Just curious, the battery icon keeps showing charging icon (flash) even though I already plug the phone on the charger for like 6+ hours (like when you go to sleep and wake up)

is this a bug (meaning the battery stops charging, but the icon just shows charging)? Or the battery is actually getting charging without stop? I know that battery getting charged all the time is not good as it affects the battery lifetime.

Thanks.
    06-14-13 06:06 PM
    I also had this problem when I first got my Z10. I did a battery pull and that temporarily fixed the problem but it came back after a couple of charges. The problem finally went away on its own after a few more charges, so maybe the battery just needs to settle in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:18 PM
    Mine has always done this. Since day one of release with T-Mobile and in 10.0 and 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:00 PM
    This is a known issue. Battery will reach 99% and not hit 100%. It's an intermittent thing. Mine charges 50/50 like that.
    Nothing to be worried about...just try not to let the OCD make it an issue.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-14-13 09:11 PM
    Just curious if you're using the charger that came with the device. BB10 devices require a charger with a minimum output of 750mA. All BlackBerry chargers should state on the label or charger itself what mA that charger is. For non BlackBerry chargers you may need to research the exact brand to be able to determine the actual mA output. Also, there are reports that your device can actually lose charge when connected to a non BlackBerry charger or to an older BlackBerry charger for legacy OS BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:15 PM
    Mine does this all the time (using charging plug and cable that came with phone). I find if I unplug the re plug in the charger it will get to 100%.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    HedoBum and yvpan1 like this.
    06-14-13 10:08 PM
    Mine does this all the time (using charging plug and cable that came with phone). I find if I unplug the re plug in the charger it will get to 100%.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    Yes...unplugging the charger and plugging it back in seems to give it the push to 100%. I'm at 100% now...just unplugged and replugged (for something other than the charging issue) and it went immediately to 100%.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-14-13 11:19 PM
    Yes, I am using the BB OEM charger 750 mA output with OEM BB USB charger. I am not worried about being an OCD. But I am worried about the battery if it keeps charging without stopping the charging as it will damage the battery lifetime. I don't want to pay for a new battery if it's not my fault if the software keep charging the cell.

Just curious if you're using the charger that came with the device. BB10 devices require a charger with a minimum output of 750mA. All BlackBerry chargers should state on the label or charger itself what mA that charger is. For non BlackBerry chargers you may need to research the exact brand to be able to determine the actual mA output. Also, there are reports that your device can actually lose charge when connected to a non BlackBerry charger or to an older BlackBerry charger for legacy OS BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:37 PM
    Ya I've had the same issue, some days i get to 100 and other days it needs an unplugging and re plugging

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:41 PM
    Yes, I am using the BB OEM charger 750 mA output with OEM BB USB charger. I am not worried about being an OCD. But I am worried about the battery if it keeps charging without stopping the charging as it will damage the battery lifetime. I don't want to pay for a new battery if it's not my fault if the software keep charging the cell.
    it's just a tiny bug that basically the battery is fully charged but for some reason it fails to show "100%" instead it hovers at 99% all the time with 0.00W charging power (showing that the battery is fully charged - no need for charging current) using the Battery Guru app.

unplugging & plugging the charger stops this symptoms from happening. let's hope this will be addressed on future OS updates.

i'm running the 10.1.0.2312.
    06-15-13 03:30 AM