After upgrading my Z10 to 10.1 on AT&T, my battery life was great. But after my first re-boot (I switched to my spare battery at the end of the day), my battery life has been awful. I'm lucky to make it to lunch with 50% remaining (and apart from some moderate use at the start of my day, my phone sits on my desk in my office on standby).

I always leave BT on (it is 4.0 after all)-- with no previous issues. I am on WiFi at my office. Battery Guru is the only Active Frame. I have four email accounts, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Evernote accounts. I also use WhatsApp. Screen is about 35%.

Instagram is the only sideloaded app (right now). I also have a 64gb SD card (that I formatted in the device). It has all my media (photos, music, etc.). I have since deleted Skype (suspecting it to be the culprit).

I should emphasize, I didn't change anything (settings, apps, etc.) between swapping batteries after my OS upgrade. That is why I am so confused as to what is wrong. I know it is not the battery (the drain is the same regardless of which battery I use at this point).

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    07-19-13 09:15 AM
    Post a screen shot of the Battery Guru graph. Something is running, hard to say what though. Exactly what OS version?
    07-19-13 09:27 AM
    Note: The graph data in the Battery Guru screen shot is from yesterday (so the data at the bottom of the screen--which is current-- does not match the graph data). I have been doing diagnostics this morning so the graph of this morning doesn't fairly represent my usual usage.

Also, I removed my SD card this morning and the drain seems to have slowed down. I'm going to resist jumping to a conclusion until I give it some more time, but I wonder if my phone is continuously indexing my music? I probably have approx. 16-18gb of music. I also have 1,100+ photos. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life on AT&T w/10.1 OS-img_20131338.jpg   Battery Life on AT&T w/10.1 OS-img_20131339.jpg  
    07-19-13 10:10 AM
    Well the graph is showing pretty heavy use be something(s).

Fred
    07-19-13 10:14 AM
    Note: The graph data in the Battery Guru screen shot is from yesterday (so the data at the bottom of the screen--which is current-- does not match the graph data). I have been doing diagnostics this morning so the graph of this morning doesn't fairly represent my usual usage.

Also, I removed my SD card this morning and the drain seems to have slowed down. I'm going to resist jumping to a conclusion until I give it some more time, but I wonder if my phone is continuously indexing my music? I probably have approx. 16-18gb of music. I also have 1,100+ photos. Thoughts?
    I had almost identical behavior also about 1 day after the AT&T 10.1 update. In my case I believe it could be related to BB travel, since right after the bad drain I started getting my old (already completed) trips imported back into BB Travel. Regardless, after about 1 day of horrible battery life it all resolved itself and now the phone is back to lasting about 1 full day with heavy-medium use.
    07-19-13 10:21 AM
    I thought it was just a one-day thing, too. I hoped the phone would "settle" after all of my accounts synced, etc. But It has been 2 weeks since the release of 10.1 on AT&T. It should be settled by now.
    07-19-13 10:30 AM
    So it is definitely tied to my SD card. Here's the graph for today. Most of the day I had the SD card out of the device. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix (besides removing the SD card)?

Battery Life on AT&T w/10.1 OS-img_20131340.png

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:56 PM
    Patriot sd is the only brand I use anymore. No more problems with full size or mini's

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:39 AM