When I first started using the phone I was getting phenomenal battery life, I ranted and raved. Today I am lucky to get four hours. I am constantly plugged into a charger.

Why I posted a new thread to add to the hundreds of others is: since the battery played well earlier in its life, I can only assume an app is doing it. I read in another thread that it could be whatsapp, so it's been deleted. I deleted some other apps as well, and still no luck. I never run anything, constantly closing apps when not in use. Wifi is always off, and LTE is not activsted.

Please help. I have been a blackberry user for over ten years, this maybe the last straw ::(((( so disappointed

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:18 AM
    Any side loaded apps?
    I also read BlackBerry Travel is draining batteries.
    03-25-13 12:34 AM
    https://www.apple.com/batteries/maxi...formance/#mn_p

Above are some battery saving and diagnostics recommended by Apple due to their chronic battery issues on their devices.

I think BlackBerry and Crackberry.com have many articles and posts on battery management.

Worse case -do a security wipe ... happens to best of the devices currently in market.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:45 AM
    Are you using any kind of protective case for your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:50 AM
    Deleted BlackBerry travel, Will report. Although I planned on using it, not worth the battery drain.

The apple link is for oxy morons, if you do what they say, you might as well go back to a Motorola razer.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:52 AM
    Deleted BlackBerry travel, Will report. Although I planned on using it, not worth the battery drain.

The apple link is for oxy morons, if you do what they say, you might as well go back to a Motorola razer.

Posted via CB10
    If you really need to use Blackberry Travel this thread should help with the battery issue.
    03-25-13 01:52 AM
    Hey,

Even I had same problem with my Z10... I went to the service center and even thought of returning my Z10 and get back to 9900 but I happened to meet another proud Z10 owner who helped me a lot.
    Firstly, for almost 15 to 20 Days, you would get crappy Battery Backup... My Z10 used to die in less than 4 Hours.
    So I read through many blogs and found that first 15 - 20 days your Z10 tries to sync with the network and BB backend as well.
    After 2 weeks of use, Try Draining out your battery completely and charge it completely, do this Twice and trust me, you would find an awesome difference in your battery backup...

I used to get less than 4 Hours of backup and now I am getting 12-13 Hours easily...!!! If I change my network to 2G from 3G, I get an additional 2 to 3 hours...!!!!

Trust Me, It actually works this way...!

Cheers....
    koolaje likes this.
    03-25-13 06:51 AM