Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
Like Tree3Likes
  1. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Fixed! "Battery life still bad after update"

    This is not a bashing thread, just trying to find out what we have in common in battery usage profile.

    So:

    1. I am on Rogers
    2. have updated to 10.0.10.85
    3. The phone has restarted once during installation process
    4. I have pulled battery once
    5. I have run depleting&charging cycle twice.
    6. I have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Evernote accounts all setup.
    7. I have 10 email accounts (yeah I am what they called BlackBerry people ), 7 of them are EAS, 2 IMAP and one pop I believe. 7 of them syncs more than email (with calendar and or contacts).
    8. Turned off everything except wifi and network
    9. Turned off LTE.
    10. apps usually running are moon+ reader, BX battery info, CB10, sometimes twitter, browser and tapatalk

    For today, it was 75% after 2 hours, 25% after 6 hours.

    When I am writing this it occurs to me that I may just have too many accounts need to be synced up. But I like to hear from you:

    *What your battery life and usage profile looks like?*


    Thanks!



    Edit: after all the twicking, today the battery usage was about 4.2% per hour, which is completely acceptable for me.

    I believe what I did was basically removed as much push account as possible... can't think of anything else I did... I did add back the Evernote account because I can roll without it.
    Last edited by aha; 03-04-2013 at 06:48 PM.
  2. FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,639 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,362 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Nothing will ever get you battery life with all of the apps you have setup on your device. You're lucky to get the battery life you get now...consider it a blessing. You'd need a 5 amp battery to keep up with what most others get using the stock 1.8 amp battery. There are better ways to handle e-mail other than setting up 7 accounts...that you'd get way with setting up only 2 or 3. 7 EAS accounts and every social media app automatically updating, and you complain about poor battery life? You've got to kidding --
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
    jvictor77 likes this.
  3. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,659 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,660 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    It's March 2nd and I just got another notification for a new update. (I'm on Rogers) This is the forth update now. This one says it has to do with battery life. That's on top of the first update last Thursday that had partly to do with the same thing.

    Posted via CB10
  4. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    I didn't know how many accounts are acceptable because I always had that many accounts on my previous BBs.

    In the meantime, for the crackberrians who still have bad battery life after update, do you have so many accounts as I do? More or less?
    Last edited by aha; 03-02-2013 at 10:55 PM.
  5. canderson85's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    What do you expect?

    Posted via CB10
  6. DAY1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    207 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    @ OP. All I can suggest is to auto-forward all your email accounts to a dummy gmail account.

    My experience was that gmail was instant delivery of the one POP account that I had forwarded to it.

    Worth a try.

    You'd have to uninstall all the rest of your email accounts on the device or else you'd get 2 of every email.
    Nokia 2160 Motorola E815 Blackberry 8830 9700 Z10
    bungaboy likes this.
  7. pmachado's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I can vouch for improved battery life with the latest update. I'm in no way running the amount of items as the OP. As a previous poster mentioned I would try consolidating all those email accounts if possible.

    Posted via CB10
  8. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAY1000 View Post
    @ OP. All I can suggest is to auto-forward all your email accounts to a dummy gmail account.

    My experience was that gmail was instant delivery of the one POP account that I had forwarded to it.

    Worth a try.

    You'd have to uninstall all the rest of your email accounts on the device or else you'd get 2 of every email.
    Thanks! But if I reply an email forwarded to my dummy Gmail account, would it be sent from this dummy account?
  9. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default Re: Battery life still bad after update

    Down to 3 EAS Accounts, all the rest are now IMAP. Will see how this goes.
  10. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,722 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Oh the beauty of BIS handling all the email account polling and only using data when there are emails present.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
  11. DAY1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    207 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Thanks! But if I reply an email forwarded to my dummy Gmail account, would it be sent from this dummy account?
    Yes, I believe it would. I guess that could be a problem, right?
    Nokia 2160 Motorola E815 Blackberry 8830 9700 Z10
  12. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default Re: Battery life still bad after update

    No big deal... I got so many emails because with BIS I can, and because BlackBerry doesn't support multiple Gmail calendars, so my way of dealing with it was to have multiple Gmail accounts. Now I just have to consolidate them.
  13. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,142 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #13  

    Default

    I think now after the update CalDav will handle multiple calendars from Gmail.....
  14. TheUnknownUser's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    454 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    One thing you can do if you haven't already is reduce how often they syncs happen or set to manual for the ones you don't use often

    Posted via CB10
  15. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default Re: Battery life still bad after update

    Off the charger now.
  16. turbodmac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    3 Rogers accounts, 1 Hotmail, 1 Gmail, Google Cal, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn with brightness about 75% , on Rogers with LTE and BT on. Battery has been excellent since update.
  17. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default Re: Battery life still bad after update

    Quote Originally Posted by turbodmac View Post
    3 Rogers accounts, 1 Hotmail, 1 Gmail, Google Cal, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn with brightness about 75% , on Rogers with LTE and BT on. Battery has been excellent since update.
    Are the email accounts all on push or some of them are on pulling?

