there has to be other underlying reasons for some folks bad battery performance. I was unplugged this morning at 6:20 am, been using it a lot today (more so than usual), still sitting at 45% (3:23 pm)
    12-04-13 02:23 PM
    Anyone claiming 6-8 hours life is constantly on the net, or watching something. 16 hours should be the norm, not an exception (assuming you put the phone down sometimes
    That's a cool story, but it isn't true for many people.

If I get 12 hours, that's an exceptional day, as 8 hours is closer to the norm. The only way I'd get 16 hours is by turning the phone off.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:26 PM
    When you know you're in a terrible or just bad area go to the settings and check the network and connections. You have the option to turn off lte and even just turn your signal down to 2g flat. That should help

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 06:46 PM
    Turn off some of your email syncs or set them to 4 hours or such if they're not important. Saved a lot of battery life for me.

I mean noticeable difference.

Your usage seems to be consisted of PIM services. Apparently, turning off two "push" emails saved me 15-20% idle battery time over 8 hours.
    12-04-13 09:41 PM
    You could try this

Polarcell AKKU Blackberry Z10 Z10 LTE L S1 Acc 51546 201 Bat 47277 003 Battery | eBay

I have mine about 2 days now, not really long enough to be certain but it looks as if it is better, but it could just be the difference between a new battery and a 6 month old battery.
    12-04-13 09:47 PM
    A nice thorough post, but you can't claim this as fact. The many threads and postd about the Z10 battery life suggest otherwise, regardless of lab tests.

Posted via CB10
    and a lot of people concur with daily usage stats.... I'm one of them
    Battery life chuckle-img_00000307.png

12-04-13 10:00 PM
    I'm on twitter all day and the most Iv ever gotten out of my z10 is four hours hope mine is still good

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:00 PM
    Plus it charges fully in under an hour

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:18 PM
    Four hours seems extreme. Most battery tests said that at 100% screen, looping video you should get over 8 hours, and continuous web browsing is over 6 hours. I would imagine complex 3d graphics (extreme games warm the phone up) would cause the battery to flatten quicker. Getting only 4 hours from twitter (no worse than web) sounds like there is a problem. You can buy a new battery for $20-30. Are you on the latest OS? Maybe your battery has seen better days. How old is your phone?

EDIT: just saw your next post. Charging in under an hour is bad. Sounds like a broken battery.
    12-04-13 10:24 PM
    Guess I should be getting a new battery then

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:00 PM
    I would just like some consistency. It's like it could be decent one day and gawd awful another day. I consider good battery life about 12-16 hours with moderate use. I really miss the battery saver mode on OS 7.1. My old Curve 9350 with that tiny 1000 mAh battery had bad battery life, but the battery saver mode was able to make it somewhat bearable when I had it enabled around 50%.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:22 PM
    If you really need to save power, at the expense of functionality (like saver mode), turn the network to 2g, and turn off data connection (settings->network connection->mobile network->data services) and wifi/bluetooth. This means your Z10 is just a phone now, but it will eke out a few more hours in an emergency. If you need net access, use wifi, or turn on the network while you need it.

I realise that nobody would really want to use the Z10 like this - sort of defeats the purpose, but if you are out at night and need your phone for calls when the battery is getting low, then doing this should give you a few hours more.
    12-04-13 11:40 PM
    That's a cool story, but it isn't true for many people.

If I get 12 hours, that's an exceptional day, as 8 hours is closer to the norm. The only way I'd get 16 hours is by turning the phone off.

Posted via CB10
    Lol if I use it lightly (mostly communication and a lot of standby time) I'll barely make it through the day

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:30 AM
    When you know you're in a terrible or just bad area go to the settings and check the network and connections. You have the option to turn off lte and even just turn your signal down to 2g flat. That should help

Posted via CB10
    Not all carriers give you that option. I'm on AT&T and it doesn't.
    12-05-13 12:48 AM
    If you really need to save power, at the expense of functionality (like saver mode), turn the network to 2g, and turn off data connection (settings->network connection->mobile network->data services) and wifi/bluetooth. This means your Z10 is just a phone now, but it will eke out a few more hours in an emergency. If you need net access, use wifi, or turn on the network while you need it.

I realise that nobody would really want to use the Z10 like this - sort of defeats the purpose, but if you are out at night and need your phone for calls when the battery is getting low, then doing this should give you a few hours more.
    Good suggestion but yea like the other guy said not all carriers have that option and mine doesn't (Verizon)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:52 AM
    Z10's battery has been very disappointing to myself and all associates that have them. We are all heavy users mind you. With me, 3 spare batteries and a bundle charger keeps me live through any day.

The battery is simply not big enough. I don't think it's the fault of the phone itself. BlackBerry Z10 'S ask for much more from the battery than legacy devices ever did.

Really though, the spare group of batteries that I use work pretty well so this is not a deal breaker for me. The OEM Batteries and charger are reasonably priced.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    12-05-13 12:53 AM
    and a lot of people concur with daily usage stats.... I'm one of them
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000307.png 
Views:	692 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	227058

Pleased for you man.

A lot of people also don't.
    12-05-13 07:16 AM
    Z10's battery has been very disappointing to myself and all associates that have them. We are all heavy users mind you. With me, 3 spare batteries and a bundle charger keeps me live through any day.

The battery is simply not big enough. I don't think it's the fault of the phone itself. BlackBerry Z10 'S ask for much more from the battery than legacy devices ever did.

Really though, the spare group of batteries that I use work pretty well so this is not a deal breaker for me. The OEM Batteries and charger are reasonably priced.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    Yep, same here.

As much as the Z30 battery is clearly miles better than the Z10, I STILL prefer the option of almost infinite juice, with plenty of spares.
    12-05-13 07:18 AM
    Seems good enough

Attachment 227201

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    Last edited by tushargkwd; 12-05-13 at 08:15 AM.
    12-05-13 08:02 AM
    Plus it charges fully in under an hour

Posted via CB10
    There's a problem there
    12-05-13 02:33 PM
    Depends on what charger he has. But even with the PlayBook charger mine takes longer than that... soooo royally something wrong with his battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:52 PM
    Depends on what charger he has. But even with the PlayBook charger mine takes longer than that... soooo royally something wrong with his battery.

Posted via CB10
    I use the PB charger and I have to say it takes maybe an hour and a half from about 20 percent or below to full. That's one thing that makes the battery life not super terrible is that it recharges quickly.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:05 PM
    The past few days I haven't been putting the phone on a charger but just using the separate battery-only charger (part of the bundle that Crackberry sells). Normally I was charging my Z10 with the one I had from my 9700/9900, and it would completely charge fairly quickly.

The results have been something. 24 hours on a single charge for both batteries. I just swap out the batteries in the morning. My thinking is that the slower battery-only charger definitely requires more time to get a full charge and thus the battery discharges slower as well.

Again I've only been doing this a few days but the results so far have been somewhat amazing. I've never seen this kind of Z10 battery life previously.
    12-06-13 01:42 AM
48 12