Hi all! Wanted to take the time to reintroduce myself to the BlackBerry crowd! Just picked up a t mobile Z10 today and am enjoying getting to know the device. First impressions are very nice and the keyboard is hands down the most amazing on screen keyboard I've ever used! Currently have both the nexus 4 and the Z10 and have been on Android for the last 4 years. But was a blackberry loyalist initially so I want to give them their fair shot... from everything I've read its best to give the device a few weeks to get comfortable and then make my decision from there. Any suggestions to make my experience easier or more enjoyable??? Also if anybody was interested in any comparisons while I still have both devices I'd be happy to oblige!!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Posted via CB10
    Willie Ray and BlackberryPig like this.
    03-26-13 04:45 PM
    Just to try to avoid comparing it against features from your Android phones, this is an entirely different OS experience, with its own merits. Also hopefully you researched enough to know which of your most needed apps are available and not be shocked when you find that many apps are still to come to BB10. And finally, that your battery life is going to be pretty bad the first few days as you spend a lot of time getting familiar with the device, but will improve drastically by the time you've got things figured out. Other than that, just immerse yourself into the experience and see if it works for you...you'll likely find that it's so easily adaptable that you'll wonder how you got around any other way.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    03-26-13 04:52 PM
    Welcome back Andrew
    03-26-13 04:53 PM
    Agree with netwerx1.... the BB10z should be judged on the user experience... if you find it fits the bill go for it....
    03-26-13 05:16 PM
    Welcome back! You will love the new BlackBerry experience

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:17 PM
    Hope you like it. There are pro's & con's on all phones, but make your own mind up. Had my Z10 for eight weeks now & loving every minute of it. I know people moan about lack of certain apps on BB's but I am not a big app user anyway so don't make my decision on this.

Keep us informed either way whatever you decide. : )

BTW: Like the AC/DC connection there!
    03-26-13 05:22 PM
    Thanks all for the replies! This community is honestly one of the most exciting parts of coming back! I'm not comparing the two handsets on any merits other than ease of use for me, camera, and connectivity (radios). BB10 is NOT android and that's why I'm trying it out, for me android still leaves me wanting more. As for the gesture based usage on BB10 its one of the main features I'm looking forward too, takes me back to my webos days.... which I enjoyed! Apps are just that apps and most functionality can be accomplished in the browser just the same... actually easier and I won't have a million icons sitting unused on my phone. So I'm not expecting much in that department although the native apps do seem very well designed thus far!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:33 PM
    Welcome Andrew. Got my z10 last Friday and love. Hope you enjoy your z10.
    03-26-13 05:36 PM
    I like yourself started using Blackberry around 2006-2007. I love the phones, but even more important; I fell in love
    with the Crackberry community. The people here have provided tremendous help, and pretty much help me made the decision to get the Z10. . Since 2009, I have have every phone imaginable, but now I am a proud owner of Z10. I also have a Galaxy Note 2 which is great, and either phone would be ok for me to use. The Z10 might not have all of the apps, but I did a comparison of the apps I have on my Android and the ones I use, and I was surprised at the results. Now the Galaxy Note 2 is for sale. Give the Z10 a chance. Just how great of a camera do we really need on a smartphone?
    knighty2112 and Lehomer like this.
    03-26-13 06:14 PM
    Since you have a Nexus 4 as well, do you know if there is any way to change the keyboard settings to "vibrate on touch" like we can on Nexus 4?
    03-26-13 06:16 PM
    Since you have a Nexus 4 as well, do you know if there is any way to change the keyboard settings to "vibrate on touch" like we can on Nexus 4?
    I don't think that haptic feedback is built into BB10 as a core feature. That being said the phone is certainly capable I would imagine. Sounds like it could just take a creative dev to figure out how to apply it!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:44 PM
    I like yourself started using Blackberry around 2006-2007. I love the phones, but even more important; I fell in love
    with the Crackberry community. The people here have provided tremendous help, and pretty much help me made the decision to get the Z10. . Since 2009, I have have every phone imaginable, but now I am a proud owner of Z10. I also have a Galaxy Note 2 which is great, and either phone would be ok for me to use. The Z10 might not have all of the apps, but I did a comparison of the apps I have on my Android and the ones I use, and I was surprised at the results. Now the Galaxy Note 2 is for sale. Give the Z10 a chance. Just how great of a camera do we really need on a smartphone?
    I'm with you in the apps... but I do have the need for a good camera. It doesn't have to be amazing but just functional and somewhat easy to use! Having 3 kids and usually always having my phone around has led to a lot of captured moments I might not otherwise get!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:47 PM