I have used both Tmobile and AT&T for business. Not at the same time, the company I worked for switched from Tmobil to AT&T.

cost (USA) - tmobile wins
    coverage (USA) - AT&T wins. In rural areas, AT&T is much better, in cities, Tmobile is just fine
    international - in cities Tmobile is great, and with their new international plan, you can't beat it. In marginal areas, AT&T wins.
    02-20-14 11:38 AM
    That's fantastic. I work from a home office where I could have wifi only on almost all of the time which would really give me great battery life.
    Just my opinion, but if you go with t-mo and wifi-calling is a priority, I would get a branded phone. That way you won't get pushed a rogue OS that will kill wifi-calling. And, t-mo is usually very good about giving out free unlock codes. Just make sure it's got the 10.1 MR with wifi-calling.
    02-20-14 12:16 PM
    Thanks everybody for all this really useful information. While I'm processing all this info I am going to wait the update to both T-Mo and ATT and see how that goes and once it's sorted out I am going to buy an unlocked phone and try it on T-Mo first while I keep my number of the last 14 years intact. If that goes well (T-Mo) then I'll port my ATT number over.

Again = many thanks!!

Ken
    02-20-14 01:26 PM
    Thanks everybody for all this really useful information. While I'm processing all this info I am going to wait the update to both T-Mo and ATT and see how that goes and once it's sorted out I am going to buy an unlocked phone and try it on T-Mo first while I keep my number of the last 14 years intact. If that goes well (T-Mo) then I'll port my ATT number over.

Again = many thanks!!

Ken
    OK... but one version of the 100-3 has the 1700 band (T-mo) and one does not. Not a deal killer but... look carefully.
    02-20-14 02:21 PM
    OK... but one version of the 100-3 has the 1700 band (T-mo) and one does not. Not a deal killer but... look carefully.
    See now I'm confused. If you buy the phone unlocked directly from Blackberry
    (BlackBerry Black Z10 - ShopBlackBerry.com)
    it says "Only compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile"

How can that be if there are these variants? Does the 1700 band (T-mo) relate to a specific function?
    02-20-14 02:26 PM

How can that be if there are these variants? Does the 1700 band (T-mo) relate to a specific function?
    Either will work on either. People come over from at&t to t-mo all the time and the other way around. It's a minor thing. I believe the 1700 freak is associated with 3G, back in the days when that was as fast as it got. So, BBerry is correct. Look here for the 100-3 variants: BlackBerry Z10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The RFK121LW is the model I have as a t-mo branded phone. Unless someone here has an objection, I'd ask for a RFK121LW.
    02-20-14 08:26 PM
    twbtr, would you please elaborate on what you mean by "10.1 for life!" - does that mean you aren't going to update past 10.1? This seems to be a big issue - people who have updated their phones to 10.2, either thru their carrier or through the leaks, seem to be either happy or sorry for things that have gone wrong - some people are both. It's the thing that most concerns me in getting a new BB.

Thank you.

kh
    Its all in sarcasm, i would love to upgrade to 10.2.1 or even 10.2 but it just doesnt seem like its coming to ATT anytime soon, I am very happy with my Z10, even on 10.1, and I think anyone else would be too!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:02 PM

More on this:
    "Since T-Mobile's "network modernisation" project, they had been refarming their GSM/EDGE 1900 MHz (PCS) band for use with the UMTS/HSPA+ network and the 1700 MHz (AWS) was refarmed for use with T-Mobile's recently-launched LTE network. We have this "modernisation" fully completed here in Los Angeles. This also increases compatibility with devices not specifically branded for use on the T-Mobile network.

The RFF91LW variant supports 1700 MHz (AWS) LTE band (Band IV)."

Comes from here: Blackberry | T-Mobile Support
    02-21-14 12:41 PM
    My wife and I have been with t-mo for 8 years, my son with at&t for about five.

Service... where we live, Malibu, both suck though T-Mo is marginally better. Marginally. We all have our magic spots to stand where the aliens allow reception. BUT... my wife's OS7 phone (on UMA) and my Z10 on wifi-calling make the t-mo coverage perfect. My son was given a femtocell by at&t but it has extremely limited range and only works one way.

Costs: T-mo wins. Period.

Overseas travel: between wifi-calling and T-mo's cheap-o international calling, T-mo wins. No question.

Support. We have found t-mo to be better than at&t.

If you ONLY cared about domestic cell coverage I guess at&t wins. Maybe. When I went to visit my son in Boston he was getting crap for at&t coverage and t-mo was an ace.

Read this: T-Mobile US Inc. Has Totally Revolutionized the Smartphone Market (AAPL, SSNLF, T, TMUS, VZ)
    I'm on AT&T and I agree w/this post. T-Mobile is releasing 10.2.1 in March, and it'll include WiFi calling. AT&T doesn't offer Wifi calling at all. What that means is that you don't have to worry about their network coverage, not even for calls, if you're home or in a wifi hot spot. In addition to saving a ton of money (potentially), it helps to protect against dead spots (particularly if you don't get good reception at home!).

I'm w/AT&T because the company pays. Otherwise, I'd be on T-Mobile, I'm sure. I like their new global plan.
    02-21-14 04:17 PM
    Another good point for T-Mobile is free international data... now I don't need to look for a local sim card, just switch on my phone when I land in another country and I am good to go

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 04:37 PM
    Tmobile's LTE. They're catching up. This is in several locations through out Chicago
    ATT vs. T-Mobile-img_20140217_173759.png

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 06:27 PM
    If T-Mobile can continue to invest in network expansion they could push sprint out of third place. It will take a lot of money and marketing to get this done.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 06:58 PM
    I thought t-mobile is already the third since the deal with metropcss finalized?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:12 AM
38 12