My z-10 is great about suggesting words as I type. After many months of use this is the ONLY positive thing I can say.
    I update the OS two weeks ago. Battery used to last 6-10 hours if phone was idle; after the update it barely lasts one-two hours I have turned off all apps. USing just email, text and voice. In the office I use Wifi for downloading email. no matter. If i actually use the phone to talk, it dies after 20-30 minutes.

I have installed two battery booster programs and they did not help. I waited ten days because someone told me that minor updates keep trickling in that might be drawing down the battery. I turn the phone off once a day completely, nothing helps.

My next step is to buy a Samsung Note 3, unless someone has a brilliant suggestion.

I have been a blackberry loyalist since 2000 but the company now seems to have a death wish.

Artesia 90701.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-09-14 06:44 PM
    Did you update via OTA or loading a leak,
    04-09-14 06:49 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset yet by holding the volume button but if you have a stl100-1 use the power button ,, also you could try a security wipe. And set up like new I wouldn't do a back up.
    04-09-14 06:50 PM
    Who is your carrier? Do you get a good radio signal while at work? 6-10 hrs at idle is way to low. My battery doesn't hardly move if idle that long

STL-4. 10.2.1.2947 w/ 1259 clock
    04-09-14 06:52 PM
    I understand you're upset, but you shouldn't base your decision on one OS update giving you issues that most users don't have. Do you think every iOS or Android OS update results in 100% happy customers?

You were right that sometimes it takes a few days to a couple weeks to "settle in" after updating. But sounds like you're past there.

First thing I would do is a device reset. (NOT exactly same as a Restart.)
    Hold down the top key and do not release. Ignore onscreen options to Restart, turn off, etc.
    Wait for red LED. After it turns and then off, release the top key right away.

Anything any better after that reboot? (I guess may take couple days to know...)
    you have a bad installation or bad apps.
    04-09-14 06:53 PM
    Why bother complaining?! Back up your phone, wipe it and reload the OS! If you don't have an official 10.2.1 OS released from your carrier, do some research on CB and find an autoloader from another carrier that other users like yourself have loaded.

Buying a completely new phone out of frustration is something I never understood. In my opinion, that phone better be dead and laid to rest before you should ever have to reach that point.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 09:42 PM
    I understand you're upset, but you shouldn't base your decision on one OS update giving you issues that most users don't have. Do you think every iOS or Android OS update results in 100% happy customers?

You were right that sometimes it takes a few days to a couple weeks to "settle in" after updating. But sounds like you're past there.

First thing I would do is a device reset. (NOT exactly same as a Restart.)
    Hold down the top key and do not release. Ignore onscreen options to Restart, turn off, etc.
    Wait for red LED. After it turns and then off, release the top key right away.

Anything any better after that reboot? (I guess may take couple days to know...)
    Do the restart explained above. Also, turn ur phone off and pull the battery for an hour. you may need to do the once for 2 or 3 days in a row and it will fix the issue. I know it's a pain and don't exactly know why it does it but this works. I've done it on my last 2 updates and battery went back to what is was before.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:14 AM
    I found that the imap sync is really killing the battery. There is no reason to sync so often. The default is 30 minutes. I set it to 4 hours except for my main email account, which I put to one hour.

Sync doesn't effect email delivery. What you are syncing is your drafts.

I noticed this battery drain after the 10.2 update. I used the battery monitor and noticed all sorts of activity while I was sleeping. Now if you remember to leave your phone on the charger, no big deal. If you forget to put the phone on the charger, it will sync every imap account 16 times which you sleep for 8 hours, and the phone will be near dead in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 02:18 AM
    Do the restart explained above. Also, turn ur phone off and pull the battery for an hour. you may need to do the once for 2 or 3 days in a row and it will fix the issue. I know it's a pain and don't exactly know why it does it but this works. I've done it on my last 2 updates and battery went back to what is was before.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous. Blackberry will know exactly what is causing these issues. They should either fix it or tell people what a suitable workaround is. As with the Q10 double type issue they prefer to keep your money and say nothing.
    04-10-14 03:34 AM
    I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous. Blackberry will know exactly what is causing these issues. They should either fix it or tell people what a suitable workaround is. As with the Q10 double type issue they prefer to keep your money and say nothing.
    Hmm......maybe. However, I have no issues with the latest update. So possibly an app is causing it??...which is not a specifically Blackberry issue. Just sayin'
    04-10-14 03:48 AM
    Wipe and reflash,problem solved...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:26 AM
    Wipe and reflash,problem solved...

