To be honest, I don't really notice much. But to be fair, my battery life was really good prior (I guess I was one of the happy with the battery life folks). I've been off the charger for 6 hours, normal usage (E-mails, browsing, a few apps...etc etc) and I'm sitting at 76% ...right about where I would normally be. Dunno
    OK, weird. I'm down to 72%. a 4% drain in just over 2 hours?!?! Its like time just stood still, and I was actually using the device (Twitter, E-mails and CB10) ....WTF?

Not complaining of course ....but WTF?!?!
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    03-01-13 01:21 PM
    Yes, the battery life is very important to me too. Glad to see that a fix will come soon to the UK (or maybe they'll have a sense of humour and not give us it...)

Now I'm just waiting for: BeBuzz, British Airways, BBY Travel and Sky News and that's the ticks in boxes I need.

I don't ask for much but why is it taking so long to get these apps?

You may have to wait a while for anything like the traditional BerryBuzz/BeBuzz, because the OS functionality for complex notification customizations is just not there right now. Nor is there any current support for "background apps" that don't run in an Active Frame.

If I were to guess, I'd say British Airways will probably have an app soon, as well as Sky News. Blackberry Travel many people have asked about and I think it's in the works.

Rome wasn't built in a day. They are approving apps for Blackberry World at the rate of about 1,000 per day right now. I'm not inclined to complain too much about that kind of expansion rate.

Edit: Here's a peek at the Blackberry Travel app which is in development:

http://n4bb.com/look-blackberry-travel-blackberry-10/
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-01-13 at 01:33 PM.
    rjedge54 and BBPandy like this.
    03-01-13 01:22 PM
    I'm really excited to hear this. I'm a us/vzw customer patiently waiting my turn and battery life was one of my nagging 'lets wait and see' concerns.
    I'm curious though (if anyone has insight) as to why they never noticed this before; one would think with all the prior testing (and even Thorsten et al carrying it around) that they would have realized that battery life was meh and adjustments needed to be made. No?
    Might have had bigger fish to fry to get BB10 out the door on time and put that top of the list for the update. Considering it's been 30 days, impressive. My battery life is better since the update, but I was part of the original 'lucky' group that seemed to be doing okay already. I mean, the first few days were dicey, but it seemed to learn after that and improved substantially. Curious, but yeah, any improvements on battery are fantastic!
    03-01-13 01:37 PM
    Awesome news to hear!

That battery life wasn't too bad before; I could get through a whole day. But suppose I crashed at a friend's place for a night and didn't have access to a charger. Having an alive phone in the morning is key! Sounds like with this update I'll be able to get a day and a night out of it. Perfect. Add another reason to the pile of why I love my Z10.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-01-13 01:43 PM
    Yes, the battery life is very important to me too. Glad to see that a fix will come soon to the UK (or maybe they'll have a sense of humour and not give us it...)
    Are you aware of sideloading? Not sure if you want native, but I noticed British Airways and Sky News on goodereader. Haven't tried them (not all sideloaded apps work), but worth a try while you wait?

British Airways: British Airways for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps
    Sky News: Sky News for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps
    rcsgolf likes this.
    03-01-13 01:45 PM
    Great to know!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:47 PM
    Anyone who get really better battery life are using "push mode" for their e-mail account ?
    Yes, I'm using push email. Set for every 15 minutes. I would set to every 5 seconds if I could because "I've got hoes, in different area codes..."
    03-01-13 01:52 PM
    Gotcha . . Thanks . . I knew there had to be a logical explanation.

I'm so ready for this phone =)
    03-01-13 01:57 PM
    Yesterday battery was dead by noon, today after update at 3pm sitting at 55%.

