Hi, I am intending to switch from the Z10 to the passport in a few days, and therefore decided to pre-do a backup of my device data thru Link, in order to save time. Frustratingly, everytime I try to start the backup, it says "Device not associated with blackberry ID, please sign-in to Blackberry ID on your device blah blah blah". I have checked the device, and it is already registered with BBID, the same BBID as the one in Link. I have tried numerous fixes, re-installing Link, restarting computer, restarting Z10, disabling/enabling connectivity. As I understand, BBID is hardwired into the Z10 so you can't "sign-out" of it. therefore, I do not understand why Link cannot register that my Z10 is already "signed into" BBID. Please help!
    10-15-15 02:23 AM
    Hi Guest. I will be very interested to see any responses here, as I have the same issue with my Classic, Software release 10.3.2.2474. BlackBerry's support KB suggested, for this very symptom, to turn BB Protect on/off on the phone. I tried that and it did not help. I can view stuff on the phone both with BB link and BB Blend but I can not back up:-(
    Thx in advance to anyone who can respond with a working solution:-)
    Mats
    10-16-15 03:01 AM
    Make sure wifi is off, try another usb cable and make sure your software is up to date! You should also hard reboot you Z and your pc and after all this, try back up again

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-16-15 03:14 AM
    Make sure wifi is off, try another usb cable and make sure your software is up to date! You should also hard reboot you Z and your pc and after all this, try back up again

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    Thx rebroker2009. Are you sure WiFi should be off? I thought the phone needed to be associated with the BB ID. Well, I tried turning of WiFi and tried both with mobile data on and off. Tried a second USB-Cable, also in a different USB-connector on the laptop, turned off and on the phone and rebooted the laptop. No success:-( A problem I had initially was that my network adapter did not have IPv6 enabled, at that time BB Link pointed this out. (and yes, BB-Link had me update the BB Desktop software so I did that yesterday, or was it BB Blend that told me the software was old) I am reluctant to get the Backup Pro app since the reviews are quite mixed.... Still hoping someone can point me to something I haven't tried;-) thx + rgds / Mats
    10-16-15 03:48 AM
    My dad seems to have the same problem on his Z30. Unfortunately, he's overseas at the moment, so there doesn't seem to be a quick fix right now... :-(

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy...! ;-) 
    10-17-15 02:51 AM