So I think I'm pretty set to use my 6 year old upgrade (still on an old BB) on the Z10, but before I jump in, one of the apps that I used the most frequently has been Docs to Go (Word, Adobe & Spreedsheet). Are these apps (as a good working port) available ye for the Z10t? Already searched; couldn't find an answer. TIA.
    04-10-13 01:56 PM
    All of these are native and factory loaded.. thats been known since the playbook.. Just saying
    04-10-13 02:00 PM
    So I think I'm pretty set to use my 6 year old upgrade (still on an old BB) on the Z10, but before I jump in, one of the apps that I used the most frequently has been Docs to Go (Word, Adobe & Spreedsheet). Are these apps (as a good working port) available ye for the Z10t? Already searched; couldn't find an answer. TIA.
    BlackBerry purchased Docs to Go
    adjdudley21 and R Field like this.
    04-10-13 02:04 PM
    yup it's there and fully functional
    04-10-13 02:23 PM
    Docs to go works like a charm. I use almost daily!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-10-13 02:49 PM
    no it dosnt have word to go.....i looked on my phone. it is not there........
    04-10-13 03:28 PM
    Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are all there, loaded on the device, ready to use as soon as you fire up the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:30 PM
    no it dosnt have word to go.....i looked on my phone. it is not there........
    They are not separate apps on BB10. It is just one app named Docs To Go.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:32 PM
    They are not separate apps on BB10. It is just one app named Docs To Go.

Posted via CB10
    oh.....i see it now.....lol thx
    04-10-13 03:33 PM
    Yup and it's got adobe Reader preloaded as well.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 03:38 PM
    Docs to go works pretty fine, but to become honest it's not flawless...
    For instance, you cannot insert new rows in word documents (can't find it). Also, I have the problem that if I'm editing a word document, I can't use any form of typing. If a document is opened, and I swap to BBM or whatsapp and try to send a message, it doesn't show up on BBM, but it keeps typing on the document.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I think it's rather annoying.

Posted via CB10
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    04-10-13 07:06 PM
    For instance, you cannot insert new rows in word documents (can't find it). Also, I have the problem that if I'm editing a word document, I can't use any form of typing. If a document is opened, and I swap to BBM or whatsapp and try to send a message, it doesn't show up on BBM, but it keeps typing on the document.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! The focus thing is really annoying. I always have bbm open and get caught typing and it shows up in Word.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-10-13 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    New rows in a word document? Do you mean a table? Well, that's asking a bit too much of a moble device isn't it? I'm not sure even iOS stuff can do that right now...

About the BBM issue, yep, you found a bug! Thanks, we'll be reporting it to BlackBerry!

Workaround: After you go to BBM, swipe left to right so you go out of any chats (into the contact or chats window) and then go into the chat you want to type in. I'll point this out and hopefully it will be fixed in a patch not soon from now.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-10-13 07:24 PM
    For when you inevitably pick yours up:

WELCOME TO THE PARTY!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:26 PM
    Diegonei, I'm not sure about that. What I mean is the next.

Availability of Docs to Go App?-img_00000040.png

In the picture you see different rows, right?
    On my previous blackberry (9900) I could press the touch pad, hold it, and it said: add new row above.

Get my point?
    Thanks for the reply by the way

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-10-13 07:37 PM
    Diegonei, I'm not sure about that. What I mean is the next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000040.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	150036

In the picture you see different rows, right?
    On my previous blackberry (9900) I could press the touch pad, hold it, and it said: add new row above.

Get my point?
    Thanks for the reply by the way

Posted via CB10
    Point for OS7, I don't think my 9780 could do that (or maybe I never really had to add a row while in Word2Go). But like I said above, BlackBerry has already been notified. I'm sure they will be looking into both the bug you found AND more functionality for Docs2Go.
    04-10-13 08:04 PM
    I would definitely hope so! Other than this, I really love the z10. Again, thank you for your answer.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:12 PM
    Thanks, guys, and thanks for the welcome back.

Good to know.

Purchased or licensed? Word is Microsoft and it seems unlikely that M$ would give up one of it's money making babies.

I was just looking at CNN for other upcoming mobiles, although I did place my order for a Z10 earlier today, and just read that Word apparently isn't due to become available for either IOS or Android, until 2014. That sucks for those OSs... and that's one app I consider an essential; a key deciding factor in my choice between Android and BB. How can a computer not have Word? Looks like I made the right choice. Android and IOS never had a Word app or similar app? I never owned either, so I don't know. I'm never been much of a early adopter; more like a very late adopter. Ha.

No Microsoft Office for iOS, Android until fall 2014? | Microsoft - CNET News
    04-10-13 11:36 PM
    Thanks, guys, and thanks for the welcome back.

Good to know.

Purchased or licensed? Word is Microsoft and it seems unlikely that M$ would give up one of it's money making babies.

I was just looking at CNN for other upcoming mobiles, although I did place my order for a Z10 earlier today, and just read that Word apparently isn't due to become available for either IOS or Android, until 2014. That sucks for those OSs... and that's one app I consider an essential; a key deciding factor in my choice between Android and BB. How can a computer not have Word? Looks like I made the right choice. Android and IOS never had a Word app or similar app? I never owned either, so I don't know. I'm never been much of a early adopter; more like a very late adopter. Ha.

No Microsoft Office for iOS, Android until fall 2014? | Microsoft - CNET News
    I'm pretty sure docs-to-go is a paid app with other OSes. Available for Android,iOS and others. Owned by BBRY since 2010.

Edit: there is a free version for android. Not sure about iOS.
    04-10-13 11:51 PM