Just looking for some help. I cracked the screen on my Z10 (STL-3) and got it replaced, I now only get about 4-5 hours battery usage. The biggest thing using battery is the system.

This is in airplane mode and I have changed the OS numerous times (currently on 10.2.1), have done hard resets as well. This led me to the Virtual Expert and it stated my Magnetometer is unavailable.

Is this causing my battery to drain?

Is the sensor part of the screen?

Just seeing if anybody knows more or other options to fix or if it is cooked

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:44 PM
    How long has it been repaired? It might still be indexing your files/data. But if it has been 3 or 4 days, it sounds as if the repair might not have been fully successful.

Have you

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    08-08-14 07:56 AM
    If I see 1 more post on Z10 battery life I'm going to puke!!
    WHY oh WHY can't people do a thread search before creating a new post??
    There must be 1000 of these exact threads now.
    Please try a search!

Posted via Z10
    08-08-14 08:26 AM
    *puking*

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    08-08-14 09:14 AM
    I have researched and have looked around. Sorry for bothering you guys with my post and looking for help.

Yes I have done a hard restart (volume buttoms) and it is STL-3 variant

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 09:21 AM
    Your issue is different and feel free to post as you did.

Again, maybe the repair was not a full fix.
    08-09-14 10:47 PM
    A new battery is less than $10 on Amazon. If the other suggestions do not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:51 PM
    This is perfectly valid post unlike other useless "battery life" posts that litter this forums.

Did you only loose magnetometer or any other sensors? When my screen cracked I lost all sensors and replacement screen that I bought did not fix the issue. Basically I ran the phone without sensors for a couple of weeks and noticed increased idle power consumption.
    Couple of weeks later I replaced the screen again and this time sensors worked and my battery came back to normal. I also did factory reset at that time. Because of that I'm not sure what really fixed it the new screen and working sensors or factory reset.
    So if you r not willing to replace the screen again try a factory reset first and see if it helps.
    Of course I wouldn't even start looking into this without BaSa battery analyser soft installed. That should be your first step in assessing idle battery power consumption and provide a basis for all the tweaks later.
    08-10-14 05:56 AM
    A new battery is less than $10 on Amazon. If the other suggestions do not work.

Posted via CB10
    I have already replaced the battery. Should have included this in my original post.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:48 PM
    Did you only loose magnetometer or any other sensors?
    Originally all sensors were lost and after a hard reset I gained them all back except the Magnetometer.

What is a factory reset?

I had the phone loaded up with a 10.3 leak and then downgraded it to 10.2.1 and then upgrade to the carrier version to see if that would change anything. I never got the Magnetometer to work at any point though out this process.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:53 PM
    By factory reset I meant firmware reload using link. Looks like you did it already.
    Really don't know what to tell you now. It could be faulty sensor or maybe another software reinstall could fix it again.
    Did you try reconnecting all the cables again under the hood?

In my case I lost all the sensors at once and all of them came back together after screen replacement and fresh install.
    08-10-14 05:43 PM
    I will do another reset and see if it gets me anywhere and take it back to the place where I got the screen from to have them check the connections.

Thanks for your help on this

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:12 PM
    Been using z10 without any problems.. this is my latest usage.. and it has been great
    Battery Drain Issue-img_20140811_132851.png

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 01:33 AM
    Been using z10 without any problems.. this is my latest usage.. and it has been great
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140811_132851.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	290124

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome. This post isn't to bash the Z10's battery. I have had decent battery life before I had my screen replaced. I have a Z30 and am looking to give this phone to a friend once fixed. He is excited for it but I don't want to give him a damaged phone

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 12:15 AM
    I have had this problem.. first maybe it's Os issue.. try reloading it..if it doesn't work.. try battery calibration again.. and If that too doesn't work then get another battery.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:00 AM