I can't seem to find the option to stop the screen from automatically dimming in the .4543 leak. I know it's a power saving feature, but I hate seeing the screen go dim. If it's not there I can live with it, as so far everything else is great, but every time I walk into a shadow and the screen dims I will silently curse the battery gods.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    07-07-13 02:36 PM
    Well if you find it, let me know cause my auto-brightness is jacked lol
    07-07-13 03:44 PM
    Yea it's really annoying and just makes me leave brightness higher than I normally would causing more drain but I have this problem with all the builds thus far.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 04:03 PM
    I can't seem to find the option to stop the screen from automatically dimming in the .4543 leak. I know it's a power saving feature, but I hate seeing the screen go dim. If it's not there I can live with it, as so far everything else is great, but every time I walk into a shadow and the screen dims I will silently curse the battery gods.

Posted via CB10
    there won't be any screen dimming feature on/off on BB10 OS. you gotta live with it. BBRY has invested a lot in the development of the GLO (Garber Light Optimisation) which is the automatic dimming technology used in every BB10 phone today and beyond.
    07-07-13 04:57 PM
    Yep

GLO is amazing!!!

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    07-07-13 05:05 PM
    I could of swore I turned it off on 10.0. I guess I was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 05:20 PM
    I think they should invest a little more then cause mine hasn't worked since I opened the box lol
    07-07-13 05:24 PM
    there won't be any screen dimming feature on/off on BB10 OS. you gotta live with it. BBRY has invested a lot in the development of the GLO (Garber Light Optimisation) which is the automatic dimming technology used in every BB10 phone today and beyond.
    The Playbook has it. I would expect to arrive sometime via an OS update.

Tim
    07-07-13 07:43 PM
    The Playbook has it. I would expect to arrive sometime via an OS update.

Tim
    The playbook doesn't use GLO so it needs it.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    07-07-13 08:44 PM
    I don't care what "GLO" is - I often find the screen brightness on the Z10 inappropriate for the conditions, and it's frustrating to not be able to change it.

For example, if I'm in a mostly darkened room with a ray of light coming through the window that happens to hit the Z10's light sensor (but not the screen or my eyes), it will make the brightness jump up too high. If the sensor happens to be in a dark spot but for whatever reason the screen isn't bright enough for me to see, I can't do anything about that either without changing the global brightness.

Would be nice to have some sort of command shortcut to temporarily override the override the automatic setting or something.

In Blackberry's attempt to over-simplify the BB10 user interface, they often seem to cut off their nose to spite their face by taking away usability instead of enhancing it.

If you're going to take away controls, you'd better do it in an intelligent and reliable way. Just removing buttons and knobs doesn't cut it.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    07-08-13 07:30 PM
    I just picked up setting shortcuts in app world and put a brightness shortcut on the home screen. That's been working pretty well so far.
    07-08-13 08:28 PM
    I just picked up setting shortcuts in app world and put a brightness shortcut on the home screen. That's been working pretty well so far.

Decent suggestion.

If I only had room on my desktop(s) for all the shortcuts that I have in my head though...
    07-08-13 09:08 PM
    The playbook doesn't use GLO so it needs it.

Posted via CB10
    It may no have that but whatever it has can be turned off.

Not everyone has the same vision. Thus having option to use or not use GLO would work.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    07-08-13 09:19 PM
    And some moaners wanted BlackBerry to innovate. So much appreciation for BlackBerry innovation.

From Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4537
    07-08-13 09:28 PM
    I think they should invest a little more then cause mine hasn't worked since I opened the box lol
    I have had z10 since March 1st and also have not noticed my screen change to different light either. I'd there a setting go this. Upto date rogers

Thx.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:43 PM
    I don't care what "GLO" is - I often find the screen brightness on the Z10 inappropriate for the conditions, and it's frustrating to not be able to change it.

For example, if I'm in a mostly darkened room with a ray of light coming through the window that happens to hit the Z10's light sensor (but not the screen or my eyes), it will make the brightness jump up too high. If the sensor happens to be in a dark spot but for whatever reason the screen isn't bright enough for me to see, I can't do anything about that either without changing the global brightness.

Would be nice to have some sort of command shortcut to temporarily override the override the automatic setting or something.

In Blackberry's attempt to over-simplify the BB10 user interface, they often seem to cut off their nose to spite their face by taking away usability instead of enhancing it.

If you're going to take away controls, you'd better do it in an intelligent and reliable way. Just removing buttons and knobs doesn't cut it.
    Whether you care or don't care is irrelevant, the display/sensory sytems work perfectly and properly. Automatic brightness is so 1985, its out dated and it's about time it got replaced.

Live with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 11:14 PM
    And some moaners wanted BlackBerry to innovate. So much appreciation for BlackBerry innovation.

Oh yes. I'm so happy that BlackBerry has innovated a flawed brightness setting.

Their innovation in this case just doesn't work right. They should have spent more time innovating something useful.

Posted Via CB10 on my Sexy *** wifi calling enabled Q10
    Omnitech and Dave Liao like this.
    07-08-13 11:19 PM
    Oh yes. I'm so happy that BlackBerry has innovated a flawed brightness setting.

Their innovation in this case just doesn't work right. They should have spent more time innovating something useful.

They did. Have you seen the hub? Or the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:30 AM
    "Perfectly and properly", heh... that's definite lulz material. I suppose next you will be telling us all what the "perfect" religion and shoes are.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    07-09-13 02:22 AM
    They did. Have you seen the hub? Or the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    I know. I was just saying they wasted time with "GLO".

07-09-13 06:38 AM
    I'm sad there's no way to disable the auto screen dimming on .4543 - at least not on my Q10?
    If anyone figures out a way to hack it, let us know!
    07-10-13 10:30 AM
    I have tested it in almost all light conditions naturally occurring around me and it just works ...

Love it specially during night when I pass by street lights..it is almost magical to see the screen brightness adapt as if it is a living thing...

BlackBerry GLO is awesome...

07-10-13 10:56 AM
    I have tested it in almost all light conditions naturally occurring around me and it just works ...

Love it specially during night when I pass by street lights..it is almost magical to see the screen brightness adapt as if it is a living thing...

BlackBerry GLO is awesome...

Raising the screen brightness when the ambient light increases makes it a "living thing"??

You seem to have a rather low standard for what constitutes a sentient being.
    07-10-13 01:13 PM
    It would be nice if Blackberry gave us an option to disable and enable this GLO feature. I feel I have more control over my brightness settings on the Playbook and that's a good thing.

I feel I could get used to GLO. But as it stands now I usually have the settings brightness adjuster in active frame as I'm constantly adjusting a tad up or down.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    07-11-13 12:50 AM