I've seen my Network performance worsen post the OS update - Wifi / Bluetooth are great. Its just that my Z10 doesnt seem to hang onto the network like it did before. I dropped a call yesterday and callers report blank spots during conversations (even with "full" coverage) I'm on T-Mobile and my network configuration is HSPA/UMTS/GSM. Never used/wanted LTE.

Just to follow up on the earlier post by another CB user

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post8039290

I'd stated that the Z10 performance was amazing in comparison to my N4... but it seems like the battery saving measures may have softened the "aggressiveness" of the phone in terms of pure Network performance.

Would you guys let me know if you're facing any of these issues ? I'd hate to be the only one
    03-13-13 09:31 AM
    Gee... I must have asked a really silly question... lol!!!

Hard to believe No one finds an issue with cellular coverage post the update?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:51 PM
    I am on Rogers with H+ (no LTE) and have issues with signal fluctuating constantly from 0 bars to full bars over and over. In my car the Bluetooth display often shows "x" as if I lost my signal. As such my battery usage is normally through the roof. A replacement is coming hopefully tomorrow. I'll report back once I've had a chance to test. Hopefully I have a radio issue and a replacement will fix my issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:00 PM
    I am on Rogers with H+ (no LTE) and have issues with signal fluctuating constantly from 0 bars to full bars over and over. In my car the Bluetooth display often shows "x" as if I lost my signal. As such my battery usage is normally through the roof. A replacement is coming hopefully tomorrow. I'll report back once I've had a chance to test. Hopefully I have a radio issue and a replacement will fix my issues.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, mine is a Rogers unit too... I bought it off someone in Canada to use here in the US om T-Mobile.

Do let me know how it goes, I'd really like to know if I have the so called LemonBerry...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:03 PM
    I am on Tmobile and after the update it made the signal allot worse on the phone. I will go form 4 bars to 0 then to 2 back to 4, etc...
    03-13-13 09:10 PM
    So its a software issue then? Is there a way this can be reported to BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where are you located? I have this problem with Rogers in Winnipeg. 2 different phones, 3 different sim cards and the same result. However, it was the same before the update.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Namueab; 03-13-13 at 09:43 PM.
    03-13-13 09:16 PM
    Where are you located? I have this problem with Rogers in Winnipeg. 2 different phones, 3 different similar cards and the same result. However, it was the same before the update.

I'm in southwest WPG but I see the issue all over the city. I mostly see the "x" on Bluetooth when I'm downtown. I previously used a Rogers Bold 9900 and Torch 9800 and never saw the fluctuation that I currently see.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:38 PM
    I'm in southwest WPG but I see the issue all over the city. I mostly see the "x" on Bluetooth when I'm downtown. I previously used a Rogers Bold 9900 and Torch 9800 and never saw the fluctuation that I currently see.

Posted via CB10
    I'm starting to think that this is a Winnipeg/Rogers problem also. Similar thread over on Hofo. When you explained your problem I had a feeling you were in Winnipeg. I'm in the south, but notice it all over too. Call Rogers and complain. Maybe if more and more people complain, they might do something about it.

03-13-13 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, hopefully your new phone arrived. Please keep us updated (I'm especially curious) if the new phone solved the signal bars fluctuating.
    Thank you!
    03-14-13 10:17 AM
    There is a thread about SaskTel not releasing this update because of poor roaming performance. Perhaps this means it doesn't work well on certain networks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rriers-781424/

Title:Blackberry Z10 Upgrade
    Content:
    Lots of people have been asking, and we have an answer for you.

Unfortunately, the most recent maintenance release issued by BlackBerry (10.0.10.85) will not be made available to SaskTel BlackBerry Z10 customers. The reason SaskTel has chosen not to provide this software update to our customers is that it will have a negative impact on the roaming capabilities of SaskTel issued Z10 devices. The next BlackBerry Z10 upgrade for SaskTel customers is expected to be available in late April. In working with BlackBerry, we have confirmed that the next release will not have any negative impacts to our customers. This maintenance release offered by BlackBerry focuses primarily on addressing minor fixes since the Z10 launch. Rest assured that SaskTel Z10 customers will still enjoy all the great features of the device.
    03-14-13 10:31 AM
    I had issues and reception and battery life after the update, but that sorted itself out after a few days.
    Give it a week and see if the problem still persists

