Hey,
    I pre-ordered a Z10 yesterday at Best Buy Mobile! I am kinda concerned about the battery life though....
    I currently have a Galaxy Note i717 with an extended 5300mAh battery and I have two backup 5300mAh batteries (in case). I go through two of them per day which is about 10,600mAh of juice (with continuous use- tweeting,internet surfing, etc.) It might be the cross between Android OS and the giant 5.3 inch, 800x1280, screen and AT&T LTE. My day starts around 10am and I am usually out until around 11pm.

Should I be concerned about the battery life on the Z10? Should I order the extra battery+charger?
    03-13-13 04:41 PM
    I think you have the answer in your own question. Compare the size of your batteries and the Z10 's.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:45 PM
    After the first update, mine improved dramatically. Keep in mind the first bit, that the phone is learning and adapting to you and your typing style etc, dictionary etc.
    03-13-13 04:45 PM
    Loving the battery after Bell update. I know it drains a bit when I am on my home Wi-Fi (synching DropBox, Box etc). I am on LTE and my screen is on full brightness. I have used the phone moderately today from 9am (Facebook, CB10, News, Stocks, few text msgs, 30 min phone call, 5 emails, Twitter)
    Right now it is almost 6pm and I have around 76% battery life.
    03-13-13 04:51 PM
    Honestly, all this battery talk really depends on your carrier and network connection. You can have a million updates, but if your carriers' network is crap you are going to get crap battery life.

Prior to the latest OS update, with 3G on I used to get MAX 10-12 hours with brightness at the lowest setting and light-moderate usage. Just on standby my phone was using 5% battery.

After the update, not much changed for me and battery life stayed the same the same. Today however I dropped my connection from 3G to 2G only and It's now been a little over 4 hours with a light-moderate usage and my battery life is still at 85%. At this rate, I will easily be able to go throughout the whole day.
    03-14-13 03:45 AM
    Some tips to conserve your battery charge to remove vibration mode, turn off your flashlights, Bluetooth, auto brightness, avoid supplementary uses in some special features like video, avoid moving or animated background and screensaver, charge your battery correctly and store in cool place.

Hope you it useful

Welcome to Camelion Battery
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-15-13 02:30 AM
    Honestly, all this battery talk really depends on your carrier and network connection. You can have a million updates, but if your carriers' network is crap you are going to get crap battery life.

Prior to the latest OS update, with 3G on I used to get MAX 10-12 hours with brightness at the lowest setting and light-moderate usage. Just on standby my phone was using 5% battery.

After the update, not much changed for me and battery life stayed the same the same. Today however I dropped my connection from 3G to 2G only and It's now been a little over 4 hours with a light-moderate usage and my battery life is still at 85%. At this rate, I will easily be able to go throughout the whole day.
    Same situation here. I am thinking to send my phone to the service center soon. I think its quite bad even if we are not using the phone, the battery is still draining.
    03-15-13 03:07 AM
    Same situation here. I am thinking to send my phone to the service center soon. I think its quite bad even if we are not using the phone, the battery is still draining.
    Uhhh...might wanna read the comment you're replying to more carefully. He was saying battery life is good for him. Mine has been excellent better, but my previous phone was a Nexus 4.

Honestly, if you're going through 10k+mAh of battery per day, you're gonna need 2 spare batteries or more for your Z10. That should be pretty obvious.
    03-15-13 03:11 AM
    In my case, don't have any issues with the battery, and haven't done any tweaks to preserve power. Not running LTE, as my provider do not supports it.

The phone can make it close to 24h with quite, well, not heavy exactly but for sure over moderate usage.

The battery pack, never really needed it, but only when forgot to charge the phone during the night.

Me on 10.0.10.90 OS

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:19 AM
    Update:

Dropping my phone from 3G to 2G and raising brightness to a 50% with moderate-heavy usage got me to 22hrs with 15% battery remaining. I'm not suggesting to use 2G but it goes to show how different networks give huge varying times.

My friend uses his phone on 3G but in a different city with the same carrier but gets around 24hrs battery life.
    yalo likes this.
    03-15-13 03:22 AM
    Uhhh...might wanna read the comment you're replying to more carefully. He was saying battery life is good for him. Mine has been excellent better, but my previous phone was a Nexus 4.

Honestly, if you're going through 10k+mAh of battery per day, you're gonna need 2 spare batteries or more for your Z10. That should be pretty obvious.
    Coming from a curve, still not used to the battery life. Ha. But hope BB future update will make the battery life better and better.
    03-15-13 03:22 AM
    I think that explain the reason why different people experiencing different battery life.

I think i will be on 2G too else it cant last me thru the day with my usage.
    Update:

Dropping my phone from 3G to 2G and raising brightness to a 50% with moderate-heavy usage got me to 22hrs with 15% battery remaining. I'm not suggesting to use 2G but it goes to show how different networks give huge varying times.

