I used the autoloader and my god the amount of battery drain is crazy. 2 % in 3 minutes /:

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:14 PM
    Are you sure? There is nothing I can think about if you really want to do that purposely, unless it is short.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:46 PM
    Which phone and carrier?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:04 PM
    Tmobile, z10. I had 1925 before and while it didn't really make my battery life better, it wasn't this bad.

I'll wait a day or 2 before downgrading

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:05 PM
    Ha, their ceo's revenge to your tweet

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-17-14 01:29 PM
    Just wait for a few days before it settled

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-17-14 02:00 PM
    Yeah it's an absolute joke now. I get only 4 hours of battery life after a full charge on my z10, which has always had sh!t battery life to begin with.

5 minutes of general use will kill 5-10% of the battery. Ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:00 PM
    Just wait for a few days before it settled

Posted via CB10
    Tired of seeing this excuse on every thread about the battery. It's been 2 weeks already

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:01 PM
    Tired of seeing this excuse on every thread about the battery. It's been 2 weeks already

Posted via CB10
    2 weeks? LOL.. it just came out on Friday.

Unless you are talking about the official release which the OP isn't talking about

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:29 PM
    I doubt waiting would solve anything. I'll wait tho and if I see anything changing I'll update

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:34 PM
    I had a couple of experiences like that until I started following this path:
    1) Backup as a precaution.
    2) Run the autoloader

3) Set up the completed and updated phone far enough to allow access to the Security Wipe sub file
    4) Run the security wipe.
    5) Set up the phone after the security wipe to full operational status
    6) Reinstall apps from Blackberry world
    7) Side load Snap
    8) Reinstall needed Android apps from Google Play using Snap
    9) Do not attempt to install data, such as contacts from Link. Install contacts from the cloud where I keep them backed up.

After that, I never again had problems with wild battery drain.

Some can follow this procedure and some can't. If you cannot, I now recommend utilizing a non-destructive update though Sachesi. Worked perfectly for me going from 10.2.1.1925 to 10.2.1.2141 and my phone is now working better than ever. (STL100-3). Also, there was no need to reinstall apps or data, all of it was already there after finishing the install.

Choose your method. Either should work if done carefully.
    Last edited by Mozdony; 02-18-14 at 12:18 PM.
    i_hiker, hobbyboy#CB and richrockx like this.
    02-17-14 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd certainly like to see some detailed technical analysis as to why days are required to 'index' or 'settle'. I'm guessing we won't be seeing one anytime soon...
    In reality it's probably apps or the OS triggering frequent radio accesses.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-17-14 04:06 PM
    Same here. Pretty sad. Seems like one step forward, 2 steps back. I need my phone to last a full day

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:20 PM
    Which carriers have the 10.2.1.2141 update besides Vodaphone UK? I'm thinking of updating my Q10 from. 1925 using Sachesi

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 05:01 PM
    I think it might take an hour or two for the system to re-index stuff (music, pics, stuff like that) but I've read the "Settle In" concept for both bb10 and prior BB OS's and never quite understood what the heck might be going on under the hood. If the entire OS is reloaded so that the hub and old messages have to be retrieved, I can see that taking time and power.
    02-17-14 05:04 PM
    I now recommend utilizing a non-destructive update though Sachesi. Worked perfectly for me going from 10.2.1.1925 to 10.2.1.2141 and my phone is now working better than ever. (STL100-3). Also, there was no need to reinstall apps or data, all of it was already there after finishing the install.

Choose your method. Either should work if done carefully.
    With the VZW "official" 1925 I had battery issues for the first time ever on a BlackBerry. Got the OS from BlackBerry.com. It did settle down after a few days but not what it was. Used Sachesi to grab 2141 and battery life has been awesome from the beginning. After the update and initial reboot I noticed the battery was at 99 degrees! I waited for contacts, calendar, etc. to sync and then pulled the battery and let things cool down for about a half hour. Popped the battery back in and it's been a real workhorse since. Getting 14+ hours of steady usage.
    DJM626 likes this.
    02-17-14 05:09 PM
    I've seen poor battery life in about every thread that pops up it seems like. I believe everyone, but personally I couldn't be happier with mine. I've never killed my battery or even come close on my stl1 z10. I've gotten it under 20% here and there towards the end of the day but even in heavy use days or 18hr days never killed it. Once or twice under 10% and that yellow light is annoying. Typically when I come close it because of watching videos or movies which does take its toll.
    I have good service where I am, maybe that hurts some people if your radio is always going strong. I don't turn off wifi... ever. Keep my screen brightness under 50% and when I don't that does drain battery notably quicker. Also never keep active frames up. Two email addresses both constantly sync.
    Again, really don't intend to argue and believe battery life is a big issue for many but me personally I've never killed a battery with any leak and consider myself a moderate to heavy user. I'm always on it for something and get the most from my smartphone features. Days I work and the phone spends a lot of time holstered and not used I plug it in at night with over 60% left. Mileage varies I guess.

As for the OP, have you tried wiping and only restoring contacts and necessary files for a day or two? That should rule out a setting or app on your end?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 05:10 PM
    And I do notice worse battery the first day after a leak about every time but only the first charge. Then it comes back and is solid

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 05:12 PM
    Yeah this power drain is a bit much I don't think I've ever had to worry about any BlackBerry battery I've ever had draining this fast.
    I'm going back to. 537, besides I don't see any drastic change or had any bug to correct to warrant going to 2141 just being greedy and wanting the latest OS I guess.

On T-MOBILE Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 05:15 PM
    I think it might take an hour or two for the system to re-index stuff (music, pics, stuff like that) but I've read the "Settle In" concept for both bb10 and prior BB OS's and never quite understood what the heck might be going on under the hood. If the entire OS is reloaded so that the hub and old messages have to be retrieved, I can see that taking time and power.
    I don't ever recall having a legacy device having to "settle in." I read about it but never experienced it. The one major "settle in" I've experienced on the Z10 was with the only "official" from VZW update I've used, the recent (and former)10.2.1.1925...
    02-17-14 05:17 PM
    mine spent like a week in order to stabilize, so i'd wait cause i,ve been getting a good from 8 to 13 hours depending on use after the first week.
    02-17-14 05:22 PM
    Does anyone know if or when this will be officially released in the states and if so, will our carriers release this, or is this something that will be released by Blackberry? Not going to run any leaks, and will wait it out. Had my share of enough problems in the past already
    02-17-14 06:32 PM
    Just finished d/l'ing new BlackBerry update on Thursday and have noticed a definite increase in battery drain. Typical daily use would get me through most of the day into early evening. Now it seems to only manage 4-6 hours with the same general usage.
    Worse still I've noticed that my Z10, sitting idle, seems to be draining the battery twice as fast as previously.
    What's up BB?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:44 PM
    +1 to all your posts. I have noticed a crazy battery drain myself, I have to charge every couple of hours this is ridiculous.
    I know the Z10's battery was not that great but this goes beyond anything else to the point where I'm almost considering getting rid of it and jump ship :S
    02-17-14 07:13 PM
    I loaded OS on Friday (verizon z10). Battery was bad for the first couple of days (like most updates). Today was the first day I saw a major improvement. Seems better than 1925 now.

Posted via CB10
    Will Alexander likes this.
    02-17-14 07:28 PM
57 123