Posted via CB10
    +1 It's a pain but the OTA update process for the Z10 is not entirely reliable, and often leads to an unstable device. Security wipe your phone, then reflash the OS from an autoloader, and your problem will evaporate. Don't restore from backup.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:16 AM
    +1 It's a pain but the OTA update process for the Z10 is not entirely reliable, and often leads to an unstable device. Security wipe your phone, then reflash the OS from an autoloader, and your problem will evaporate. Don't restore from backup.

Posted via CB10
    You are actually applying a workaround solution in doing this because the required seamless ota update does not work reliably. They need to fix it properly, not expect end users to flail around looking for solutions.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-10-14 07:31 AM
    You are actually applying a workaround solution in doing this because the required seamless ota update does not work reliably. They need to fix it properly, not expect end users to flail around looking for solutions.
    Yep, agreed, the OTA process is garbage, BlackBerry will never fix it, so the only positive outcome is to ensure as many people as possible implement this workaround as opposed to writing off their $500 investment...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:49 AM
    If a process fixes a problem, whether it is labeled a work around or a fix or whatever, who cares. No update always goes perfectly for any OS be it is or Android. Most people don't have issues with OTA. Most don't have issues using Link. Most don't have issues loading a leak through an autoloader or thru Sachesi.

OP, try reloading the OS thru Link or thru Sachesi or an auto loader. Most likely the problem is an incomplete/corrupted OS. It could also be an app, but try the reset as suggested above. Then go to a reload. Good luck.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-10-14 01:31 PM
    I updated over the air. it took 2-3 hours; but it should not matter once update is complete and phone is re-booted? It was connected to AC power all this while and update was completed several days ago.
    04-11-14 06:56 PM
    My carrier is Verison and I do have a decent but not superstrong signal at work; The carrier did not give any issues until this OS update and we have 4 other phones on Verizon that have no trouble at the same location. I have blamed Verizon for many things over the years but this one is definitely a RIM/BB issue.
    04-11-14 07:02 PM
    ok am trying this, keeping fingers crossed
    04-11-14 07:09 PM
    Carmels
    I have been in the tech business for over 20 years. 110% of the time the hardware suppliers blames the software (and always the other guy's software). I think it is shameful that BB sends me dozens of notifications asking me to update the OS and then does not bother to send updates saying that the update is crap or could be crap and here is why. The company discarded its own software to buy the OS for the BB10. But it is a disaster and their customer service is a bigger disaster; I am going to try some of the suggestions here but we should not pretend that BB management is anything but CRAPPY at this time. I am no fan of Apple but the BB 10 disaster makes me appreciate why people love their silly iphones and tolerate non replacable batteries, no flash and a small screent. We have three iphone in my family and no one has had to put up with this stuff.
    04-11-14 07:16 PM
    I agree with you sixpacker;
    04-11-14 07:16 PM
    I don't care what they call it if it works; but BB should be providing the answers, not you and me as users; also self-checking the integrity of a software or OS update has been a function that is available for 25 years; if the programmers at BB headquarters are so incompetent that that did not think of this, they should move a few hundred miles further north; this disaster is totally avoidable and BB is losing many loyal customers by its silence and apathy;
    04-11-14 07:21 PM
    When I walk into a room I want the light to come on. It really ticks me off that I have got to turn the switch on to make it work. I hate work arounds.

So, after a software update, If I have to reboot a few times and remove my battery to help it settle in, I not that worried cause its easier than turning on that light switch every time.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 08:10 PM
    When I walk into a room I want the light to come on. It really ticks me off that I have got to turn the switch on to make it work. I hate work arounds.

So, after a software update, If I have to reboot a few times and remove my battery to help it settle in, I not that worried cause its easier than turning on that light switch every time.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you. That's why I installed lutron motion sensors in the house. The only exception was the bedroom as I couldn't find a good setting to turn the lights only when enter the room and not during sleep. It drives me crazy to manage that single switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 08:25 PM
33 12