Hi Guys,

Have been using this site quite a bit since getting my Z10 last week. Thanks for posting some great tips and tricks.

For the past two mornings I have woken to a dead Z10. So dead in fact it won't even turn on. And, this despite there being significant battery life each time before I retired for the evening. The first night I turned off my Z using the top button and waiting for the countdown - wake up seven hours later and the phone is dead. The second night (after doing some reading here about shutting off the phone) I engaged the bedside mode feature and seven hours later, dead again. This time I even made sure the charge was full before going to bed.

I can text, email and chat all day without running out of battery but as soon as night comes, something drains it completely within about 7 hours.

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-19-13 06:59 AM
    I usually turn off my LTE and just leave it on WiFi over night. Burns almost no power that way. I wish I could program it to do that automatically.

I have noticed it does burn a good 1/4 of the battery just sitting overnight which can kill off a used battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 07:08 AM
    Hi Guys,

Have been using this site quite a bit since getting my Z10 last week. Thanks for posting some great tips and tricks.

For the past two mornings I have woken to a dead Z10. So dead in fact it won't even turn on. And, this despite there being significant battery life each time before I retired for the evening. The first night I turned off my Z using the top button and waiting for the countdown - wake up seven hours later and the phone is dead. The second night (after doing some reading here about shutting off the phone) I engaged the bedside mode feature and seven hours later, dead again. This time I even made sure the charge was full before going to bed.

I can text, email and chat all day without running out of battery but as soon as night comes, something drains it completely within about 7 hours.

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Something is wrong. Do you have something running in the background? Even so a fully charged Z10 should make it over night! How is battery life during the day? Seems it would die quicker during the day that just sitting overnight. Mine will loose about 20% overnight with non-use.
    02-19-13 07:20 AM
    Thank you. I just read that someone else has a similar problem and it was suggest that the bedside mode was most likely the culprit. Someone suggested using airplane mode at night which I'll try.
    02-19-13 07:21 AM
    Something is wrong. Do you have something running in the background? Even so a fully charged Z10 should make it over night! How is battery life during the day? Seems it would die quicker during the day that just sitting overnight. Mine will loose about 20% overnight with non-use.
    My thoughts exactly. The second night (last night) I made sure that there was nothing running and as mentioned, the battery was pretty much fully charged. I wake up this morning and its totally dead. I did leave it on beside mode this time but I wouldn't think that it would completely drain the battery.

The battery is fine during the day....can email, chat, browse, gps for hours and still have some juice by nightfall. It's at night when the Zombies do their thing to it.

Odd as heck.
    fabberry23 likes this.
    02-19-13 07:27 AM