    When you say great, would you please give any numbers?
  18. turbodmac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Are the email accounts all on push or some of them are on pulling?

    When you say great, would you please give any numbers?
    All on push. I have no hard numbers, but under my normal usage it lasts all day.
  19. PN009's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    204 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Not going too well for me... dropped to 70% since 9 am this morning. Just a few minutes per session of browsing through CB for fixes on the issue....

    I've got just 4 email accounts, LinkedIn, fb(just signed in... barely use it)

    Turned on Wifi now in hopes it will help conserve battery. I'm on HSPA... not even on LTE...

    Posted via CB10
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You only live once - if you opt out of cryogenics and cloning
  20. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default Re: Battery life still bad after update

    Quote Originally Posted by turbodmac View Post
    All on push. I have no hard numbers, but under my normal usage it lasts all day.
    Got to be something else....

    Okay, after I reduced number of emails on EAS, the battery usage per hour has reduced from 12.5% to 10%.

    After that, for the accounts on IMAP I removed "Use push if Supported" setting so they are on 30 min polling interval. In this hour the usage is still 10%.

    The overall email accounts are unchanged. In both hours I was reading a book with moon+ reader, which prevents the display going dark, and on wifi with usually email receiving and some browsing and posting.

    I think the next is to turn off Evernote syncing because you don't have it and I read some posts mentioning it's a battery hogging app... This should confirm it.
  21. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,730 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default Re: Battery life still bad after update

    Quote Originally Posted by PN009 View Post
    Not going too well for me... dropped to 70% since 9 am this morning. Just a few minutes per session of browsing through CB for fixes on the issue....

    I've got just 4 email accounts, LinkedIn, fb(just signed in... barely use it)

    Turned on Wifi now in hopes it will help conserve battery. I'm on HSPA... not even on LTE...

    Posted via CB10
    Signal strength is a huge factor too, but there isn't a lot we can do about it.
    UMLD likes this.
  22. BlackStormRising's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy
    #22  

    Default

    I didn't notice any improvement after the update, but I have seen a significant improvement today with LTE off. I think I can live with this situation and turn on LTE only when needed.

    Posted via CB10
  23. BB_Junky's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    PIN
    SILENCE !!!!!
    #23  

    Default Battery life still bad after update

    Reporting some one because they told you something you didnt like because you are whining? .....way to get people to care.


    Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Sent from my AWESOME Z30 on 10.2.1.2102
  24. StutterStep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    923 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Problem is you have a bunch of active frame open and some 3rd party ones drain the battery quick.
  25. semperfi45's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I have 3 email accounts and have been on phone since getting it most of the day. No music no videos checking stocks and generally working out how to use Z 10. With Telus. Getting 16.5 hours with time to spare. Turn off at 9 PM and charge over night.

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    This is not a bashing thread, just trying to find out what we have in common in battery usage profile.

    So:

    1. I am on Rogers
    2. have updated to 10.0.10.85
    3. The phone has restarted once during installation process
    4. I have pulled battery once
    5. I have run depleting&charging cycle twice.
    6. I have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Evernote accounts all setup.
    7. I have 10 email accounts (yeah I am what they called BlackBerry people ), 7 of them are EAS, 2 IMAP and one pop I believe. 7 of them syncs more than email (with calendar and or contacts).
    8. Turned off everything except wifi and network
    9. Turned off LTE.
    10. apps usually running are moon+ reader, BX battery info, CB10, sometimes twitter, browser and tapatalk

    For today, it was 75% after 2 hours, 25% after 6 hours.

    When I am writing this it occurs to me that I may just have too many accounts need to be synced up. But I like to hear from you:

    *What your battery life and usage profile looks like?*


    Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Battery life is terrible after OS update
    By jaleelhamid in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 05:56 PM
  2. Battery life is amazing after OS update
    By Mister Sir in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 06:24 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
  4. Serious use for 15 hours and 85% battery life still left in .86
    By Optimusv2 in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
  5. Battery Life.... Seriously Bad With Replacement...
    By bwhite757 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions