- 03-18-2013, 07:12 PM #2
First try making the screen less brighter
Settings > display > brightness
Then close any unneeded apps and delete unnecessary apps that works in background
Try not have keep your phone in hot places
The hotter the device gets the faster the battery drains, that's why arabs use a lot of chargers -.-
And update your device OS
The new OS improves ur battery's lifetime
Posted via CB10
Last edited by M Ress; 03-18-2013 at 07:23 PM.
- 03-18-2013, 07:21 PM #6
On your end, you can also help by reducing the screen brightness, if you are in a zone where LTE isn't steady you can turn this off (constant searching depletes battery quickly!) There are many other tricks/tips around, just do a quick search! Cheers.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-18-2013, 07:32 PM #9
- 227 Posts
Posted via CB10Curve 8520, Torch 9810, Playbook 64GB, Black Z10.
- 03-18-2013, 10:37 PM #13
Had my phone for 5 days now. Dies every day before the end of the day. No calls, a few texts, wifi on most of the day, received maybe 10 emails each day, maybe 2-3 hours of gaming. Thats about it. (brightness at 50%)
Phone gets hot when I use it for gaming so thats definitely killing the battery life.
Kind of disappointed that I can't last a full day.
I know, it's supposed to get better after a week, but at this point, my initial impression has been destroyed already. Guess thats why so many people are complaining about better life. And the battery hasn't really been getting much better.
Yes, I already have the newest update.
And I've got brightness set at 50%.
I'll update if my battery life miraculously gets better after a week.
- CrackBerry Genius
03-18-2013, 10:55 PM #14
- 3,052 Posts
2. Do you have a lot accounts on push? Even though you don't receive lots of messages, but push accounts will constantly check for new messages, that could burn more batteries. Push account includes facebook, twitter, calendars, or any apps getting updates in the background.
3. Do you have a thick case? thick case usually do not allow heat dissipate fast, so the phone would run at a higher than normal temperature. Not a big deal but could make 1 or 2 worse.
4. 2-3 hours of gaming will burn a lot of juice...
- CrackBerry Genius
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM #16BlackBerry Z30 10.3.1.1016 - BBM Channel: C0006E212 - BlackBerry | Sports | Tech
- 2,922 Posts
- 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM #17
- By jrestivo in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 4Last Post: 07-05-2011, 10:07 AM
- By eddie817 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
- By Flurrycat in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 4Last Post: 12-15-2008, 11:38 PM
- By Javaddict in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 11Last Post: 10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
- By J-Nic in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 09-01-2008, 10:33 PM