We don't have Netflix in here only HBO but i cancel it just today because it still has no playbook app and it's no supporting blackberry at all.

I also quite my Spotify account 5 weeks ago and have now Deezer on my mobile and playbook. Works good.
    05-22-13 02:50 PM
    If i didn't have a netflix Acct, I'd sign up just to cancel

Posted with my Q10
    Try them for free and then dump them. That's what they deserve for ignoring Blackberry.
    05-22-13 02:53 PM
    yea, but only difference is there is no economic pressure. it obviously costs more to make the app than to lose a couple of diehard bb user.
    Netflix isn't against BB, they are against wasting money on an unknown and unproven platform. If you really want Netflix to build a BB10 app, you need to get everyone you know to go buy a BB10 phone.

Also the BB Platform has in the past been heavily used by business and gov agency that tend to lock down devices to prevent usage of this type. So Netflix is going to want to see how many none BES users the platform has, this would give them a rough idea of how many "consumer grade" device there were. I'm sure they have a computer model that tells them that out of X number of device, they can expect Y number of them to have Netflix accounts.

Of course Netflix is also looking at the devices a platform has... right now BB10 has two phones. Which are not the best devices for viewing feature films and television shows. I think most people that have a Netflix account us it with a device connected to their TV or on a computer or laptop... they may also use it on a tablet and in a pinch on a phone. But I bet very few subscribers are using their accounts solely on their phones. Now if BB10 had a table device....
    05-22-13 02:53 PM
    I'm in same boat, Netflix has saved me many a times with my 5 year old. Waiting in lines, DR office, restaurants etc. I will cancel and then resign up with my wifes email address just to prove a point
    I just show my son something on youtube Just few trailors on Youtube do the trick.
    05-22-13 02:58 PM
    Try them for free and then dump them. That's what they deserve for ignoring Blackberry.
    Good idea, I was holding off on not subscribing to Netflix because of their lack of BB support. This is another way to show them how much they're losing.
    05-22-13 03:00 PM
    What took you guys so long. I cancelled when they didn't/wouldn't support the PlayBook!
    05-22-13 03:01 PM
    I'm a step ahead of you. Did that last month!
    05-22-13 03:03 PM
    Also the BB Platform has in the past been heavily used by business and gov agency that tend to lock down devices to prevent usage of this type. So Netflix is going to want to see how many none BES users the platform has, this would give them a rough idea of how many "consumer grade" device there were. I'm sure they have a computer model that tells them that out of X number of device, they can expect Y number of them to have Netflix accounts.
    Good point, best I've heard that is reasonable and not dismissive. Cheers for that.

Of course Netflix is also looking at the devices a platform has... right now BB10 has two phones. Which are not the best devices for viewing feature films and television shows. I think most people that have a Netflix account us it with a device connected to their TV or on a computer or laptop... they may also use it on a tablet and in a pinch on a phone. But I bet very few subscribers are using their accounts solely on their phones. Now if BB10 had a table device....
    Z10 is definitely media friendly, gotta disagree. The Q10 has a 1:1 aspect ratio so not as media friendly, no doubt. To put it directly, I'd say the Q10 is aimed at the enterprise market while the Z10 is Blackberry's first (OS10) attempt at the consumer market. The Q5 is an attempt at competing with cheaper devices in markets where messaging is more important than media, imo. Coming soon: the 'phablet', which is the second attempt at the consumer market, but in North American and European markets.
    05-22-13 03:04 PM
    Lol this has been tried.
    No one followed through.

Besides, if you actually use your Netflix, you're not going to cancel just to get it on your phone.
    Majority of use is at home anyways.
    App is just a value added feature.
    It's because of people like you that Netflix can keep doing whatever it wants to Blackberry. If you can't suport the cause then keep quite.
    05-22-13 03:05 PM
    Not discounting that it requires resources to build an app for a new platform. Just not sure how it should be viewed as futile to make the attempt to persuade a company to change its mind? I applaud the effort, whatever the outcome, and it doesn't seem silly to me at all. I email companies all the time, and little old me, I often get personal responses. Because companies DO pay attention to these things, I assure you. That's not to say that this will turn the tide on whether or not Netflix makes an app for BB10, I'm just a little disappointed in the negativity on this thread to users who want Netflix and are trying to make it happen.

Why not try? What do they have to lose? I guess that's the answer I'm missing on this thread. Instead there's just a lot of armchair experts chiming in on why it's pointless.
    ok... does that change the fact that is it not good for business?you want to know why ppl are just sitting and chiming in on why it is pointless? because it is POINTLESS. want to knwo another reason? it is because bb is not the only device they use it to watch netflix with. they probably watch it on computer and tv and not having it on bb not a big deal.

how about thinking it the other way. Pressure BB into getting Netflix on board. i dont know? maybe like dropping Alicia Key and using that money to pay netflix to make an app so netflix dont have to use any of their own money.

Why does Netflix have to do anything that doesn't benefit them? BB either needs to get their users volume up or pay up, otherwise Netflix can care less.
    05-22-13 03:05 PM
    Now that is a serious goal right there. I say we also get Europe and Africa to boycott American elections.
    If we're on the topic of America and Elections, any way we can get Republicans to boycott voting in general? It'd make things go so much smoother.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-22-13 03:09 PM
    Cause theyre not already getting money from all the other Android IOS PS3 and XBOX 360 users, dont cancel an account because theyre following the usual BB Protocol of "tools not toys". Still dont understand why you guys are so pissed off about not having netflix on blackberry, since most blackberry users are quick to point out they dont use their device for media consumption...
    Becuase many users don't buy Blackberry becuase there is no netflix or instagram on it.
    05-22-13 03:14 PM
    If we're on the topic of America and Elections, any way we can get Republicans to boycott voting in general? It'd make things go so much smoother.
    I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did.

