I had read numerous threads of people complaining about poor battery life. If you have already read Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com and are still having problems can I recommend the following.

As per BlackBerry's website, Contact Us - Canada, if there is an issue with your phone while under warranty please CALL YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER. Please politely file a formal complaint about the battery life. The provider may provide some suggestions to improve battery life, but they will also log the complaint.

In return, if enough people file battery complaints BB may actually recall problem batteries and issue new ones. Alternatively, if is a software issue its possible these complaints will motivate BB to correct the software issues. Keep in mind most previous BB devices did not consume as much power as this new all touch device, so if comparing the Z10 to a 9800 or a 9300 there is simply no comparison and the battery life will NEVER be that good, no matter what happens.

It may be a long shot, but calling your provider may be worth the effort.
    Plus I'm sick and tired of all the complaining about battery life (so lets actually do something constructive to fix the issue ! Complaining on here does absolutely NOTHING to fix the problem).

Thanks,
    C
    03-25-13 03:05 AM
    Hey,

Even I had same problem with my Z10... I went to the service center and even thought of returning my Z10 and get back to 9900 but I happened to meet another proud Z10 owner who helped me a lot.
    Firstly, for almost 15 to 20 Days, you would get crappy Battery Backup... My Z10 used to die in less than 4 Hours.
    So I read through many blogs and found that first 15 - 20 days your Z10 tries to sync with the network and BB backend as well.
    After 2 weeks of use, Try Draining out your battery completely and charge it completely, do this Twice and trust me, you would find an awesome difference in your battery backup...

I used to get less than 4 Hours of backup and now I am getting 12-13 Hours easily...!!! If I change my network to 2G from 3G, I get an additional 2 to 3 hours...!!!!

Trust Me, It actually works this way...!

Cheers....
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-25-13 06:50 AM
    Yeah, the battery does need some time to settle in on the Z10 for sure. If you still have issues after a couple of weeks then it may indeed by a faulty battery or worse still a hardware issue that requires a replacement. If it is software or app related then updates of the OS or app will hopefully sort it out. I used to only get around 8 to 10 hours on moderate usage with my Z10. Now I get between 14 to 18 hours on moderate usage at a minimum.
    03-25-13 07:04 AM