Hello!

I had created a thread about battery usage on Z10 and a CB member (on Rogers network) suggested changing (downgrading) Network Settings from LTE.

I'm on ATT and unable to access 'Network Technology' in System Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network

Apparently, under 'Network Technology', there are a number of options (for example)
    1. LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM
    2. HSPA+/UMTS/GSM
    3. LTE/HSPA+/UMTS
    4. HSPA+/UMTS
    5. GSM

I can't access these options.

So, has ATT hard-wired Z10's to LTE?

I'd like the option of changing (downgrading) if I want to.
    I've been reading a lot about how LTE can tend to suck battery life (sure it depends on device and OS version, but still). I'd like the option of changing my network connection type.

Older OS versions (7, 6 etc) allowed you change Network Mode (3G & 2G, 2G, etc)

Would unlocking it give me access to other Network Setting options or am i SOL?

Any suggestions are welcome!!
    03-25-13 04:48 PM
    I was wondering the same bc it doesn't give me the option to change

Z10
    03-25-13 04:53 PM
    Hello!

I had created a thread about battery usage on Z10 and a CB member (on Rogers network) suggested changing (downgrading) Network Settings from LTE.

I'm on ATT and unable to access 'Network Technology' in System Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network

Apparently, under 'Network Technology', there are a number of options (for example)
    1. LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM
    2. HSPA+/UMTS/GSM
    3. LTE/HSPA+/UMTS
    4. HSPA+/UMTS
    5. GSM

I can't access these options.

So, has ATT hard-wired Z10's to LTE?

I'd like the option of changing (downgrading) if I want to.
    I've been reading a lot about how LTE can tend to suck battery life (sure it depends on device and OS version, but still). I'd like the option of changing my network connection type.

Older OS versions (7, 6 etc) allowed you change Network Mode (3G & 2G, 2G, etc)

Would unlocking it give me access to other Network Setting options or am i SOL?

Any suggestions are welcome!!
    Unfortunately, AT&T has had antenna selection blocked since 7.1.3xx series of OS7.1. There's been no work around. We're locked in.
    adjdudley21 and lilminx like this.
    03-25-13 04:59 PM
    well @Mecca EL thank you for letting me know!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-25-13 05:05 PM
    well @Mecca EL thank you for letting me know!
    You're welcome. I would love to be able to select antennas. Could imagine what battery life would be like? 3G/2G isn't that slow.
    lilminx likes this.
    03-25-13 05:14 PM
    You're welcome. I would love to be able to select antennas. Could imagine what battery life would be like? 3G/2G isn't that slow.
    I think it's bs that we aren't given the option to access other network speeds. Good thing I am on unlimited data.

Posted via CB10
    lilminx and Mecca EL like this.
    03-25-13 05:15 PM
    I think it's bs that we aren't given the option to access other network speeds. Good thing I am on unlimited data.

Posted via CB10
    TRUE!

To be honest, I'm okay with not having the choice - but yes, if you're not on an unlimited data plan, you're SOL

Only reason why I'd like to have a choice is because I've read a few other threads about LTE uses more battery.

Meh, oh well!

I wish I was still on Rogers network (lol)
    03-25-13 05:35 PM
    I used to love antenna selection on my ATT phones before 7.1, I work concerts and tour so it was awesome to go from H+ to 3G in order to speed up my connection when H+ and 4G were bogged down...
    lilminx and Mecca EL like this.
    03-25-13 05:38 PM
    I really hope this is not the same for Verizon.
    03-25-13 05:41 PM
    I can sell you my Z10 SLT 100-1 if you want. It's unlocked and doesn't reach LTE speeds but still very fast
    03-25-13 05:50 PM
    I am finding this very frustrating with AT&T. I am in a smaller market with limited LTE coverage. It is killing my battery life being on LTE with 2 bars all day. 3G would be plenty fast enough for most of my day being that is is just email/text heavy. Wish there was something we could do.
    03-25-13 11:14 PM
    I'm in a area covered with 4G LTE with AT&T. I do see the point other people have with not being able to change it. Hopefully there's an update or something for AT&T customers to make this change in the future.
    lilminx likes this.
    03-26-13 12:11 AM
    In my area, the reception gets worse if you get off of H+ and go to 3g. What I was gaining in battery life I was losing in reception. Torch 9810.
    03-30-13 06:54 PM
    I'm in a area covered with 4G LTE with AT&T. I do see the point other people have with not being able to change it. Hopefully there's an update or something for AT&T customers to make this change in the future.
    Same for me

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:00 PM
    I report I can change this option on T-Mobile as changing to GSM seems to help a lot battery wise.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:46 PM
    AT&T does it for all their phones. They dont discriminate

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:54 PM