I know many of z10 users are complaining about battery life!!

HERE what's sorts the problem!
    Try to close all unused active frames.
    I keep just weather on and battery disk app always open! Everything switched on apart 4G!

Battery lasts 24hours!!

(when I first bought it it used to be emptied in about8hours! )

Love my Z10

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-15-13 02:20 PM
    Weather drains battery like a mad man. BeWeather Pro does for me anyway.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @RealMookieMook for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-15-13 02:26 PM
    I've got Accuweather no problems at all

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:35 PM
    I don't use a continuous weather app, but always remember to look in ANY app that updates itself and set the interval that best suits your needs; longer intervals equals less battery consumption, in general.

For me, it's F1 Live 24, ATP / WTA Live (tennis), and UFC.TV apps.

During tennis matches I drop the update interval to 15 seconds if it's a key match, if it's one I'm less interested in I bump it to every 2 minutes, or turn off auto update completely and just do a pull to refresh.

F1 Live 24 does an automatic push during live practice, qualifying and races AND if you leave it open during non event times, will scare the pants off you with news story pushes (F1 car sound zooming past you) - go ahead, make the mistake of leaving it running when you go to sleep. I never leave it open, so no battery drain.

Similar for UFC.

Always explore your app settings is the lesson!

Posted via CB10
    tw1g_007 likes this.
    06-15-13 03:12 PM
    I don't use a continuous weather app, but always remember to look in ANY app that updates itself and set the interval that best suits your needs; longer intervals equals less battery consumption, in general.

For me, it's F1 Live 24, ATP / WTA Live (tennis), and UFC.TV apps.

During tennis matches I drop the update interval to 15 seconds if it's a key match, if it's one I'm less interested in I bump it to every 2 minutes, or turn off auto update completely and just do a pull to refresh.

F1 Live 24 does an automatic push during live practice, qualifying and races AND if you leave it open during non event times, will scare the pants off you with news story pushes (F1 car sound zooming past you) - go ahead, make the mistake of leaving it running when you go to sleep. I never leave it open, so no battery drain.

Similar for UFC.

Always explore your app settings is the lesson!

Posted via CB10
    While this is solid advice, I don't even think accuweather has such options.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @RealMookieMook for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-15-13 03:20 PM
    Ok I have decided to set BeWeather at 3hr intervals. Gonna see how this effects my battery life.

06-15-13 03:26 PM
    If you're keeping the frame open its still going to be pulling info. That's why they call it an active frame!

I have on app open, Wallpaper HD so the status bar can display the weather. That's it and I still can't get a full day out of this battery. Took it off the charger at 8:30 AM, it's now 4:30 PM and I'm down to 32%. That with little use, it's just not making it 12 hours.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-15-13 03:39 PM
    For me, the thing which changed my battery life the most is changing the email from Push to about 1hour sync intervals. That gave me an extra 3-4 hours!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 05:43 PM
    For me, the thing which changed my battery life the most is changing the email from Push to about 1hour sync intervals. That gave me an extra 3-4 hours!

Posted via CB10
    If that worked, something is wrong. The opposite is true, true push uses virtually no battery as the email is pushed to your device,its not an action the phone performs, whereas syncing mail actually has the phone periodically polling the mail server (actively checking for mail, check&fetch)at whatever intervals you have it set for. That's why true push email gets to your phone almost as soon as the server receives it and sync email will arrive at the next poll interval, whether that be every 15min, 1 hour, 2hrs...etc. The closer the the polling/sync intervals are the more battery you'll use. The being said, either you got your terms reversed or something else is going on, as push doesn't really effect battery consumption.
    Carterbits likes this.
    06-15-13 08:04 PM
    Lol I made that mistake with F1 back when I first got it!

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    06-15-13 08:49 PM
    I was just at Best Buy Mobile today and the sales guy said he gets great battery life now that he disabled NFC. I don't have the Z10 yet, but it makes sense. Can anyone else verify if this helps?
    yvpan1 and 19GhostRider71 like this.
    06-15-13 08:54 PM
    I know many of z10 users are complaining about battery life!!

HERE what's sorts the problem!
    Try to close all unused active frames.
    I keep just weather on and battery disk app always open! Everything switched on apart 4G!

Battery lasts 24hours!!

