
    03-04-13 06:51 PM
    I am the OP and I never said that it charges the battery or puts anymore back in by doing this...

But after a hard boot and re calibration I know that extra 13% gave me over 2hrs before it reached my original 31% before pull.

I feel that since this is a new phone on a new OS, I found it a point of interest because unlike some on this thread I don't know everything and I read CB forums to learn all I can about the phone and OS as do others.

So if you find it pointless then bu, bye but for those wanting to know more, there you have it.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:00 PM
    As a couple of people have already said, pulling the battery doesn't actually extend your battery by any amount. It is only an indicator.

Unlike trying to measure the amount of liquid in a cup, or how much gas you have left in your gas tank, there is not "physical" measurement that is being done to the battery. Rather, the phone constantly checks the voltage and the current being drawn and estimates how much longer till the battery dies. When you pull the battery it loses track of what the battery progress is so the percentage DISPLAYED might change. HOWEVER, the battery life doesn't change because the phone is going to shut down once it reaches it's minimum voltage. This is why sometimes on some phones/tablets/laptops in some situations, you could be stuck at 0% and still use it for a little while.
    03-04-13 07:09 PM
    I am the OP and I never said that it charges the battery or puts anymore back in by doing this...

But after a hard boot and re calibration I know that extra 13% gave me over 2hrs before it reached my original 31% before pull.

I feel that since this is a new phone on a new OS, I found it a point of interest because unlike some on this thread I don't know everything and I read CB forums to learn all I can about the phone and OS as do others.

So if you find it pointless then bu, bye but for those wanting to know more, there you have it.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the internets my friend. What you say, and what people say that you have said are very different lol.
    03-04-13 07:14 PM
    battery pulls dont work on this phone.Its actually a waste of time unless you changing sim,sd,battery.It aint like old days where it sorted everything out.
    03-04-13 07:18 PM
    battery pulls dont work on this phone.Its actually a waste of time unless you changing sim,sd,battery.It aint like old days where it sorted everything out.
    once again, the OP did not say that the battery pull fixes crashes. The point was that it allows the software to recalculate the remaining time left based on current usage patterns.

that is all.

and i can confirm that.
    03-04-13 07:21 PM
    Welcome to the internets my friend. What you say, and what people say that you have said are very different lol.
    With a proof of this reply, as i believe that no one claimed the op said that it would charge the phone,... i simply suggested that this topic seemed absolutely useless since just about every electronic device will do this, so unless he believed it charged the battery, the topic had no meaning..

In any case cant believe this is still going...
    03-04-13 07:24 PM
    once again, the OP did not say that the battery pull fixes crashes. The point was that it allows the software to recalculate the remaining time left based on current usage patterns.

that is all.

and i can confirm that.
    Ha i see my bad my bad. Where you in the world?? Us UK folk only vodaphone users got the new update that tweaks the battery performance.Im on EE.
    03-04-13 07:26 PM
    -keeps pulling batter until its fully charged- yet another feature no other "smart phone" has. WTG BlackBerry! woooo.

ok now being serious. this is due to the fact that you've never fully drained your battery. this used to happen to me all the time until I drained the battery all the way till it turned off and then recharge fully. haven't seen it since I've done that.
    03-04-13 07:55 PM
26 12