So I would say they definitely optimized the battery.
    03-01-13 02:04 PM
    lol i was wondering why battery was still at 90%. so i'm not just lucky..well, i can say that for "small" update (its not a 10.1 so not major) they really went above my expectations.
    03-01-13 02:48 PM
    Pulled off the charger @ 7:45 am, currently after 5.5 hours sitting at 85%.
    fedakd and chrispmoto like this.
    03-01-13 03:16 PM
    Can anyone comment on battery who has two or more emails on Active Sync with push enabled. Long shot here but can anyone also comment on battery with "Allow gestures when Locked" turned off? Some have suggested it improves battery life but I'm not sure how drastic.

Posted via CB10
    NewLogik likes this.
    03-01-13 03:36 PM
    8 hours off the charger & the battery is still @ 60%, before the update I would have been @ 30%. I'll be switching the LTE back now. This update is very timely as I've got 4 Z10's coming next week for staff. Keep up the good work Team BlackBerry.
    ibpluto, mayoo and elGuapoTorres like this.
    03-01-13 03:44 PM
    I have everything turned on LTE, NFC, blue tooth, WiFi, screen brightness at about 60-70% etc. In using it today with Twitter app, beweather, BBM, lots of emails, a couple of 10 minute phone calls I can report a consistent 5-6% / hour battery drain.
    That is amazing and about double what I was getting before (even closer to 3x better).

I do use push on one email and activesync on two others.

This update makes the phone feel brand new and completely freaking awesome.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-01-13 03:48 PM
    Agreed! So far, from what i can tell, the battery life is amazing! It's almost 5pm and i'm at 70% battery. On wifi/LTE and moderate use, this is a great improvement.

Posted via CB10
    snejpa and elGuapoTorres like this.
    03-01-13 03:49 PM
    I haven't got the update buy my battery life has increased from 16 hours yesterday to estimated 22 hours today (38% left after 14 hours).

The reason is most likely because I ran the battery down to 2% last night before charging it up overnight. Usually I need it to last 18 hours so have to top up in the evening but yesterday I didn't do this.

Very happy - 16 --> 19 hours is great - just the tipping point I need to not have to charge my phone during the day 90% of the time. I'm looking forward to seeing if the update can make it match my Nexus S (25 hours average) which meant that even after a night out I wouldn't need to worry about juice in the morning.
    03-01-13 04:08 PM
    Good news for us, bad news for media naysayers
    not really... the news will say that these were fixes for BUGS and that the BB10 OS is full of bugs and shouldnt be used.
    03-01-13 04:13 PM
    Also, if you doubted this you must not have had a playbook!!!

Playbook battery has gotten SO MUCH better with updates
    03-01-13 04:17 PM
    Telus here. Battery at 20% been on for almost eight hours. I would have been on battery number two after six hours before the OS update. BT on, Wifi off, NFC off, LTE off, swipe to wake on.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:24 PM
    I concur battery has improved. I also agree with an earlier post stating this is probably the most dramatic battery improvement on any Berry platform.
    I didn't change anything as far as connections and so forth but I took the phone off the charger at 6:30am and it's now 2:30pm and I'm at 70%.
    I'm going to turn my LTE back on tomorrow and give that a go!
    03-01-13 04:31 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    looking great so far!
    03-01-13 04:31 PM
    I have noticed an improvement in battery performance since the update.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-01-13 04:40 PM
    Yes I have three emails all set to push the battery is a huge improvement
    03-01-13 04:47 PM
    I am so jealous right now. I want this phone so bad! Hehe

How about the camera update? Notice improvement?
    03-01-13 04:50 PM
    I've noticed a nice improvement as well. Outside of the first couple of days with the phone, my battery life has been decent.

Today - 8 hours off the charger now and on 41% left. Crazy. Heavy use of the phone today between browsing (wifi and data), playing music at the gym, emails, etc.

One major complaint about the Z10 that people should not be able to mention anymore. Really surprised and impressed with the quickness of this update and some of the fixes so far. Should definitely make all Z10 owners that much happier... and will undoubtedly make US buyers a lot happier in a few weeks. Thank you BlackBerry.
    03-01-13 04:57 PM
365 12345 ...