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:53 AM
    With Rogers in Ontario. No signal issues with 10.0.10.85 software version.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:57 AM
    No phone arrived yet today Although...my signal issues aside, I *did* remove my gmail mail and calendar accounts (kept contacts) and since doing this yesterday, my battery is *WAY* better. My phone is *never* hot now when I pick it up. Prior, my phone would *always* stay warm and battery usage through the roof. I don't know if it was gmail or just coincidence but time will tell. Once I get the replacement device I'll try putting my gmail account back on and see what happens.
    03-14-13 01:47 PM
    No phone arrived yet today Although...my signal issues aside, I *did* remove my gmail mail and calendar accounts (kept contacts) and since doing this yesterday, my battery is *WAY* better. My phone is *never* hot now when I pick it up. Prior, my phone would *always* stay warm and battery usage through the roof. I don't know if it was gmail or just coincidence but time will tell. Once I get the replacement device I'll try putting my gmail account back on and see what happens.
    Please do let me know how that works out for you. I'm using 2 Gmail accounts, one personal and the other corporate. We moved to Gmail a few months ago and I'd probably decide to turn off push as a last resort.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:43 PM
    I had issues and reception and battery life after the update, but that sorted itself out after a few days.
    Give it a week and see if the problem still persists

Posted via CB10
    That's a pretty interesting suggestion...so it looks like the OS "Settles" in even from a network perspective? Wow I thought that was only for batteries and stuff...

Will keep an eye out and then update back here on the forums. For now, I'm not a happy camper with the performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:29 PM
    I've had the update since the day it came out. To be honest, my battery life is quite good despite the network signal fluctuations. I have 1 gmail account set up as EAS with push, contacts and calendar sync, and one manual account.
    I'm going out of town for the weekend and will be roaming on another hspa network, so ill see if the severe signal fluctuations still occur. From there I should be able to determine if it's the device or Rogers network in Winnipeg.

03-14-13 05:00 PM
    Well I received my replacement device on Friday and after playing around with it excessively over the weekend, I can say that absolutely nothing has changed.

Battery is hit and miss - sometimes the device gets hot and you know the battery is burning it up.
    Signal is still all over the map.
    Video camera microphone volume still hooped - ie, record a video and try to listen to the sound in it - you have to crank the volume to 100% to faintly hear it.

I guess these must all be software issues still..

sigh...
    03-18-13 08:46 AM
    Well I received my replacement device on Friday and after playing around with it excessively over the weekend, I can say that absolutely nothing has changed.

Battery is hit and miss - sometimes the device gets hot and you know the battery is burning it up.
    Signal is still all over the map.
    Video camera microphone volume still hooped - ie, record a video and try to listen to the sound in it - you have to crank the volume to 100% to faintly hear it.

I guess these must all be software issues still..

sigh...
    I know the signal issues are network related, ie. Rogers problems in Winnipeg. I was on another network for the entire weekend, and did not have the signal fluctuations once. It was reassuring to know that it was not the phone, and was nice to see a steady signal. Although, I did read in one thread that after a long battle with Rogers, one guy was able to get them to agree that it was Rogers' problem and that they had no intentions on fixing it.
    I had mentioned earlier that I too swapped out my phone for a new one when I thought that the fluctuating signals could have been hardware related. The new phone was no different.
    As for the hot phone and battery drain, I do not have these symptoms. I did have a Shaw webmail account active on my device once and experienced the battery drain and increased temperature, but I have removed the account and have not had problems since.
    I hope Rogers gets their act together in Winnipeg. It is beginning to get REALLY annoying.
    03-18-13 10:10 AM
    I know the signal issues are network related, ie. Rogers problems in Winnipeg. I was on another network for the entire weekend, and did not have the signal fluctuations once. It was reassuring to know that it was not the phone, and was nice to see a steady signal. Although, I did read in one thread that after a long battle with Rogers, one guy was able to get them to agree that it was Rogers' problem and that they had no intentions on fixing it.
    I had mentioned earlier that I too swapped out my phone for a new one when I thought that the fluctuating signals could have been hardware related. The new phone was no different.
    As for the hot phone and battery drain, I do not have these symptoms. I did have a Shaw webmail account active on my device once and experienced the battery drain and increased temperature, but I have removed the account and have not had problems since.
    I hope Rogers gets their act together in Winnipeg. It is beginning to get REALLY annoying.
    Unless something changed on Rogers recently, I would say it's not a network issue. I have had a Bold 9900 and Torch 9800 on Rogers for the past 2 1/2 years and never once saw the fluctuation that I see with this device.

You may be onto something regarding the email accounts heating up the phone though. I had noticed when I removed my gmail account (which is 3 separate accounts because they stopped using EAS) that my device seemed to have better battery life. That lasted about a day and a half and then the phone got hot again. For all I know it could be my work mail or outlook.com mail causing intermittent problems.

I don't know...all I know is it frustrates the he11 outa me! (note..can't believe they bleep out he11!)
    03-18-13 10:28 AM