I am with TELUS. I have a Z10 with 10.2.1.2102

My battery lasts 10 hours with avg use. Average meaning, I am not glued to the phone because I do most of my work on a real computer. I have a few text conversations going throughout the day. No running apps EVER. I dont even run facebook on it. Wifi is off, bluetooth is off, LTE is off, running 4G.

Basically I check some emails and have some texts/bbm's going.

10 hours for minimal average use. My torch 2 had 48 hours of battery life on this kind of use.

I love the phone but I am about to give up on it.

HELP PLEASE!!
    05-04-14 10:56 PM
    Sounds a bit high, but terribly abnormal for a Z10. Why don't you keep the phone charging all day, whilst on the PC?
    05-04-14 11:02 PM
    That seems a little high. 10 hours is a long life nowadays for phone batteries. On my z10 i can be a heavy user for about 8 hours. The only thing to try really is a full wipe and reload the OS i guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 11:29 PM
    first thing id do is check the device monitor to see what is eating your battery. then narrow it down from there.
    southlander likes this.
    05-05-14 12:34 AM
    Yeah you'll need to provide some details.
    05-05-14 12:39 AM
    You can't compare new generation phones to older gen BlackBerrys. Unfortunately new smartphones have to be charged nightly.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 12:43 AM
    Maybe the 4G signal is weak that it drains a lot of battery....

If that's not the case then maybe some apps which are using a lot of battery life.

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    05-05-14 03:56 AM
    @Southlander - - - - - what OTHER details do you need?
    05-05-14 11:07 AM
    I thought that was average for a Z10?
    05-05-14 11:09 AM
    @ EVERYONE ELSE

What should I check on the device monitor specifically? Right now nothing listed is giving me more than 1.3%.

I have started getting in the habit of plugging it into the computer, but I'm up and down a lot and take my phone with me, i'm under the impression that unplugging it so quickly also kills the battery. But by the time I get to 8pm if I haven't charged it, I'm down to under 30% and if I leave the house by that point to go out, then I'm really screwed because I wont have where to plug it in when I'm out and the last 25% runs out way faster.

I was planning to do a complete OS wipe and re-install from scratch.

Before the last OS update I was getting about 16 hours of battery life, the new update has killed my battery. I understand the days of not plugging my phone for days are gone. But I'd like to at least be able to make it from morning to bedtime, and as it stands I'm falling about 3 hours short of a useful day's battery life.
    05-05-14 11:17 AM
    @ EVERYONE ELSE

What should I check on the device monitor specifically? Right now nothing listed is giving me more than 1.3%.

I have started getting in the habit of plugging it into the computer, but I'm up and down a lot and take my phone with me, i'm under the impression that unplugging it so quickly also kills the battery. But by the time I get to 8pm if I haven't charged it, I'm down to under 30% and if I leave the house by that point to go out, then I'm really screwed because I wont have where to plug it in when I'm out and the last 25% runs out way faster.

I was planning to do a complete OS wipe and re-install from scratch.

Before the last OS update I was getting about 16 hours of battery life, the new update has killed my battery. I understand the days of not plugging my phone for days are gone. But I'd like to at least be able to make it from morning to bedtime, and as it stands I'm falling about 3 hours short of a useful day's battery life.
    Hmm... that sums it up...
    Its a bad OS which is draining your battery... maybe you can try a different radio with your current OS to check if the situation improves... also notice the idle battery drain with Battery Guru App.

I have noticed a good improvement with the 2229 radio... much better than 1926 radio...

Backup your device before updating radio... it is non destructive but once my device failed to start and I lost some data....

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    05-06-14 02:32 AM
    You can't compare new generation phones to older gen BlackBerrys. Unfortunately new smartphones have to be charged nightly.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you get a Z30

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    05-06-14 03:24 AM