Hey all, since a week back I've been experiencing a terrible battery drain. At first I never bothered about it since I always plugged my z10 whenever it reached 10% or below it though I was a worried about it since a good battery life was my priority. But I continued ignoring this intense drain, it was like battery going from 100% to 75% in just 5-10 minutes of average use, most of the time screen off. As I thought maybe a restart would probably fix this And so I did a restart, twice but no luck. I then thought maybe a factory reset would do the job so I tried that too. Unfortunately this issue came back as soon as I fully charged the battery after the reset. All this time I was at home so didn't bothered much as I could plug and charge my z10 anytime. But yesterday, I wasn't home since the morning and knew my z10 would never be able to keep up till the evening so I barely used it. Battery drain was usual from 6am to 10am my battery went from 100% to 55%. I was disappointed, a lot it really was frustrating but ignored it. Till 7 in the evening my battery level was 33%. Barely used the whole day with wifi turned off and just a couple of phone calls. Still frustrated with the battery life my z10 was giving I didn't plugged it in and slept. Today morning I woke up to see my z10 still running (wasn't expecting it to be still running till the morning though) but to my surprise it was with 5% charge still left. Today I had a rough day so I took my z10 with me whole day without plugging it even once as I didn't got the chance to plug it in. Today 10am my battery reached 0% and as I was waiting it to die I turned on wifi, made some calls sent a few texts and browsed Facebook, candid so it could die as soon as possible. I turned brightness to 100% also played music. To my surprise from 10am till 4pm my z10 worked like a charm without turning off even once. All this time I used my z10 with wifi turned on and a bit of intense gaming too, for a couple of minutes. And now it's 6pm and this device right in my hands is still running and I'm still waiting for it to turn off. But it just won't. I know it's a battery calibration issue since I own the STL100-1 unit and have already tried almost every methods for fixing this calibration issue but none seems to work . I know this isn't the faulty battery or some hardware issue. For one I can manage for a while till the 10.3 update rolls out. Can someone rest me assure this issue is no more on 10.3? If so I'm ready to install the leak because this issue is really frustrating. Anyone else facing same kind of issue? I would really loving fixing this without going through the installing leaks etc process. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 04:58 PM
    Hi, Abhishek! I'm also using an STL100-1 and running the leaked 10.3.0.1154 OS for about two weeks now and haven't experienced the battery problem of STL100-1 that have bugged me ever since I got this device back from May last year. Battery life's longer too compared to 10.2.1 in similar usage.
    09-14-14 07:27 PM
    Hi, Abhishek! I'm also using an STL100-1 and running the leaked 10.3.0.1154 OS for about two weeks now and haven't experienced the battery problem of STL100-1 that have bugged me ever since I got this device back from May last year. Battery life's longer too compared to 10.2.1 in similar usage.
    Thank you for the feedback. Also do let me know is the latest 10.3 leak stable enough for a daily driver? What do you think should I install the leak or wait for the official update since its realise is near (I'm guessing a couple of weeks right after the passport realise). Would appreciate having your advice on it.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:18 PM
    Thank you for the feedback. Also do let me know is the latest 10.3 leak stable enough for a daily driver? What do you think should I install the leak or wait for the official update since its realise is near (I'm guessing a couple of weeks right after the passport realise). Would appreciate having your advice on it.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is stable enough for a daily driver, in my opinion, probably more stable than 10.2.1. In 10.2.1, I experienced occasional problems like Mobile Hotspot won't open and videos won't play either on Browser or the Videos app, both which requires a restart of the device. On 10.3.0.1154 I have never experienced such things again, Z10 haven't turned OFF prematurely (the classic STL1 issue), battery life's longer PLUS a revamped UI and smoother navigation. About the second question whether you should install this or wait for the official update, it's your call. The official update is 10.3.1 which should be released by November or December. Installing this leak is much better by using an autoloader, which will erase everything. Your call.
    09-14-14 11:04 PM
    I had the same on 10.3 (all versions that came out) only thing helped was doing a backup, then a factory reset with BlackBerry link. Never had better battery life on 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:02 AM
    This is my drain on a Z10 Stl100-2 10.3.0.1154 now while no app is open.

Battery issue..quite frustrating :(-img_20140915_020852.png

Z10 STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-15-14 12:07 AM
    This is my drain on a Z10 Stl100-2 10.3.0.1154 now while no app is open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140915_020852.png 
Views:	554 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	297947

Z10 STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    Too bad I still don't know how do we read time in that format..anyway 10.3 do looks quite beautiful and clean <3

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 05:54 AM
    Too bad I still don't know how do we read time in that format..anyway 10.3 do looks quite beautiful and clean <3

Posted via CB10
    Graphs varies from person-to-person and is affected by a lots of factors like network signal strength, network mode, email/social accounts, usage, Wi-Fi connection, battery age, etc. It is an insight but not necessarily a guide or a tool to hinder you from loading an OS.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    09-15-14 06:19 AM
    I also face battery problems at starting..

I recommend u to try by changing ur sim..

Slow network like uninor, docomo drains battery very fast..
    Or your place may be low network placee..

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:01 PM