OK, I understand that. I came over from iPhone 4/5 (with a brief affair with a lumia 920) and I remember iPhone has that functionality.

However, iPhone has other features which I think BB should include ASAP... Like being able to sync more than 30 days worth of email or being able to display message notifications on the lock screen like iPhone does it (including sender ID).
    03-16-13 03:30 AM
    My playbook does it, so why not the z10.
    03-16-13 03:50 AM
    I've seen a lot of people complaining about there not being a percentage in the battery icon but it's easy enough to find by just going to the settings; if you really need to be that specific about your battery. But I find the battery icon is more than sufficient for quickly checking how my battery's doing.

Posted via CB10
    Under settings the battery percentage is shown in 5% jumps, like 95%,90% rather than showing accurately like 98%,96%.
    03-16-13 04:17 AM
    Tbh honest Idk why they wouldn't add it like it doesn't seem difficult and they can allow ppl the option to put it on or off and I tweeted the BlackBerry product manager and he said thanks for the feedback most features or bug fixes ppl are asking him about he tells them it will be in the next Os update so I hope they consider this

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-16-13 12:33 PM
    I wondered if that's what he meant, but I can't think of any phone I've owned which shows you the battery percentage in any notification bar like that, so I'm not surprised its not on the Z.

Posted via CB10
    Patch on WebOS added this fairly quickly.

But I'm also really hoping for this, that little icon is next to useless, I want a number please.
    03-16-13 12:36 PM
    Not to say its useless but what exactly makes you guys wish for this feature so much? For me personally the battery indicator as-is does give me the information relevant to me: how much juice do I roughly have left so I can tell whether I want to charge it or not. Does it matter in your use cases whether its on 30% or 28% or 27%?
    If only it was so easy to guess. It's closer to plus-minus 10%. The icon is small. Once it goes red, it's hard to tell if your at 10% or zero!

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-16-13 12:49 PM
    Yes - It's nicely done on the PlayBook. You just tap on the battery icon and a little drop down menu with your shutdown options slides out along with your battery percentage. It would be nice to tap and even just see the battery percentage.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:50 PM
    Would love to see what apps are using the most battery. The s3 gives a nice breakdown of usage so you can see the battery hogs

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    03-16-13 01:00 PM
    Patch on WebOS added this fairly quickly.

But I'm also really hoping for this, that little icon is next to useless, I want a number please.
    How is the icon useless? When the battery is low, it's low. It is time to charge it. What extremely minor difference does the actual percentage make?
    03-16-13 01:12 PM
    Exactly

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-16-13 04:07 PM
    How is the icon useless? When the battery is low, it's low. It is time to charge it. What extremely minor difference does the actual percentage make?
    Some people want to see exactly how much they have left. If they think that icon is useless then it is. I don't see the point in trying to change their mind about it.

I would like this feature to be added to the OS too.

Posted via CB10
    twstd.reality likes this.
    03-16-13 04:13 PM
    Some people want to see exactly how much they have left. If they think that icon is useless then it is. I don't see the point in trying to change their mind about it.

I would like this feature to be added to the OS too.

Posted via CB10
    exactly.

it may be the ocd in me, but even the system settings showing in 5% increments bugs me.
    03-16-13 04:33 PM
37 12