My friend uses his phone on 3G but in a different city with the same carrier but gets around 24hrs battery life.
    03-15-13 03:28 AM
    Battery is a not a big issue. Battery's performance is ok with 3G on I get more than 24 hours, light usage.
    03-15-13 04:03 AM
    You can get a day of light usage. Not good enough on the road, but the battery accessory is wonderful.
    I also use my laptop to recharge.
    I would say about 20% worst than the 9900.
    I don't have the update, not available in third world countries like France.
    Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:24 PM
    You can get a day of light usage. Not good enough on the road, but the battery accessory is wonderful.
    I also use my laptop to recharge.
    I would say about 20% worst than the 9900.
    I don't have the update, not available in third world countries like France.
    Posted via CB10
    Try to update via Link using the "Reload" option - looks like works for many in past couple of days with unlocked Z10s.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:54 PM
    Everybody's experience with battery life varies... Some people have to swap batteries after 6 hours, and some last all day. depends on usage and what apps you use or have running in your active frames. For me personally, I have LTE and Wifi always on, even in crappy service areas. I normally close apps when I'm done with them, and won't have an active frame up usually longer than an hour or two depending on what I'm doing. With that kind of usage, my phone comes off the charger at 630am, and I usually have between 10-20% left by midnight before I toss it back on the charger.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:34 PM
    [QUOTE=Baseball619;8133917]Everybody's experience with battery life varies... Some people have to swap batteries after 6 hours, and some last all day. depends on usage and what apps you use or have running in your active frames. For me personally, I have LTE and Wifi always on, even in crappy service areas. I normally close apps when I'm done with them, and won't have an active frame up usually longer than an hour or two depending on what I'm doing. With that kind of usage, my phone comes off the charger at 630am, and I usually have between 10-20% left by midnight before I toss it back on the charger. So all in all, you're looking at 18-20 hours with moderate use.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:33 PM
    Get the Extra Battery Bundle Charger. works miracles. easy to charge both at the same time

Hey,
    I pre-ordered a Z10 yesterday at Best Buy Mobile! I am kinda concerned about the battery life though....
    I currently have a Galaxy Note i717 with an extended 5300mAh battery and I have two backup 5300mAh batteries (in case). I go through two of them per day which is about 10,600mAh of juice (with continuous use- tweeting,internet surfing, etc.) It might be the cross between Android OS and the giant 5.3 inch, 800x1280, screen and AT&T LTE. My day starts around 10am and I am usually out until around 11pm.

Should I be concerned about the battery life on the Z10? Should I order the extra battery+charger?
    03-17-13 02:01 AM
    EVERYBODY PLEASE TAKE NOTE HERE !!

as mentioned by somebody in this forum, he turned off the "Allow Gestures when Locked" in the settings/display, and experienced longer battery life. I did this to test it out. this works 100%, whether or not u're a heavy or light user. i'm a heavy user, use facebook, calendar, bbm, whatsapp, browser, CB10, remember, emails constantly. before using that move as suggested, i can only last till late afternoon from 9am before going yellow on battery. now i can last approximately 4 hrs more.

SPREAD THIS INFO IT TO UR FRIENDS!
    Last edited by hadigunawan; 03-17-13 at 04:07 AM.
    03-17-13 03:55 AM

as mentioned by somebody in this forum, he turned off the "Allow Gestures when Locked" in the settings/display, and experienced longer battery life. I did this to test it out. this works 100%, whether or not u're a heavy or light user. i'm a heavy user, use facebook, calendar, bbm, whatsapp, browser, CB10, remember, emails constantly. before using that move as suggested, i can only last till late afternoon from 9am before going yellow on battery. now i can last approximately 4 hrs more.

please like/thank if you have tried this as well and worked for you. AND SPREAD THIS INFO IT TO UR FRIENDS!
    are you getting a bonus for the likes?
    do not beg for them please...:thumbdown:
    03-17-13 04:04 AM
    are you getting a bonus for the likes?
    do not beg for them please...:thumbdown:
    didnt know it hurt u so badly inside. now done to your liking boss.
    03-17-13 04:08 AM
    didnt know it hurt u so badly inside. now done to your liking boss.
    didn't hurt me, just sounded to me not very nice.
    I do not want to start a fight about it, sorry if I insulted you..
    03-17-13 04:20 AM

SPREAD THIS INFO IT TO UR FRIENDS!
    I dont see any gesture word in setting/display. Is it same with "swipe to wake"?
    12-25-13 09:49 PM
    Yup that's the one

Subscribe to my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    12-25-13 10:21 PM
  25. Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo's Avatar
    Hi im new to crackberry...
    I just got a BB z10, and was excited that it could run android apps with the new leak. But i got an issue...
    I dont know if its just me or its the battery!... I charged this morning to a 100%. After like 5 minutes or so, it drained to 96%... my swipe to wake is off, and im only on 2G...does that sound reasonable? I only got this phone for 5 days...i updated to leak 10.2.1.1925 the other day..i dont have email synched, deleted apps like facebook, foursquare, linkedin and twitter as i am not into those social apps...i only have google+.... with whatsapp running in the background...and BBM...
    Please anyone...shed a light on me. Im new to the BB os...i think its refreshing, since ive owned a nokia lumia which i sold bcoz of the power button bug. Then i had an android 10.1 note, so i dont really wanna own another android phone with a terrible battery. Thats one major thing i hate with android, bad battery...and apps just runs in the background even after u close em...
    So, anyone who can educate me with this OS and if you think i got battery issues, please notify me. Thank u very much CB peeps! Happy New Year...

PS.
    I also charged it to full.and when i turn it on, its just 98 percent and in a matter of a minute, it drains to 90...its so annoying to think this amazing device has a crappy battery. Just happy that it has removable battery...now im thinking of buying new battery...
    Last edited by Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo; 01-01-14 at 05:09 AM.
    01-01-14 04:53 AM
26 12