Is this possible with the Z10, i only see an option to auto answer using Headset
    07-08-13 04:16 AM
    I'd guess that the phone detects the inline mic and that triggers a distinction between headphones and headset. It seems the software engs didn't think it was necessary to write code for headphones as realistically, people that are answer calls through headphones more often than not have an in line mic.
    07-08-13 11:57 AM
    Yeah but if my headphones are in the phone doesn't answer

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 12:05 PM
    Do your headphones have an in Line mic? If not that would be why

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:49 AM
    Do your headphones have an in Line mic? If not that would be why

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain what is a line in mic, am using the same headphone that came with the Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:04 PM
    Can you explain what is a line in mic, am using the same headphone that came with the Z10

Posted via CB10
    Inline mic would be the lil bump on the headphone cord, at least the Q premium ones appear to have it, my Z headphones are in the boxes.
    07-10-13 03:33 PM
    Inline mic would be the lil bump on the headphone cord, at least the Q premium ones appear to have it, my Z headphones are in the boxes.
    You mean the headphones were you can talk with t
    Yeah that what I have

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:46 PM
    Then it could be that auto answer defines the headset if it's wireless such as a jabra. I don't have the answer just Guessing here.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:28 PM
    Sorry I can't test for you I don't use wired head sets, if I find my one set that isn't new in box I will try to test, I am sure another forum member should be able to test more quickly than me... I am a bluetooth junky so I usually leave my headset in the wrapper, I know I've got a set I pulled out from about 4 years ago floating around the house somewhere.
    07-10-13 04:33 PM
    Ok thanks would be great full if someone can confirm

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:38 PM
    I can tell you with bPod BT play pause function isn't working, usually this is a similar function to answer/hang up (different API but similar in function/feature). Also when pulling headphone jack out, bPod doesn't automatically pause (this could be a BB thing though and just something I'm used to from other platforms). I need to test these features with the native music app and we will have a better idea of what headphone/BT functionality is baked into the native apps.

That's all I've got for you right now, sorry again I can't be of more help to your specific need.
    07-10-13 06:30 PM
    Ok thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:38 PM
    I believe on the default blackberry headphones have a button near the neck. Press that maybe? I've actually never tried.
    07-10-13 08:06 PM
    ok if anyone has had blackberry before with me the 9850 and storm 2, when the headphone is plug in you go to call settings select auto answer, so when i driving i hear my phone ring i don't have to press to answer so was looking for the dame feature with the Z10

the reason i don't used head set is that i listen a lot of music which the headphone is more comfortable, find it dumb that they would implement such a simple feature
    07-11-13 03:44 AM
    I use the old BlackBerry premium multimedia earphones. These don't auto answer, however I was in the gym doing some cardio a few days ago with my earphones in and a call auto answered. The lady asked me if I wanted police, fire or ambulance :s :s :s

I politely hung up without saying a word thinking I had pocket dialled them, I hadn't. This is the only time when my phone has auto answered so my Q10 must have sensed I was dying in the heat doing the cardio and came to my rescue?

Must be a 10.1 thing.
    07-11-13 04:13 AM
    I use the old BlackBerry premium multimedia earphones. These don't auto answer, however I was in the gym doing some cardio a few days ago with my earphones in and a call auto answered. The lady asked me if I wanted police, fire or ambulance :s :s :s

I politely hung up without saying a word thinking I had pocket dialled them, I hadn't. This is the only time when my phone has auto answered so my Q10 must have sensed I was dying in the heat doing the cardio and came to my rescue?

Must be a 10.1 thing.
    well unless you go to phone settings on turn it on then i guess it wouldn't not, answer but i can assure you older models does have the feature
    07-11-13 04:50 AM