Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adjdudley21
  1. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    874 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Battery Life test....

    I conducted my own little z10 battery life test.... Today was day one for the test.. Sorry for the multiple uploads.....

    First, I am running a white unlocked z10 on AT&T's LTE network, Model STL 100-3 on software 10.0.10.88.

    today's test was conducted on wifi and the network together for the whole test.
    My test included heavy texting at times, light to moderate web browsing, light to moderate streaming music with 8tracks, 2- 2.5 hours of standby time, full push notification on facebook, twitter, and 3 email accounts, 2 phone calls averaging 10 mins apiece and one bbm video call 5mins.

    The official time was 07:52:06.92 from 100% to 0%. I did not let the phone cut off but it was pretty close to cutting off. All in all, from my initial finding for today, the drain started pretty quickly and then slowly stabilized around 75%. Not the greatest but 8hours on no charge and slightly high moderate use with both the network and wifi on is pretty good... Tomorrow I will test with no wifi and AT&T LTE / 4g network. Will report my findings when the phone dies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life test....-2013-03-25-17-56-03.jpg   Battery Life test....-2013-03-25-17-56-03.jpg  
    knighty2112 likes this.
  2. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,120 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    It does get better, believe me. I regularly on a daily basis get between 14 to 18 hours out of my battery with moderate usage. You should see an increase in performance after a week or so. BTW: had my Z10 8 weeks now, so my battery is pretty much fine tuned now!

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    I conducted my own little z10 battery life test.... Today was day one for the test.. Sorry for the multiple uploads.....

    First, I am running a white unlocked z10 on AT&T's LTE network, Model STL 100-3 on software 10.0.10.88.

    today's test was conducted on wifi and the network together for the whole test.
    My test included heavy texting at times, light to moderate web browsing, light to moderate streaming music with 8tracks, 2- 2.5 hours of standby time, full push notification on facebook, twitter, and 3 email accounts, 2 phone calls averaging 10 mins apiece and one bbm video call 5mins.

    The official time was 07:52:06.92 from 100% to 0%. I did not let the phone cut off but it was pretty close to cutting off. All in all, from my initial finding for today, the drain started pretty quickly and then slowly stabilized around 75%. Not the greatest but 8hours on no charge and slightly high moderate use with both the network and wifi on is pretty good... Tomorrow I will test with no wifi and AT&T LTE / 4g network. Will report my findings when the phone dies.
  3. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    874 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knighty2112 View Post
    It does get better, believe me. I regularly on a daily basis get between 14 to 18 hours out of my battery with moderate usage. You should see an increase in performance after a week or so. BTW: had my Z10 8 weeks now, so my battery is pretty much fine tuned now!
    i've had a z10 since the last week in february.... soooo its not gonna get any better without software updates... Im not complaining, I do miss my 9900 and torch battery life tho, but as long as berry leaves me an option to switch batteries, im happy
  4. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,120 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    i've had a z10 since the last week in february.... soooo its not gonna get any better without software updates... Im not complaining, I do miss my 9900 and torch battery life tho, but as long as berry leaves me an option to switch batteries, im happy
    Sounds like a poor battery then. I agree OS updates again should make it better but you should have the same update as me at the moment so that still points to a poor battery more than anything.

    Hope it does get better eventually.

    Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
  5. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    874 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knighty2112 View Post
    Sounds like a poor battery then. I agree OS updates again should make it better but you should have the same update as me at the moment so that still points to a poor battery more than anything.

    Hope it does get better eventually.

    Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    Battery health is 95% and 8hours is what I hear people average.... plus the phone decides network , I have not option to toggle so its constantly LTE or searching for it...
  6. retomex's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Anybody knows if battery life is different between STL 100-1 (Ti omap) and the rest (snapdragon) ? I saw the video where snapdragon beats omap Z10 however I wonder if different processors have different battery life...

    any thoughts?
  7. turbodmac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Battery monitor must be draining battery...
  8. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    874 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Here is today's Post on Battery Life......

    Today I only used AT&T's LTE network, no wifi, no bluetooth...

    My usage today was a bit different than yesterday.. It began mostly in standby, followed by responding to a few emails, searching app world, uploading a few pics to instagram, and texts and bbm conversations.... followed by more standby 2 phone conversations and more text and bbm conversations.... and a decent 20 minute phone conversation with work...

    My time today was:

    08:08:20.83

    that sounds pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life test....-2013-03-26-19-41-42.jpg  

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 5 v Z10 Battery Life Test
    By MattUK in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 07:05 AM
  2. how was battery life tested
    By Silverfern in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
  3. Any interested in performing a battery life test?
    By q649 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM
  4. Battery Life Stress Test
    By Sgt_Smoker in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions