Is there an app on market /coming out, that shows the pourcentage of your battery left in the right top or left top corner like on Android?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:07 PM
    Yes there are actually several. Just search in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:33 PM
    02-27-13 04:40 PM
    Good question, and thanks for the answer Makaveli. I was using BX Battery Info, which works nicely as an active frame, but having the percentage visible on the notification bar at all times would be nice. I don't need the wallpaper functionality, but that's ok.
    Last edited by zc1; 02-27-13 at 05:06 PM.
    02-27-13 04:47 PM
    Apps currently have no way to modify the status/notification bar of the OS, so there's really no way to do this.

What you can do, however, is have an app with the percentage showing in the active frame, and keep the app running. (Battery Guru does this, but is still waiting for approval.)
    02-27-13 04:50 PM
    Apps currently have no way to modify the status/notification bar of the OS, so there's really no way to do this.
    Wallpaper Changer HD does this.
    02-27-13 04:52 PM
    Alright, thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:05 PM
    Arrgh, 3$ the Wallpaper Changer HD....

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:08 PM
    The most accurate app is BatteryInfo.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19397831

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:14 PM
    Wallpaper Changer HD does this.
    I assume you mean it fakes it, by modifying the wallpaper?

If I'm wrong and it really changes the status bar, there's an API somewhere in BB10 that I've not noticed yet! Yay....
    02-27-13 06:53 PM
    I don't know if that is what Phill_UK meant, but you are correct.
    02-27-13 08:19 PM

If I'm wrong and it really changes the status bar, there's an API somewhere in BB10 that I've not noticed yet! Yay....
    It puts a percentage right beside the original battery indicator is all, not changes the indicator to a percentage.

There is a few apps that show percentage there is three that are free, just search for battery in app world.
    02-27-13 09:08 PM
    It puts a percentage right beside the original battery indicator is all, not changes the indicator to a percentage.
    There is a few apps that show percentage there is three that are free, just search for battery in app world.
    His question was whether it puts the percentage on the wallpaper or on the status bar. It looks like it's on the status bar, but it's actually just on the wallpaper. If your wallpaper isn't perfectly-sized then you won't see a percentage at all.
    02-27-13 09:37 PM
    Don't get me wrong about the "fakes it" thing. I think it's a brilliant, creative thing to have thought of. Shao128's a bright guy.

I was just saying I didn't think there was an API to let one do this in the status bar itself. It's not a criticism of the wallpaper idea, just a development-related question really. If it works well, nobody can say this approach is flawed. (Only limitation I can think of is that it probably doesn't work with the "stock" wallpapers, unless those are in an area readable to our apps.)
    02-28-13 09:41 AM
    Or just wait for BlackBerry to come to their senses and add one integrated.

All current apps will need to be left running..
    Not worth it

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 09:44 AM
    Don't get me wrong about the "fakes it" thing. I think it's a brilliant, creative thing to have thought of. Shao128's a bright guy.

I was just saying I didn't think there was an API to let one do this in the status bar itself. It's not a criticism of the wallpaper idea, just a development-related question really. If it works well, nobody can say this approach is flawed. (Only limitation I can think of is that it probably doesn't work with the "stock" wallpapers, unless those are in an area readable to our apps.)
    Thanks. And you're not missing an API I've combed through it over and over and theres nothing available yet. But hey it's the next best thing and it works very well....

peter9477 likes this.
    02-28-13 09:48 AM
    i bought the app its great but i cant seem to figure out how to set the battery indicator to show...i tried turning it on/off below and right different slots but it wont show up...
    02-28-13 11:25 AM
    Thanks. And you're not missing an API I've combed through it over and over and theres nothing available yet. But hey it's the next best thing and it works very well....

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps4dbbd921.png

DUDE YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE!!! :P

i ran to my z10 and tied to put in the weather on the bar like yours...doesnt work lol. hope bbry will accept this update quickly, man your app is so great, please advertise more, you could be easily the most sell app on appworld.

i would like to see these in a futur update, :
    -please ad the option to put in our own pictures in the directory file so we can put the pictures taken from the z10 cameras or any other personal pictures (i take a lot of outdoor pictures that id like to see them as my wallpaper)

- an option to stop to stop the rotation cycle.

- im not sure if its even possible but it would be really nice if the data for the battery level and also this incoming weather section could be updated when the app is close
    02-28-13 11:30 AM
    i bought the app its great but i cant seem to figure out how to set the battery indicator to show...i tried turning it on/off below and right different slots but it wont show up...
    Use one of the wallpapers that come with the app (download one or more) instead of your own wallpaper. If your wallpaper isn't the right size then you won't see the battery indicator. The indicator isn't actually on the status bar. It's placed on the wallpaper.
    02-28-13 12:34 PM
    Use one of the wallpapers that come with the app (download one or more) instead of your own wallpaper. If your wallpaper isn't the right size then you won't see the battery indicator. The indicator isn't actually on the status bar. It's placed on the wallpaper.

Yup, thats the reason.... For now Changed that in 2.1.
    02-28-13 06:33 PM