Hi
    I am on amazon audio able book site and have a monthly membership but cannot play the books I know they don't have a BlackBerry App but when I save them in downloads it just keeps saying that it can't read the file

Please help any thoughts

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:38 PM
    Hi
    I am on amazon audio able book site and have a monthly membership but cannot play the books I know they don't have a BlackBerry App but when I save them in downloads it just keeps saying that it can't read the file

Please help any thoughts

Posted via CB10
    There's a whole thread (which I started) on the issue of Audible not having a BB Z10 app. You can search the thread with "Audible" and Amazon" in this forum.

Bottom line is that you have to get an Audible APK Android file and "sign" it according to a procedure developed by Sacha ("xsacha"), which is available in another thread, perhaps in a different forum, but it's searchable here.

It will take quite a bit of doing on your part to make this work, especially if you're not into playing around with files and your Blackberry in Development mode, and there is no technical way in which anyone can send you a signed Android file, because the signed files are unique to each Z10 user, otherwise I would just email it to you or anyone.

One of these days maybe Audible-Amazon will wake up and make an OS 10 app--it would be so easy for them to do, since the Android port ability exists, and we can use many Android apps already on the Z10--but right now there's no other solution for users.

Theoretically you can convert Audible files to MP3s, unencrypted, but that's even tougher to do and costs about $40 for the program to strip off the encryption. You own those Audible files, so it's legal, but it's still very difficult.

You might want to add your name to the list of complainers to Audible-Amazon. That could do some good, maybe.
    06-17-13 03:32 PM