Hey guys, I got my blackberry z10 a week ago, but I am having the problem that almost 100% of the people with bb z10 has, the battery percentage glitch...

It won't fully charge, I tried every single solution that I got from here but nothing have worked...

I have tried all the OS and I like BB10 more than all the rest, but since this bug is out since the launch of the phone, and BB won't fix it, I am giving up and return my phone.
    I am really disappointed, since bugs like this tear apart a great OS, a great Company...
    Cheers...
    07-03-14 02:02 PM
    I don't think I ever got that "glitch" but you can try buying a different battery for a back up. How long does your battery usually last? The battery pack helps a lot for a lot of people, have you looked into that?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 02:05 PM
    I don't think I ever got that "glitch" but you can try buying a different battery for a back up. How long does your battery usually last? The battery pack helps a lot for a lot of people, have you looked into that?

Posted via CB10
    I am not going to buy another battery cus I don't need another...
    The thing is every time i charge my device, in the morning i wake up and it is 1% less than it was the last charging...
    And another thing, when i reset the phone my removing the battery, it goes to 100% after the charge but 30 min after I have taken it out ( even without touching the phone) it goes to 97%...
    I got everything off localization, wi-fi, bluetooth, nfc...
    07-03-14 02:23 PM
    It's normal with all phones... your case is really normal and you don't have to give up such a great phone with this awesome OS for such a reason....

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 02:33 PM
    It's normal with all phones... your case is really normal and you don't have to give up such a great phone with this awesome OS for such a reason....

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but no, it's not a "really normal case"
    07-03-14 02:38 PM
    Sorry, but no, it's not a "really normal case"
    wth is the point of this thread if your not seeking help ?youve read the solutions others have tried to help you understand what it is, if your sick of the phone get rid of it
    07-03-14 02:43 PM
    I would take the phone back for an exchange. I never had this issue. You might want to wipe your phone and reinstall the OS. Make sure that the phone is off. Clean and reinstall battery before OS reinstall. Did you install BlackBerry Link on your compute?

I seem to recall that I had to reload the OS because it froze on the first day . Anyway it had worked fine since.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:00 PM
    Never had any problem OR even heard of the problem that the OP describes. I have had my z10 since Jan 2014. I would like to know how long his battery lasts in between charging. ie does it last 10-12 hours for a days normal use?
    07-03-14 03:36 PM
    Had my z10 since Apr 13 and yes not the longest battery life but other functions make up for it. Overnight charge gives 12 hours good use age inc work calls

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:44 PM
    It's the battery calibration issue..i guess it's specific to STL-1 devices..if you wanna return it you can..but I guess it's getting rectified in 10.3...not sure though!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 04:20 PM
    Hey guys, I got my blackberry z10 a week ago, but I am having the problem that almost 100% of the people with bb z10 has, the battery percentage glitch...
    I've never even heard about this issue. My 4 friends and business partners bought Z10s recently. None of those had an issue like this.

Posted via ? BlackBerry Z10 LTE
    07-03-14 06:34 PM
    So how long does your battery last? If you're satisfied with how long your battery last even with that so called glitch then you're fine

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 06:40 PM
    I've been having this problem recently, and it seems to be when the Mobile Data is ON. The phone is sending 150-250kB of data over the Mobile connection continuously as shown in the System details of Device Manager, even when connected to WiFi. During these times, the battery drain is steady. Yes, System is using most of the battery.

I've tried tons of things, turned mostly everything off I can find, uninstalled most apps, etc. The Battery drains in less than 6 hours in Standby when I leave it at 100% at my bedside overnight. This used to be less than 10% battery drain overnight in Standby ( I'll accept some battery drain).

I'm going to keep wrestling with it, but ANY ideas would be great. For now, I keep Mobile Data off until I need it.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 08:41 PM
    Notwithstanding that I do not have the battery drain issue others certainly have. Various similar posts on the internet.

Just like the double typing issue on the Q10, why can't BlackBerry man up and deal with known issues and problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:11 PM
    I've tried tons of things, turned mostly everything off I can find, uninstalled most apps, etc. The Battery drains in less than 6 hours in Standby when I leave it at 100% at my bedside overnight. This used to be less than 10% battery drain overnight in Standby ( I'll accept some battery drain).
    I have 2 batteries. One which came with the phone (the bad battery) and another I bought. With the bad battery my phone stayed on with 0% for ~3 hours. Of course I've turned off mobile data.
    The good battery drains 3-5% overnight the other 10-15%. I usually sleep 6-7 hrs and don't turn off anything.
    Maybe you have a monday morning battery. Who knows.
    In my and friends' opinion the best thing about the Z10 is battery life.

Posted via ? BlackBerry Z10 LTE
    07-04-14 07:56 AM
    Went ahead and did a factory reset, and that seems to have cleared up my problem. My suspicion is a software bug somewhere that was stuck in a never ending loop of sending small chunks of data.

I haven't restored anything from backup, yet. Just been adding the apps back slowly. I'll let everyone know if I fund something more definitive.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-04-14 11:11 PM
    Try to turn wifi of when you charge it overnight... my phone charges to 100%. When I turn on wifi while charging, it won't charge more then 97% max... strange but true

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 11:36 PM
    Ps. I keep mobile data on

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 11:38 PM
    Ps. I keep mobile data on :#

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 11:39 PM

It won't fully charge, I tried every single solution that I got from here but nothing have worked...

I have tried all the OS and I like BB10 more than all the rest, but since this bug is out since the launch of the phone, and BB won't fix it, I am giving up and return my phone.
    I am really disappointed, since bugs like this tear apart a great OS, a great Company...
    Cheers...
    I would love to know where did you get the 100% figure. As far as I know, this MOSTLY happens on STL1. I've been using my STL1 since May 2013 so I know of what I speak. If you indeed tried "all" the workarounds here, then I suggest getting a new battery as it sometimes sorts out the issue. If I'm in your shoes and I'm that disappointed, I would simply move to other "better" platforms. Yes, it's somewhat disappointing, the bugs and all, but other platforms has their own problems as well. I wouldn't think a simple battery glitch of about a minority of Z10s would tear a company apart.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-05-14 12:08 AM