Good job lightening the mood.
    05-22-13 03:19 PM
    how about thinking it the other way. Pressure BB into getting Netflix on board. i dont know? maybe like dropping Alicia Key and using that money to pay netflix to make an app so netflix dont have to use any of their own money.
    Heh. Good one. Not dumping on AK, just made me laugh, thanks.

ok... does that change the fact that is it not good for business?you want to know why ppl are just sitting and chiming in on why it is pointless? because it is POINTLESS. want to knwo another reason? it is because bb is not the only device they use it to watch netflix with. they probably watch it on computer and tv and not having it on bb not a big deal.
    Honestly, I totally agree that I don't get people who stream media on their phones. If I want to watch video on my Z10 it's offline 99% of the time, with the occasional YouTube link I'll click. BB10 is built for multiple video formats I can watch offline and I see no reason to use up data on streaming video when it's metered by my cell provider. Why would I pay for something twice? But that applies to all platforms as far as I'm concerned.

Why does Netflix have to do anything that doesn't benefit them? BB either needs to get their users volume up or pay up, otherwise Netflix can care less.
    Netflix, as a private company, is free to do whatever they want. And yes, BB needs to continue to prove itself as a platform. Early days for the new OS (4+ months and counting).... I still don't get why it's pointless to put pressure on a company to adopt? Is it 'wrong' of these people to try? I dunno, I'm all for it. These things are circular, and can take on lives of their own. If every company / developer adopted the Netflix attitude, there would be no apps on BB10, and hence no Blackberry. There would be one less mobile platform for consumers, and less choice. And less choice (competition) in the business world usually equates to less innovation, and higher prices. If Samsung wasn't breathing down Apple's neck, would we expect to see a 'major' refresh with iOS 7? Why would Apple bother if they had no competition?

I'm a fan of all the platforms succeeding in the marketplace beyond my personal preference for Blackberry. I think users of other platforms who cheer on Blackberry's demise are foolish, to be honest. Hence I support this boycott of Netflix. Cheers!
    05-22-13 03:19 PM
    Cancelled my account.
    05-22-13 03:22 PM
    It's because of people like you that Netflix can keep doing whatever it wants to Blackberry. If you can't suport the cause then keep quite.
    So, a Netflix subscriber who actually uses the service in other areas should quit because you think BB is being bullied?

Becuase many users don't buy Blackberry becuase there is no netflix or instagram on it.
    If the platform can't hold it's own because of two missing apps, BB has bigger problems to address.
    05-22-13 03:23 PM
    I think a boycott of this type can be a doubled-edged sword. Either it proves you have economic power, or it proves Netflix right by underlining the fact that you don't.

The Playbook movement was 6K strong, right?
    05-22-13 03:25 PM
    i dumped my subscription couple weeks back. no netflix love for blackberry means no love to netflix from me...
    05-22-13 03:26 PM
    This will not do any good - Netflix will still punk Blackberry...
    ...It's not a big deal for the phones to have it.
    ...It's a deal breaker for a Tablet however.

And this is the whole point....
    ...Blackberry will not be taken seriously if the Playbook or future tablets can't run Netflix.
    05-22-13 03:27 PM
    I'm in. wrote them on twitter yesterday and canceled.
    05-22-13 03:27 PM
    Going to cancel now.
    05-22-13 03:31 PM
    I returned my Z10 on Saturday and got the Galaxy S4. And let me tell you, Netflix on the Galaxy S4 screen is absolutely gorgeous.
    Saiga, txtoast, Residing and 1 others like this.
    05-22-13 03:32 PM
    Not necessarily. Boycotts are very effective if they are done properly. Don't forget this isn't restricted to the number of Blackberry phone subscribers, a lot of people have other devices with Netflix on them (Blu-Rays, Media Players, iOS/Android) and happen to be BB users. I don't subscribe to Netflix, but you can be sure I will *not* recommend them if they stick with this position.

If they see a sudden spike in cancellations around the same time, you bet they'll take notice. I don't think there's any danger of Netflix going out of business, lol, but if the cost of cancellations is greater than the projected cost of officially supporting BB10 with an Android port (or better), then you bet they'll be looking at the numbers.

It may be "just business" regarding Netflix's decision not to support BB10, so if that's the case, then you make it about business.

Kudos to those who are making a point, even if you re-subscribe. Hope it gets traction and makes Netflix stand up and notice.
    Not to sound too jaded, but it seems that a couple of profitable quarters has dimmed the memory of a rather unresponsive Netflix.

That Netflix didn't respond until a majority of their customers were beating them about the head and shoulders. Being as the management team is basically the same, I don't foresee a couple of thousand BlackBerry subscribers defecting as even making it onto the radar.

Sorry, but this is an exercise in futility.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:32 PM
    Attachment 164160

Posted via CB10
    That tweet from @lanyardtwerk is actually pretty hilarious lol.
    05-22-13 03:34 PM
    Cancelled 2 accounts. But a corporation wouldn't care about us they look at other medium to make / steal money.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:35 PM
1,329 ... 910111213 ...