(when I first bought it it used to be emptied in about8hours! )

Love my Z10

Posted via CB10
    I'm too anal to leave active frames open, maybe that's why I never have the worst issues. I think the biggest difference is being on wifi. My phone lasts over 12 hours of pretty good usage if I'm on wifi the whole time.
    06-15-13 09:23 PM
    Uh yeah that doesn't work for me at all

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:23 PM
    The battery just sucks, period. 1800mAh, what was BB thinking.
    06-15-13 09:26 PM
    I usually keep a few non updating active frames open, because I'm lazy over night and there wasn't any noticeable drain. Live updating ones probably use some battery.
    06-15-13 09:27 PM
    The battery just sucks, period. 1800mAh, what was BB thinking.
    Would you rather have had a thicker phone? I personally wouldn't have. More battery life would be nice though. The problem is, battery technology just isn't up to par with electronics technology. These LTE phones are insanely fast but they also seem to be battery wasting monsters, not to mention how much we actually are USING our phones since they do so much for us these days. Some sort of new/better battery technology would be great, simply putting a big *** battery in your phone shouldn't be the answer.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    06-15-13 10:00 PM
    I was just at Best Buy Mobile today and the sales guy said he gets great battery life now that he disabled NFC. I don't have the Z10 yet, but it makes sense. Can anyone else verify if this helps?
    Turning off the NFC does help, but even with it turned off the battery life on my Z10 still sucks.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:04 PM
    Just because it's "SORTED" for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone else. Sorted??
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-15-13 11:13 PM
    If that worked, something is wrong. The opposite is true, true push uses virtually no battery as the email is pushed to your device,its not an action the phone performs, whereas syncing mail actually has the phone periodically polling the mail server (actively checking for mail, check&fetch)at whatever intervals you have it set for. That's why true push email gets to your phone almost as soon as the server receives it and sync email will arrive at the next poll interval, whether that be every 15min, 1 hour, 2hrs...etc. The closer the the polling/sync intervals are the more battery you'll use. The being said, either you got your terms reversed or something else is going on, as push doesn't really effect battery consumption.
    The concept you described is correct. But your phone still uses significant cycles /battery to receive push information! Radio communication will always be expensive

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:51 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 01:38 AM
    Using the latest leak 2354, I get about 20 hours with tons of surfing, bbm, whatsapp, and emails. I only use the phone for about 30 min of calls.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 01:40 AM
    Nfc's the only connection that doesn't use battery.... it only uses battery when transfering. Check the nfc settings, you can use it when your phones off.
    06-16-13 02:10 AM
    The concept you described is correct. But your phone still uses significant cycles /battery to receive push information! Radio communication will always be expensive

Posted via CB10
    That's true that the radio is in use, but only during downloads of pushed email and the battery drain is insignificant. I tested this on my work phone, a 9930, by blocking my email for one work day, an average of 40 to 60 emails a day. The following day I enable email and push,and again left the phone unused at my desk. And average of 2% more drain receiving push email compared to no email. When I repeated the process using sync, set for 10min intervals, my battery drain was an additional 29% over the same period. I lost a $25 dollar bet to our IT guy over this, hence going to such extremes testing this. I had bet that the sync mail would have only garnered no more than a 10% drain increase. I lost. The point being that even though the radio is active and there is an exchange during mail download with push, the drain is insignificant compared to sync. Of course larger volumes of email during the period would have increased the drain somewhat, but still insignificant in the scheme of things.
    DocDRM likes this.
    06-16-13 04:07 PM
    Does 12+ hours/charge really suck? I currently get more than 12 hours on average with regular usage. With my regular use, I'm quite Ok with that.
    I'm sure there are some with less than stellar performance out of their battery, but most of us aren't (or we're just not anal enough to think our battery life is that bad).
    There are a plethora of threads pertaining to this subject, and each and every one of them have tips to increase battery life. One of them is to just have patience...the battery does get better over use. Updates have also extended the battery life.
    ******** about the battery life gets you nowhere...do your research on here. If, after you've done your diligence and not been able to rectify the issue, there's more than likely a hardware issue. No product is perfect. Not even BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-16-13 04:35 PM
    I found leaving wifi on to be my biggest battery drain.

I leave NFC off for security reasons. I have no objection to NFC, but I'd sort of like to be watching the phone if I am using it. I haven't found a need for it yet, though I ordered some tags to play with. From looking around the net, NTAG203 is what you need.
    06-16-13 04:56 PM
29 12